lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: TSL Restored Content Mod "FINAL" 1.5 version IS HERE!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-20-2010, 03:35 PM   #41
Christos K
Forumite

I am experiencing a weird bug that I think is related to this restoration mod.
I have spoken to Atris for the first time in the Telos Academy and after I am done taking with her I can not see any of the handmaidens anywhere. Not even the main "The Handmaiden" Brianna.
I can target them but when I try to talk to them the game crashes.
It is not a big deal as I can skip that part of the game without talking to the, its just nice to be able to do the dueling thing.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #42
DarthStoney
To bed. I'm old and tired

Contest winner - Modding Veteran Modder Helpful! 
See the first post in this thread,there is a link to a patch. Apparently there were a bunch of files left out of the install(one being a handsister model) and a couple of globals which were forgotten. The installer has been fixed and updated except for the missing globals so patch will still be needed for now.
DarthStoney is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #43
Christos K
Forumite

Thanks. Once again, great work. Just one question. Since there were a few files missing. There would not be anything I missed restored story wise before I encountered this bug?

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2010, 05:38 PM   #44
zbyl2

Contest winner - Modding Veteran Modder 
With all this missing files, you might indeed lose some restored content/fixes.
To be honest, I'd suggest to redownload installer (from deadlystream, filefront still has "old" installer I think) and reinstall mod to get all files...
zbyl2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2010, 11:03 PM   #45
DarthStoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K View Post
Thanks. Once again, great work. Just one question. Since there were a few files missing. There would not be anything I missed restored story wise before I encountered this bug?
You should be fine, the missing files were for the handsister model(which you ran into already) the Disciple wouldn't be in the enclave(he would show up in Khoonda), the globals were for dantooine's khoonda battle(it wouldn't end properly) the rest were Onderon .mod files(not a whole lot added there) and 1 .mod file for the korriban tomb.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #46
ganoesparan06
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthStoney View Post
You should be fine, the missing files were for the handsister model(which you ran into already) the Disciple wouldn't be in the enclave(he would show up in Khoonda), the globals were for dantooine's khoonda battle(it wouldn't end properly) the rest were Onderon .mod files(not a whole lot added there) and 1 .mod file for the korriban tomb.

Just to let you know I did a reinstall and everything seems to be working fine now as far as I can tell.

Not sure why Nikko wasnt there previously.

The only "bugs" i have found so far was initially after getting Canerous aka Mandalore he wouldnt appear in the Ebon Hawk and T3 also mysteriously dissapeared from the Hawk when getting Canderous aka Mandalore.
Could still pick them from character screen tho. It was most odd.
They both appeared (or reappeared in T3s case) on the hawk once I had moved planet and left and reentered the ship.

Additionally I was wanting to ask about that. Is Mical aka the Disciple supposed to be missing from the Enclave sub level?
Where is he supposed to be? And can you even talk to him at all as a Male Exile?

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate." - Colonel Corazon Santiago, Spartan Battle Manual : SMAC
ganoesparan06 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2010, 11:05 PM   #47
DarthStoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganoesparan06 View Post

Additionally I was wanting to ask about that. Is Mical aka the Disciple supposed to be missing from the Enclave sub level?
Where is he supposed to be? And can you even talk to him at all as a Male Exile?
Yes he's supposed to be in the enclave but since(now male only)the Exile can find out where Vrook is through Kaevee,you could go back to Khoonda and Disciple would be there(leaving him in 2 places at once). His spawning was triggered by Vrook's status of being found. But if you went back to the Enclave Disciple would still be there. The change was made so Kaevee only lets the Male Exile know where Vrook is because you could skip the Disciple as a female exile so he wouldn't be recruited and that would probably mess up things later in the game if he wasn't recruited.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #48
ganoesparan06
Rookie

Is he supposed to be unable to talk to at all in Khoonda playing as ManExile?

Also the Republic General hologram persisted in my game after the cut scene of him contacting the Republic to tell them he had found you.

