lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-08-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Spadille
Rookie

Current Game: Saint's Row
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

Looks like LucasArts has announced a new Lego Star Wars game, and guess what... more Clone Wars!

http://lucasarts.com/games/legostarwarsiii/
Spadille is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #2
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

Current Game: POTC: New Horizons
That is cool! The characters look weird though.
Te Darasuum Mandalor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
HdVaderII
I am le sad.

Current Game: Dark Forces. Yeah.
Wow LucasArts. Where's my next X-Wing game huh? Or how about Republic Commando 2?

Are you one of those poor Macintosh gamers that are in the possession of Empire at War, yet because of the scarcity of Mac players out there you have nobody to play against? If you are, PM me if you want to set up a game.
HdVaderII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
JuniorModder

Sweet! I was hoping they'd make one for CW. I wonder if I'll be able to kill Rotta the Hutlet with Asajj Ventress?

JM
JuniorModder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Despite the mixed feelings about the Clone War series, I know that all the Lego games I've played have been really fun and if you liked them too, you should enjoy this despite the theme.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #6
HdVaderII
I am le sad.

*Sigh*
Yes, I've loved all of the others, they were all quite good, but I'm not sure another one is needed.

Are you one of those poor Macintosh gamers that are in the possession of Empire at War, yet because of the scarcity of Mac players out there you have nobody to play against? If you are, PM me if you want to set up a game.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #7
jrrtoken

The LEGO games have always been rather entertaining, and I don't doubt that this wil be the case, too. However, I, among others, have become verbosely chagrined with the Clone Wars along with LucasArts' favorite pastime of acute disappointment and blatant mediocrity.

Naturally, I can't see them changing direction any time soon...
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2010, 05:47 PM   #8
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
I HATE CLONE WARS

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2010, 05:59 PM   #9
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
To be honest, i'm not at all surprised by this - it was the most logical step for Lego Star Wars. Don't know if i'll be interested in it, though - I love the Lego Star Wars games, but I don't like the Clone Wars all that much (even if it does have a good episode from time to time.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HdVaderII View Post
Or how about Republic Commando 2?
QFE, in the strongest possible terms.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2010, 09:19 PM   #10
Ghost

Current Game: NBA 2k11
hmm, I was hoping something after the the OT or before the PT, but Clone Wars is LA and LF's main focus now so I guess that was it. It would be nice to see another lego star wars
Ghost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #11
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
This looks like it'll be fun. I wonder what Ahsoka looks like in LEGO?

*hopes for LEGO Lord of the Rings...eventually...*

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #12
JuniorModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorenna View Post
This looks like it'll be fun. I wonder what Ahsoka looks like in LEGO?

*hopes for LEGO Lord of the Rings...eventually...*

I agree with you. Maybe the new Hobbit movie will convince LEGO to take the license.

JM
Old 02-08-2010, 11:06 PM   #13
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
I HATE CLONE WARS

Meh. I enjoy Lego Star Wars, and I'll probably enjoy this one. But LA is dead to me until they deliver an RC2, or a BF3, or something not related to TCW.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #14
Arannor

Current Game: SWTOR
Could have saw this one coming with all the CW Lego sets that they have out.

Nwűl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontű châtsatul nu tyűk.
Tyűkjontű châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontű châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontű kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.
Arannor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2010, 11:55 PM   #15
Ghost

yeah, recently lego has done a Clone Wars Version of the Venator, it looks okay, but not something I'll write home about. Oh wait, I already am home!
Old 02-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #16
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I enjoyed the other Lego games, so I'll probably give this a try.

Still want X-Wing/KOTOR/Jedi Knight updates though!

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #17
Te Darasuum Mandalor
Forumite

Current Game: POTC: New Horizons
Lego SW 3 should be cool. I would rather have Lego LOTR, but looks cool. On my Lego Thread, you can post ideas regarding lego LOTR, but lets stick to the new LSW game coming outon this thread? K? I wonder if it will include elements from the show or movie or if it will create entirely new adventures like Lego Batman.
Te Darasuum Mandalor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2010, 02:55 AM   #18
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
I enjoyed the other Lego games, so I'll probably give this a try.

I agree totally on this. I would love to see updates for all these other games, too. LA is missing the boat on this.

Lego Indy 2 is fun, and Lego Rock Band, while not an LA game, is terrific and has a lot of fun features. I imagine we'll see some new features in Lego SW 3 that might make it more entertaining. I'd love to see Grievous cough himself apart into a bunch of collapsing bricks. Or maybe that's just kind of weird.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2010, 07:55 AM   #19
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai'galaar Bralor View Post

Meh. I enjoy Lego Star Wars, and I'll probably enjoy this one. But LA is dead to me until they deliver an RC2, or a BF3, or something not related to TCW.
Quote:
I HATE CLONE WARS
I never understood why people hate TCW so much...

Anyway, the game will probably be good like the rest of the LEGO Star Wars games...
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2010, 08:14 AM   #20
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
I never understood why people hate TCW so much...
Because it's the Lucas answer to everything these days. What TV series should we make next? Oh, The Clone Wars. What about a movie? Oh yeah, The Clone Wars. How about another Star Wars video game? Why not some more Clone Wars?

