lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Will there be any co op or Multiplayer
Co op & Multiplayer 11 28.21%
Just Co op 2 5.13%
Just Multiplayer 11 28.21%
No Co op or Multiplayer 15 38.46%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Co-op & Multiplayer ?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-20-2010, 02:22 PM   #41
Breaking Bad
Rookie

Nope: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/15/ru...force-unleash/

Breaking Bad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2010, 02:41 PM   #42
AlexDM
Rookie

Nope what?

A Blue Castle representative told Joystiq it does not comment on potential business relationships. Today, during a Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 demo, executive producer Haden Blackman told Joystiq that the team "definitely talked about all possible features" for a Force Unleashed sequel but ultimately they decided to focus on a "really solid" single-player experience. Blackman says he personally feels that multiplayer and co-op are "hugely important" and he would be "surprised if we didn't see some multiplayer and co-op somewhere down the line" in the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed franchise.

Ever heard of an update? <.< Games do those sometimes you know and really

+1 for them working first more on a Solid single player gameplay first, before they even work on multiplayer.
AlexDM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #43
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Maybe they will rip us off by having these game modes unlocked via DLC...

You know, some slimeball companies will do that.

PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #44
Breaking Bad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDM View Post
Nope what?
Nope as in; they're not going to have multiplayer or co-op for TFU2. They'll probably have it for the Wii like they did with TFU, but not for the 360/ps3/pc.

Quote:
Blackman says he personally feels that multiplayer and co-op are "hugely important" and he would be "surprised if we didn't see some multiplayer and co-op somewhere down the line" in the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed franchise.
Right, but don't get your hopes up. He wasn't talking specifically about having multiplayer or co-op for TFU2. For all we know they will probably come out with TFU3 and have multiplayer/co-op for that game.

Quote:
Ever heard of an update? <.< Games do those sometimes you know and really
Highly unlikely, never heard of a single player game having an update for multiplayer.

I want multiplayer for TFU2 just like everyone else, but from what I've read it's not going to happen.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #45
AlexDM
Rookie

- I think its to soon to assume that they would do a TFU3, if it was TFU3 it would probably not have to do with Starkiller...which they could do but they need to see how sales do for TFU2 first.

- They could do multiplayer for TFU2 as an update, think about it, TFU2 is using clones = Character Customization within a tank = already a good way to start multiplayer, with a cool / nice way to use customization. I will just wait and see for the future if they do or don't.
AlexDM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #46
Breaking Bad
Rookie

Quote:
- I think its to soon to assume that they would do a TFU3, if it was TFU3 it would probably not have to do with Starkiller...which they could do but they need to see how sales do for TFU2 first.
We can only assume, I've watched multiple interviews with Haden Blackmen talking about TFU2, referring it as "The Emperor Strike Back" for his star wars force unleashed saga and hinting that it's going to be a trilogy.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #47
Harkonnen07
Rookie

Current Game: Sam Witwer: The Game
The challenge rooms are still in it would seem though.

Harkonnen07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 01:19 AM   #48
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired View Post
Maybe they will rip us off by having these game modes unlocked via DLC...

You know, some slimeball companies will do that.
I haven't the foggiest who you might be referring to....

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 03:28 PM   #49
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
The various folks saying that they're GLAD there is no multiplayer strike me as rather. Why is it a "good thing" that there's no multiplayer? Are they against having options in a game? I don't see how the LACK of multiplayer increases the lifespan of a game or adds replay value.

It's not like people are going to be modding new single player adventures for this title after release (no word on any modding tools, like its predecessor).

Frankly, it seems like people are just trying to deflect any possible criticisms from this game when they say stuff like that.

That said, there have been other examples of games in which no functional multiplayer was available out of the box, but was added in patches later on. Let's say the multiplayer isn't complete by the release date, but they work on it later and finish it up.

I've heard the Wii version of TFU used a different engine (along with the PS2 version) from the PS3/360/PC version. Perhaps that's why they didn't just port over the MP module. But then again, why was the Wii the ONLY one with it? It's not as if the other versions would have been incapable of having two player deathmatches on a set of basic maps (with throwable objects) using the player models and saber options already available in the game, plus a handful of powerups.

Is it because they don't see a big market for this on Xbox Live or the PS Network? After all, I'm pretty sure the Wii stuff was strictly offline. Or is there (I'm just dreaming here, I know) a new online Jedi game in the works that they're afraid this might cut into?