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate." - Colonel Corazon Santiago, Spartan Battle Manual : SMAC
Old 03-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #49
DarthStoney

Quote:
Is he supposed to be unable to talk to at all in Khoonda playing as ManExile?

Also the Republic General hologram persisted in my game after the cut scene of him contacting the Republic to tell them he had found you.
No ,a Male Exile can still talk to him,you just don't have too.
I'll have to add a more reliable destroy script for him I geuss.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #50
Phildevil

Hi Stoney, I'm unable to go on the DS forum, so I'll post this here. I'm currently unable to enter the dantooine enclave sub-level. When I get there, it begins to load, and then, at some point, the loading bar just stops and hang there. Moving the mouse, I can see the windows cursor whenever it hovers on the error window that pops under the game. Then, all I can do is close the game. Retried 3 times so far and got no alternate result. I think it might be linked to the fact I re-installed TSL RCM (the most recent one) on top of everything else. Any other idea at the top of your head?
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #51
ganoesparan06
Rookie

Quote:
No ,a Male Exile can still talk to him,you just don't have too.
I'll have to add a more reliable destroy script for him I geuss.
Right.

In that case im reporting that as a bug.

Mical doesnt talk to me. At all. He just sorta looks and me and the camera "resets" position.

No conversation.

EDIT:
Some more bugs.

In the Jekk Jekk Tarr Twilek Domo attacks you when the rest of the patrons do. Im sure this doesnt happen in Vanilla TSL. And I am not sure if this will break the quest he gives you (if you havent done it by the time the JJT quest kicks in).

Also there is a Sullustan in the first Gand section of the JJT who just stands there not talky not hostile.

EDIT2:

I would have posted this in the Deadly Stream forums but it appears to be down?

Last edited by ganoesparan06; 03-22-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:49 PM   #52
Darth Cryptic

Quote:
Right.
In the Jekk Jekk Tarr Twilek Domo attacks you when the rest of the patrons do. Im sure this doesnt happen in Vanilla TSL. And I am not sure if this will break the quest he gives you (if you havent done it by the time the JJT quest kicks in).

Also there is a Sullustan in the first Gand section of the JJT who just stands there not talky not hostile.
Domo does that in the vanilla game as well, and no it doesn't break the quest.
The Sullustan is supposed to do that when the fight is on. If you talk to him before the JJT bit is triggered he gives you a side quest.

The power of the Sith is to hide in plain sight, to corrupt unnoticed.
How the frak do you expect to go unnoticed with Sith tattoo all over your face?
~Darth Cryptic~
Darth Cryptic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #53
ganoesparan06
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cryptic View Post
Domo does that in the vanilla game as well, and no it doesn't break the quest.
The Sullustan is supposed to do that when the fight is on. If you talk to him before the JJT bit is triggered he gives you a side quest.
Will he still be there after to get the quest?

The JJT quest fired before I was ready.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #54
ajlbibak
Rookie

Current Game: X-Com: Terror from the deep
I've been trying to download the Patcher version for a few days now, but all I get is ''Sorry! You have exceeded your daily allowed download amount.''

WTF
ajlbibak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #55
Darth Cryptic

-frowns a little, cause I rarely talk to Domo- Domo doesn't give you a quest so killing him does nothing. He references a quest which you trigger by going to the other cantina where Aton deals with the Suns.

And no, once the JJT is triggered, you can't go back in.

~Darth Cryptic~
Old 03-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #56
ganoesparan06
Rookie

Quote:
-frowns a little, cause I rarely talk to Domo- Domo doesn't give you a quest so killing him does nothing. He references a quest which you trigger by going to the other cantina where Aton deals with the Suns.

And no, once the JJT is triggered, you can't go back in.

Actually he does.

He gives you the Find a Dancer for Vogga sidequest. Visas point blank refuses. "No. Find another way."