I'm so f***ing sick of the bloody Clone Wars in its current state.

The only good Clone Wars was the original series by Genndy Tartakovsky. That series was brilliant and had a lot of style and was covered in awesomeness.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #21
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
Quote:
I want this so damn much...waaa :'(

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #22
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I'll probably buy this, and I almost never buy video games. I enjoy TCW and the other Lego games I've played (SW Complete Saga and Indiana Jones), so I'll probably enjoy this too.

It will mostly be for my 5-yr old, however, who plays Lego SW on the Wii pretty much constantly. He prefers the movies (OT and PT both) to TCW, but I'm sure he'll play it now and then for a change of pace.

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #23
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Because it's the Lucas answer to everything these days. What TV series should we make next? Oh, The Clone Wars. What about a movie? Oh yeah, The Clone Wars. How about another Star Wars video game? Why not some more Clone Wars?
There's a reason for that, though. With the upcoming live action series taking place between the Ep. III and IV, Lucas wants to leave that era untouched with new releases (for the most part) so there's no spoilers or conflicts with his vision for the live action series. Granted LA did release TFU in the same time period but there might be some tie-ins to that in the new show (just speculation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former
The only good Clone Wars was the original series by Genndy Tartakovsky. That series was brilliant and had a lot of style and was covered in awesomeness.
While I enjoy TCW, you're absolutely right about the Tartakovsky series - best animated series I've ever seen. I never watched it on the CN while it aired in the 3-minute clips, but the DVD compilations are covered in awesomeness.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #24
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
So, just because Lucasfilm is betting on this brand, does it make it a bad tv series?

Quote:
Indeed, it was. But that doesn't mean the new one is bad.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #25
HdVaderII
I am le sad.

Quote:
While not a TV show, the Star Wars: Republic comices were probably my favorite representation of the Clone Wars, with some great artwork and storylines featuring everyone, from Mace to Quinlan Vos.

Not everything about the Clone Wars has been bad, but quite a bit of the stuff now is.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #26
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurges-Ahter View Post
There's a reason for that, though. With the upcoming live action series taking place between the Ep. III and IV, Lucas wants to leave that era untouched with new releases (for the most part) so there's no spoilers or conflicts with his vision for the live action series. Granted LA did release TFU in the same time period but there might be some tie-ins to that in the new show (just speculation).

While I enjoy TCW, you're absolutely right about the Tartakovsky series - best animated series I've ever seen. I never watched it on the CN while it aired in the 3-minute clips, but the DVD compilations are covered in awesomeness.
They didn't seem to have a problem with conflicting with the original version of The Clone Wars when they made the new series.

Quote:
So, just because Lucasfilm is betting on this brand, does it make it a bad tv series?

Indeed, it was. But that doesn't mean the new one is bad.
It is a bad TV series, it's possible for something to be extremely popular but extremely bad at the same time.... like Britney Spears. Also, the original series by Genndy Tartakovsky is superior to it in every way.

Quote:
Not everything about the Clone Wars has been bad, but quite a bit of the stuff now is.
I never said that everything about TCW has been bad, but I'm so sick of seeing it as a fall-back when they have no other ideas to work with. The fact that it's LEGO Clone Wars is even funnier considering it's a sure bet money grabbing scheme. TFU2 isn't any better either... the only interesting thing happening lately with the Star Wars games side of things is The Old Republic... oh and the re-release of classic games from the past on Steam and Wii VC, etc...

Old 02-10-2010, 09:59 PM   #27
JuniorModder

I thought I posted something earlier. Must've forgotten to press the "Submit reply" button. :P

Anyways, I was going to say something along the lines of keep the annoying Clone Wars hate for the other threads, and leave this for the decent conversation. But hopefully that ended the off topic rants.

I'm happy that they're making this! Especially the Level Creator. I still haven't gotten LEGO Indy 2 to play it's level creator, but the whole idea sounds cool! I wonder if they'll include the new General Grievous as a minifig this year in the game? And do you think they'll include every episode as a level? The episodes "Lightsaber Lost", "Rookies", and the latest Mandalorian episodes will make great levels.

JM
Old 02-11-2010, 03:46 AM   #28
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
It is a bad TV series,
Really? How so? It has received great reviews.

Quote:
it's possible for something to be extremely popular but extremely bad at the same time.... like Britney Spears.
I know.

Quote:
Also, the original series by Genndy Tartakovsky is superior to it in every way.
I don't think one is superior to another. They're different.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:52 AM   #29
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Quote:
Really? How so? It has received great reviews.

I know.

I don't think one is superior to another. They're different.
The second quote you quoted answered your question... and yeah, they are different... but the original is still superior

And the entire point of my hate in this thread is to say "Give me something new and not another clone wars game."

I'm sure this one will probably be a lot better than previous ones considerng the never-fail value of the LEGO series of games, but still, come on. Do we deserve to have recycled ideas over and over or do we deserve to have new and original ideas?