Then again, I think the odds are slim that, "The Old Republic" will satisfy the cravings of saberists. That game looks like it has fantastic cinematics, but the game itself looks rather cartoony, almost reminding me of Team Fortress 2 (obviously not that caricatured, but still).

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #50
Kurgan
Headhunter

Quote:
Highly unlikely, never heard of a single player game having an update for multiplayer.
Some examples of games that added multiplayer in patches:

"Deus Ex" and LucasArts' own "Outlaws," plus "Heroes of Might and Magic IV."

Sure, I'm pessimistic, but it's not like it would be without precedent to do something like this.

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Old 06-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #51
Harkonnen07
Rookie

I'd rather see a polished single player, then a single player that had glitches and could have used more work and a tact on multiplayer.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #52
Alexrd

Current Game: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 HD
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkonnen07 View Post
I'd rather see a polished single player, then a single player that had glitches and could have used more work and a tact on multiplayer.
I'd rather see both.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #53
truJedi
Rookie

^^^^
Same here , single player all the way before putting in a multiplayer option..
But then again i think a co-op would be sweet if they set it out right.

... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2010, 09:34 AM   #54
Rhykore
Lurker

Ok this might just be me but personally if they do ever bring out co-op i would want it to be a completely different sort of character as your companion rather than a jedi. Some sort of bounty hunter or trooper that way you have two different ways you can play through the game.

They could even put in different routes in some levels you can each take and the bounty hunter/trooper can unlock more abilities the same as the jedi such as more powerful grenades.

I'm sure this idea will be shot down by you all but i just think it would be cool and add a different team play aspect to the game.
Rhykore is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2010, 11:55 PM   #55
The Emperor's Hand
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhykore View Post
Ok this might just be me but personally if they do ever bring out co-op i would want it to be a completely different sort of character as your companion rather than a jedi. Some sort of bounty hunter or trooper that way you have two different ways you can play through the game.

They could even put in different routes in some levels you can each take and the bounty hunter/trooper can unlock more abilities the same as the jedi such as more powerful grenades.

I'm sure this idea will be shot down by you all but i just think it would be cool and add a different team play aspect to the game.
I think this a fantastic idea.

I really don't like the idea of competitive MP but a co-op campaign (over XBL) would be perfect.
The Emperor's Hand is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 01:05 AM   #56
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Emperor's Hand View Post
but a co-op campaign (over XBL) would be perfect.
But then who is the 2nd player going to play as?

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 03:47 AM   #57
Harkonnen07
Rookie

If there going to do co-op it's best to do it, like Dante's Infenro.

A separate trial/horde like mode.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:13 PM   #58
Bane of the Sith
Lurker

Current Game: FIFA 10
While I don't necessarily like the idea of co-op for Force Unleashed, I don't see why it would be bad to have it as an option. What I would really like would be a horde mode like in Gears of War and Halo, or a duel mode like in Revenge of the Sith.

Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody the power, the other to crave it.

Bane of the Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #59
Breaking Bad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane of the Sith View Post
While I don't necessarily like the idea of co-op for Force Unleashed, I don't see why it would be bad to have it as an option. What I would really like would be a horde mode like in Gears of War and Halo, or a duel mode like in Revenge of the Sith.
Same...

Old 06-24-2010, 09:12 PM   #60
Master-Kyle-Leeson09
Rookie

MP is about beating the hell out of other players over the internet right? Free-for-all and team-deathmatch, capture the flag, all those modes?

IMO, co-op will be two players fighting side-by-side to complete the SP missions--well, unless there are co-op only missions. Much remains to be seen, unless we can make the TFU2 team spill their guts here.

I'd love to see both.
Master-Kyle-Leeson09 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2010, 09:55 PM   #61
Kurgan
Headhunter

The "Episode III Revenge of the Sith" game (on multiple platforms) had Coop AND (1 vs 1) deathmatch in addition to the single player formula. Heck, even Star Wars: Obi-Wan had 1 vs 1 as an option.

In fact, The Force Unleashed may have been the first "Jedi" game, that lacked any multiplayer options (except on the Wii).

Old 06-24-2010, 10:02 PM   #62
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress

Current Game: Skyrim
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
The "Episode III Revenge of the Sith" game (on multiple platforms) had Coop AND (1 vs 1) deathmatch in addition to the single player formula. Heck, even Star Wars: Obi-Wan had 1 vs 1 as an option.
RotS is an underrated game in my opinion. Me and a couple friends still play MP from time to time...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > Co-op & Multiplayer ?