EDIT:
Got Mira now and after the JJT and Yacht quests I have discovered for some reason she isnt displaying her name. In any of the screens. She is acting as normal tho. And she has her name in KSE.

EDIT2:
I stand corrected. A save and reload fixed the above Mira bug. Weird.

Last edited by ganoesparan06; 03-23-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #57
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Amazing work, guys! I just downloaded it a moment ago. Can't wait to play it!

So now that USM is compatible, is an M4-78 compatibility patch next on the list? Because that's a big one, too. I'm also hoping for a patch for Shem's Handmaiden Choice For Females mod, but I'll be content with M4-78.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #58
n00b Saibot
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlbibak View Post
I've been trying to download the Patcher version for a few days now, but all I get is ''Sorry! You have exceeded your daily allowed download amount.''

WTF
Yeah, Stream's site makes you register to be able to d/l mods. At least it did that same thing to me until I registered and logged in, then I had no trouble downloading.

For the reason why you'd have to ask DarthStoney or one of the DStream people...
n00b Saibot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #59
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
So now that USM is compatible, is an M4-78 compatibility patch next on the list? Because that's a big one, too.
Yes, that's being worked on. Could be a while, though, as it will be part of a completely new and improved M4-78 mod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram
I'm also hoping for a patch for Shem's Handmaiden Choice For Females mod, but I'll be content with M4-78.
That particular mod was by stoffe, not Shem.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #60
ganoesparan06
Rookie

I have a question.

At what point are the Handmaiden Sisters knocked unconcious by a light sided Brianna?

Im doing that battle right now and ive reloaded 16 times so far because they keep dying; or I keep dying.

One battle I got them all right down to a miniscule amount of HP and, no automatic stunning happening.

Is this maybe a bug im encountering? or am i doing something wrong?

EDIT:
I finally got annoyed enough to just kill them all. And nothing. Nothings happened at all. No cut scene or anything. I still have control and can run about the Academy but cant leave.

Last edited by ganoesparan06; 03-23-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #61
DarthStoney

Quote:
I have a question.

At what point are the Handmaiden Sisters knocked unconcious by a light sided Brianna?

Im doing that battle right now and ive reloaded 16 times so far because they keep dying; or I keep dying.

One battle I got them all right down to a miniscule amount of HP and, no automatic stunning happening.

Is this maybe a bug im encountering? or am i doing something wrong?

EDIT:
I finally got annoyed enough to just kill them all. And nothing. Nothings happened at all. No cut scene or anything. I still have control and can run about the Academy but cant leave.
Are you using any mods? Handmaiden choice for females? there is another mod that effects the handsister.utc files also that can cause this problem. Though I can't think of it at the moment. See if there are any files within your override folder like p_handmaiden001.utc the number can be from 001 to 014. If they are there remove them they are causing a problem.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:51 AM   #62
ganoesparan06
Rookie

Quote:
Are you using any mods? Handmaiden choice for females? there is another mod that effects the handsister.utc files also that can cause this problem. Though I can't think of it at the moment. See if there are any files within your override folder like p_handmaiden001.utc the number can be from 001 to 014. If they are there remove them they are causing a problem.

No like i said. The only mod ive got on is this aside from a few texture mods.
The only thing I can think of is the one that gives Handmaiden a different outfit from her sisters.

EDIT:
So I have taken out those utc files. Still nothing.

Last edited by ganoesparan06; 03-24-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:18 AM   #63
Darth Cryptic

Quote:
The only thing I can think of is the one that gives Handmaiden a different outfit from her sisters.
That would be the one that causes the issues. You need to remove one of the files that it puts in, but for the life of me I can't remember which one.

~Darth Cryptic~
Old 03-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #64
Phildevil

If it modifies the appearance.2da, game may be screwd and need complete re-install to be indeed bug-free.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #65
DarthStoney

Quote:

EDIT:
So I have taken out those utc files. Still nothing.
You also will have to back up to a save before entering the academy that time because once the module has loaded with those .utc's it doesn't matter if you remove them from the override the save keeps the ones previously loaded.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #66
ganoesparan06
Rookie

Yeh. I have had to do another reinstall. Minus Handmaiden Look.

