lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Help in getting few mods to work with KotOR
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
daerragh
Lurker

Help in getting few mods to work with KotOR

Hi. I'm playing KotOR I and installed these four story mods:

ORD Mandell by RedHawke
Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge
Korriban Crystal Cave
Tomb of Jesset Dal'Kest by Darkkender

I believe I installed the latest versions of these mods, since I've searched the internet specifically to get them in their laest versions.

And I'm wondering if they work, because I've already finished Taris, Dantooine and Tatooine and I didn't notice a single change from vannila KotOR, besides there's a new unamed planet available and I'm assuming it's ORD Mandell. I installed the mods in this order: ORD Mandell, BoS, Crystal Cave, Tomb of Jesset Dal'Kest

Did I install them properly? Are these mods designed to work together? If I installed them in a wrong way, please tell me the correct way to do this if it's possible.

Also, please recommend any other story mods for KotOR worth playing.

Thanks in advance.
daerragh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
Christos K
Forumite

BoS:SR won't start until you go through the Leviathan.

ORD Mandell is the unnamed planet and I don't believe it's possible to name it AFAIK cause its the same way for me.

The other two mods will be on Korriban.

If you notice any issues I'd suggest reinstalling the mods in order of size which I imagine would go

BoS:SR, Ord, Tomb, Cave.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2013, 12:32 AM   #3
Fair Strides 2
Witty Programmer

Current Game: Master of Orion 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K View Post
ORD Mandell is the unnamed planet and I don't believe it's possible to name it AFAIK cause its the same way for me.
Actually, it is possible. You just have to add an entry to dialog.tlk and then put the StrRef(String Reference) number into the planet's row in planetary.2da(might not be the actual name, but it's close).

All of my mods are available on Deadlystream.

Always remember modders: "Quality= Effort*Time"

KSE 3.3.4 is LIVE!!! Check it out here.

Check out WalkSwitch, the Walkmesh-changing tool!
Fair Strides 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by daerragh View Post
Also, please recommend any other story mods for KotOR worth playing. Thanks in advance.
Well since you asked, I'd recommend "Recruitable Kay" by Inyri Forge. It's a mod that adds a new character that replaces Juhani's position on the party screen. You'll be able to pick up Kay on Tatooine. It is compatible with Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge if you follow these instructions:

Quote:
YES, this mod is compatible with the popular Brotherhood of Shadow Mod. Install my mod first, then install BoS for greatest possible compatibility. Please see the installation section below for a list of files that are necessary for Recruitable Kay to work. Anything else you can safely allow BoS to overwrite.
How to make these two mods compatible with the others you mentioned is out of my area of expertise.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
daerragh
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K View Post
BoS:SR won't start until you go through the Leviathan.

The other two mods will be on Korriban.

If you notice any issues I'd suggest reinstalling the mods in order of size which I imagine would go

BoS:SR, Ord, Tomb, Cave.
Thanks a lot! I didn't know BoS starts after Leviatan, so I thought, as big as it is, BoS starts much earlier.

As to the planets name, I really don't care I only wish for it to work without bugs.

And thanks for the recommendation of Kay. I will surely try this mod.
daerragh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Help in getting few mods to work with KotOR