Thread: Biographies
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-26-2010, 10:08 AM   #1
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Biographies

There's a new section of the holonet up on SWTOR.com titled "Biographies".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTOR.com
Curious about some of the characters you’ve seen in Threat of Peace™, the Developer Walkthrough, or the “Deceived” cinematic trailer? Now you can find out all about them!

We are thrilled to introduce a new expansion to our HoloNet archives: Biographies! Now you can view profiles of several of the galaxy’s most notable figures. Each entry highlights someone you may meet, travel with, or fight alongside or against as you help determine the future of the galaxy in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Just like the Classes, Planets, and Timelines sections, the Biographies archives will be expanded regularly, so check back often to make sure you get the latest updates!
I'm really excited for this - especially learning about some of the characters from the Deceived Trailer that I've been wondering about.

You can check it out yourself here.

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I just read through the available biographies - there are only 3 right now - and found Satele's to be particularly interesting. Avoid the following if you'd like to read it for yourself.

Show spoiler

Old 03-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #3
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
very Cool stuff

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #4
Fredi
El Guapo

This is great.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #5
RogueJedi86

Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
I think I translated the biography pages' aurebesh well enough.

Satele's says:
Show spoiler

Nem'ro's says:
Show spoiler

Kilran's says:
Show spoiler

Make of all those what you will.

"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #6
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

That's awesome - I hadn't even noticed the aurebesh at first. What does the top line say? Maybe it's my monitor here at work, but all I could make out is "Welcome to the h..." (this was on Satele's bio page, although it might be the same on the others too). Obviously the hints you found on Satele's page offer lots of intriguing story options.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
RogueJedi86

10 year veteran! 
The top line says "Welcome to the Holonet". It says that on the planet and class pages too, no worries there.

*edit*
I'll admit some of them may have typos. Nem'ro's line about Rattataki Body guards is down the middle, and the grid gets in the way, at least of the first few letters. Same for Kilran's bit about "Chasing the General". The rest of it should be accurate though.

"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
Old 03-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #8
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
Hm, Kilran (nothing says evil like having 'kill' in your name, right?) apparently loves wine and hates Togruta. Guess he doesn't like the Clone Wars cartoon either.

Also, these biographies confirm my suspicion that Satele is a descendant of Bastila's mom.

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #9
RogueJedi86

10 year veteran! 
Nem'ro's mentions the Black Sun as one of his enemies. I guess the Black Sun have been around forever. :P

Old 03-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #10
jrrtoken

Hey, wasn't the Jedi Order supposed to be reestablished on Telos, like how Kreia's prophecy foretold?

Oh, wait... I forgot.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #11
RogueJedi86

10 year veteran! 
We still have 3500 years to move to Telos. :P

Old 03-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #12
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I know a lot of people are interested in this kind of stuff, but really, it's just fluff. I hope by E3 we have significant details on how the different gameplay systems actually work.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #13
RogueJedi86

10 year veteran! 
But with TOR's story focus, the combat is just fluff to get you to the next part of the story. So there.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #14
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Haha, good point. I definitely am interested in the story, but no so much right now with a year or more till the game comes out. I'll be more interested in this type of thing as we get closer to release, which is probably when they will do the opposite of that and start telling us how the game actually works.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2010, 05:33 PM   #15
RogueJedi86

10 year veteran! 
We'll have years to dissect the gameplay into formulas after it comes out. It's best we take in the whole story while we can before the gameplay taints us. Plus the interesting lore between the lines in these bios, particularly on Satele's 2 distant ancestors.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #16
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I agree with Rogue. I pretty much only care about story right now.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #17
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Hey, wasn't the Jedi Order supposed to be reestablished on Telos, like how Kreia's prophecy foretold?
When did she say that?

EDIT: Why are we told about the leader of the Jedi Order, but nothing about the leader of the Sith Empire?

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2010, 09:49 PM   #18
jrrtoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
When did she say that?
It wasn't outright stated, but certainly implied at the end, particularly with Handmaiden carrying on the torch as a Jedi historian. Naturally, Telos would be a perfect place to rebuild the Order until it has become fully-functioning, and then it can move on to Coruscant.

Quote:
EDIT: Why are we told about the leader of the Jedi Order, but nothing about the leader of the Sith Empire?
BioWare is banking on a slam-dunk plot twist... that reveals the Emperor's true identity! How epic indeed!
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #19
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
It wasn't outright stated, but certainly implied at the end, particularly with Handmaiden carrying on the torch as a Jedi historian. Naturally, Telos would be a perfect place to rebuild the Order until it has become fully-functioning, and then it can move on to Coruscant.
Then in other words, no, Kreia did not predict any such thing.

Quote:
BioWare is banking on a slam-dunk plot twist... that reveals the Emperor's true identity! How epic indeed!
More likely they can't think of any way to make him interesting and are going to avoid the issue indefinitely.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > News > Republic Holonet > Biographies