*le sigh*

Thanks anyway guys.

Ill keep a look out for bugs on my 3rd attempt at a playthru lol.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #67
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

Quote:
He gives you the Find a Dancer for Vogga sidequest. Visas point blank refuses. "No. Find another way."
That's not in the Jekk'Jekk Tar.
Hassat Hunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2010, 10:57 PM   #68
Darth Cryptic

Thank you Hunter, that was what i was trying to explain to him.

~Darth Cryptic~
Old 03-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #69
Darth Cryptic

-snickers- Had an amusing bug crop up, not sure if it's a RCM or just related to the undies mod, but the Polar crash knocked Bao down to his skives. Screen capture to come.

~Darth Cryptic~
Old 03-25-2010, 12:17 PM   #70
Phildevil

I also encountered that one.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #71
ganoesparan06
Rookie

Quote:
Thank you Hunter, that was what i was trying to explain to him.

You dont understand what I meant do you.

Twilek Domo gives you a quest in the cantina - and later you find that SAME CHARACTER in the JJT. He goes hostile and tries to kill you with the rest.

I was slightly concerned that if you killed him it might break resolving that quest. As at the time I was at the "got the quest but not brought the dancing girl to him" bit.
But thankfully but weirdly the copy of Twilek Domo remains in the cantina even if you kill him in the JJT.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:15 PM   #72
Darth Cryptic

Just go to the other cantina and look around.

~Darth Cryptic~
Old 03-25-2010, 03:26 PM   #73
n00b Saibot
Rookie

DeadlyStream site down for the last 2 days for anybody else?? Kinda hard to d/l patches when I can't get to the server...

Any of you DS members/moderators know if it's temporary or is that site now dead as PCGM?
Old 03-25-2010, 03:37 PM   #74
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

Quote:
Twilek Domo gives you a quest in the cantina - and later you find that SAME CHARACTER in the JJT. He goes hostile and tries to kill you with the rest.
No, he doesn't. Those are 2 different Twi'leks.
Just visit the JJT before even going to the cantina, said Twi'lek is there already.

As for the DeadlyStream site, it does that (sadly enough). It'll be back.
Hassat Hunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2010, 07:30 PM   #75
DarthStoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b Saibot View Post
DeadlyStream site down for the last 2 days for anybody else?? Kinda hard to d/l patches when I can't get to the server...

Any of you DS members/moderators know if it's temporary or is that site now dead as PCGM?
No we don't know what's going on, but the patch is now up at filefront along with the USM_compatibility patch. Also there may be a couple of more mirror sites it will be uploaded to soon.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:23 PM   #76
n00b Saibot
Rookie

Quote:
No we don't know what's going on, but the patch is now up at filefront along with the USM_compatibility patch. Also there may be a couple of more mirror sites it will be uploaded to soon.
Thanks, DarthStoney (and Hassat Hunter)! I guess I shoulda thought to check filefront...

Hope DeadlyStream isn't gone too long! I just discovered it and found people there very knowledgeable and helpful.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:51 PM   #77
Phildevil

Well, mostly all of them comes here as well
Old 03-25-2010, 11:01 PM   #78
Master_ Tyvokka
Rookie

Mirrors are up, Darth Stoney will update the first post soon but for now one link is my sig below.

Master_ Tyvokka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2010, 11:21 PM   #79
DarthStoney

Links have been added in first post, thanks Master_Tyvokka.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:27 PM   #80
Master_ Tyvokka
Rookie

Quote:
Links have been added in first post, thanks Master_Tyvokka.
No problem always glad to help

Master_ Tyvokka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > TSL Restored Content Mod "FINAL" 1.5 version IS HERE!