lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Texture sizes?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Texture sizes?

Will kotor accept any texture sizes? Im not talking about making really high res stuff that would lag the game but I have a texture that is 1024 by 819 and I was wondering if it would work because people seem to only use multiples of 512 and stuff...

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #2
greggomonkey
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor
hmm i did a bit of experimenting with sizes and got varying results. It also depends on what image editing program you use.

Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak
greggomonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Gimp

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2010, 10:59 PM   #4
greggomonkey
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor
yea same, it just scales normally. Some programs adapt the colours so it doesn't appear blurry but I got some interesting results when I went to high, such as crashes and invisibility.

Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak
greggomonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2010, 11:38 PM   #5
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
In my experience i have used up 4096 texture size in this game but it has to be the powers of 2 meaning 512 x512 1024 x 1024 any thing not even will slant horribly in game

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2010, 12:51 AM   #6
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I've used a few odd sizes (like 768x768, 670x670, or 710x710), and they work just fine. Mind you, I usually only work on characters (a few weapons here and there), and the uvw maps for those always seem to work with square tgas. I don't know what model you'd be using a rectangle (1024x819) for, so I don't know if it would cause any problems.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2010, 03:06 AM   #7
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
On this subject, I noticed that some people here such as Drewton and TriggerGod are able to take textures and not only double the size but double the detail. I was wondering if anyone could share this method as there are quite a few textures I would love to improve if I had the chance.

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Texture sizes?