lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Game scenery/landscapes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-10-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
Game scenery/landscapes

I love game scenery and locations, so I thought i'd dedicate a thread to screenshots of said scenery. I particularly enjoy the fantastical approach of games like Final Fantasy (though i've only ever played XII), and the sci-fi of Mass Effect, as well as older stuff like Zelda and Ico. but yeah: screenies are cool, so i'll start. discussion aswell 'natch, but everyone likes images, amirite?

speaking of which: some stonkingly good FFXIII shots:

*drool*

Last edited by Salzella; 12-11-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #2
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Mmm, those don't look half-bad. I may just have to look into that game.

I really enjoyed the scenery in Tomb Raider: Underworld. Yea, some of the levels were a little drab, but the beginning of the first level and the entire second level were amazing. In the beginning of the first level...ah, what the heck. I'll put it in a spoiler tag, just in case.

spoiler:
In the beginning of the first level, Lara gets to swim around in some underwater ruins, which happen to have a nice little mini-reef on them. The entire sequence scared me half to death, 'cuz I'm deathly afraid of deep water and sharks, but once I finally dispatched all the dangerous critters, I had a nice look at the reef. I happened to be doing a marine biology course at the time, so I got to see just how much detail was put into the scenery.

The next level is set in Thailand (above water, thank goodness). As you might have guessed, it's mostly green, green, and more green. Still, it's pretty.

That was probably a completely unnecessary spoiler tag.

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Game scenery/landscapes