Some folks want sequels to other series, which is fine. I on the other hand want something new.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:36 AM   #30
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
The second quote you quoted answered your question...
Not necessarily. Something can be extremely popular, and not get great reviews. Like the Twilight saga...

Quote:
and yeah, they are different... but the original is still superior
Don't get me wrong, I love the original. Specially the ARC troopers episode.

Quote:
And the entire point of my hate in this thread is to say "Give me something new and not another clone wars game."

I'm sure this one will probably be a lot better than previous ones considerng the never-fail value of the LEGO series of games, but still, come on. Do we deserve to have recycled ideas over and over or do we deserve to have new and original ideas?
Just because they're making a Clone Wars game, doesn't mean they're not working on more games. What a bad company LucasArts would be if they made one game at a time.

Quote:
Some folks want sequels to other series, which is fine. I on the other hand want something new.
I want both.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #31
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

^^^ Best point on this thread. I want both too. And we are getting both. If you don't like Clone Wars stuff, fine, play the other stuff. There's lots to offer. I like both, so I'll experience both (that includes EU novels, comics, and video games). It's an all-you-can-eat Star Wars Buffet, but that doesn't mean you have to eat everything on the table.

I guess I come from the Kyle Newman (director of Fanboys, married to Jaime King) school of fandom - I love Star Wars enough to respect all of it, and try to understand all of it, even if it isn't my particular cup of tea. In the end it turns out to be like family - I don't necessarily like all of my family, but I do love them, so I accept their flaws and embrace them for what they have to offer.

I just don't understand so-called "fans" of Star Wars that hate 50% of what's out there (TCW, the PT, TOR, etc.)

Old 02-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #32
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorModder View Post
Anyways, I was going to say something along the lines of keep the annoying Clone Wars hate for the other threads, and leave this for the decent conversation. But hopefully that ended the off topic rants.
Uh, members are allowed to voice whatever views they have on the topic, positive or negative. No one is required to all have the same opinion.

As you were...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #33
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
This.

Though, anyway you look at it, this is a LEGO game announcement, not a "new series/IP" announcement, so it's not like I would expect anything really new. Seeing as how they already covered the prequels and the original trilogy, TCW is really the only logical direction to take with the mass appeal for the kids. Not like the kiddies read the EU.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #34
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Quote:
Not necessarily. Something can be extremely popular, and not get great reviews. Like the Twilight saga...
Are you trying to say that The Clone Wars = The Twilight Saga?

Quote:
Just because they're making a Clone Wars game, doesn't mean they're not working on more games. What a bad company LucasArts would be if they made one game at a time.
Um.... where have you been for the last few years? That's EXACTLY how it is and it's why a lot of people aren't happy with LA at the moment. Everything has been outsourced to terribly bad companies and has been either LEGO or Clone Wars. The Force Unleashed was a nice try on their part and I applaud them for trying, overall, LA has been extremely disappointing.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #35
Ghost

Quote:
The Force Unleashed was a nice try on their part and I applaud them for trying, overall, LA has been extremely disappointing.
This.

However, TFU was pretty awesome, I can't wait to play it on PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurges-Ahter
I just don't understand so-called "fans" of Star Wars that hate 50% of what's out there (TCW, the PT, TOR, etc.)
It's because the Prequel has been milked to death with shows, comics, and even the movies. I have seen very few recent developments on the OT or above. The last I saw as Jedi Knight. TFU kind of is in the middle because it was timed before ANH. TCW, however, is disliked mostly of the reason it just beats a dead horse. TCW is also another example that LucasFilm has run out of plot ideas for other timelines, because most of their developments has been focused on the Prequel, which I believe should rest. TCW is still an okay show, but there was already a show before it. TOR was just a sad replacement of Kotor 3 because LA thought it would be more profitable, and actually it may turn out to be what LA visioned unfortunately.

Quote:
I never liked Twilight, don't know why, but it just is plain creepy, and disturbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd
LA has done this for years. Actually this is the exact reason why they are so unliked, it is because their recent products they focus on eventually fall apart, like Republic Heroes did (terrible game). Another reason why they aren't producing multiple projects at a time is because it would waste them money, which is pretty much what all companies are about
Old 02-11-2010, 07:11 PM   #36
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Of course not. Where did I say that?

You didn't say that The Clone Wars = Britney Spears either, I guess...
Old 02-11-2010, 11:49 PM   #37
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Quote:
Of course not. Where did I say that?

You didn't say that The Clone Wars = Britney Spears either, I guess...
I Was kidding. Nothing is THAT horrible that it's like the Twilight Saga XD ... not even The Clone Wars

Old 02-12-2010, 04:38 AM   #38
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
I Was kidding.
Oh, sorry then. It's hard to see on the internet.

Quote:
Nothing is THAT horrible that it's like the Twilight Saga XD ... not even The Clone Wars
Not even The Star Wars Holiday Special.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #39
Ghost

The Twilight Saga may have been popular, but it was just undescribable in its horribleness
Old 02-12-2010, 04:25 PM   #40
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Quote:
Oh, sorry then. It's hard to see on the internet.
It is safest to assume that any crap that spews out of Lynk's mind is more sarcasm and facetiousness than fact and seriousness.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars