lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: PC Controls
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-27-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
Lord Foley

PC Controls

Does anyone else find the default controls a real pain on PC? I'm having major issues with bumping force push (E) when reaching for block (R). The biggest pain of all, though, is trying to target an enemy with a force power. It's a real struggle to land force lightning when the enemy isn't in a cardinal direction. Playing on Sith Lord is a real challenge when you keep firing powers off at nothing.

Guess I'll have to buy a 360 controller :\

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2009, 11:23 PM   #2
Psyk0Sith
3D Tech Support

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
You can change the controls in the file config.xml file (use notepad to edit), should be under:

\documents and settings\local settings\application data\aspyr\Star Wars The Force Unleashed

Note that the game wont update the controls for some reason, but the new ones you entered will work.

Psyk0Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2009, 12:48 PM   #3
Zwier Zak

I actually prefer to play it on the keyboard. Gamepads are so overrated.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2010, 12:52 AM   #4
Massach3r
Lurker

yes i found that annoying too. and that it didn't update the bindings that u set in game was even more annoying!

Core i7-860/Gigabyte P55A-UD5/G.Skill-Trident 4GB DDR3-1600/Sapphire HD5870 1GB/ViewSonic 19" WS (2ms)/WD SATA 1TB HDD x2/LG SATA 18x DVDRW x2/Thermaltake Evo_Blue 750Watt PSU/Noctua NH-C12P-SE14
Massach3r is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
Lord Dagron
Rookie

Current Game: TFU , TFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyk0Sith View Post
You can change the controls in the file config.xml file (use notepad to edit), should be under:

\documents and settings\local settings\application data\aspyr\Star Wars The Force Unleashed

Note that the game wont update the controls for some reason, but the new ones you entered will work.
I have an Xbox 360 controler. Will that also work with an Xbox 360 controler ? I ask because I cann't get the controler to work with the game.

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering." Yoda
" You don't know the true nature of the force , I must obey my master" Darth Vader
" And now young Jedi, you will die" The Emperor

Formerly Known As Darth Riddick
Lord Dagron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2010, 01:17 AM   #6
woodrolf
Banned

get a 360 controler,excellent to play games
woodrolf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Secret Apprentice's Logs > PC Controls