lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Anyone try modding ME2 yet?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Anyone try modding ME2 yet?

Was looking around right before posting this and found the following:

http://www.masseffectsaves.com/mods.php

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mas...aks_and_Cheats

Anyone play any their games w/more than just the "vanilla" OOTB/DLC content?

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
Anyone play any their games w/more than just the "vanilla" OOTB/DLC content?
The only things I've done on the ME2 modding front so far is to make the Normandy crew uniform wearable as an armor on away missions since I liked its looks better than the N7 combat hardsuit (and since most of your party aren't wearing combat suits and still do fine it's not that much of a stretch either).

That, and some cheat keys to acquire certain weapons early (since they're more fun to play with than what you start out with, and you'd get them from the start anyway if importing a previous save) and speeding up shield recharge a bit.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
Liverandbacon
I'm only worth a piano?

Forum Veteran LF Jester Folder extraordinaire 
I've done some of the stuff Stoffe's done, but also tinkered with the max probe bay and fuel tank size. Sure, it makes the upgrades for both useless, but it removes a major headache of flying back and forth to fuel depots all the time.

Also, I changed the speed at which you can move the cursor and turn the planet during scanning, turning a wrist-injuring tedious minigame into a slightly more humane, albeit still tedious minigame. I can barely imagine playing the game with scanning at vanilla settings.

Unfortunately, it's rather limited in what we can do, since most of the game is locked up tight, and we can only really mess with the coalesced.ini . Luckily, there's a bunch of stuff in there. Who knows, perhaps people have discovered some more things you can change in there, since when I was modding and playing the game, it was still extremely new.

--Too Dumb to Quit--
Liverandbacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
Darth333
Administraterror

I switched the N7 combat suit to the suit Jason is wearing for consistency purposes (Shepard is not Alliance anymore so it just didn't made sense).

I also permanently removed the scars from Shepard's face from the beginning of the game and added some shortcut keys to get minerals when needed (the whole planet scanning thing was a total boring waste of time).
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #5
True_Avery
Banned

I'd be interested in how to permanently keep scars on my Shepard's face. Maybe in the third stage or so.

And yes, I'm one of the few who loves the scars.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #6
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
I thought you had to opt to get rid of them, not opt to keep them. Besides, wasting resources on the med bay for cosmetic improvements seems like such a waste when Shep has other priorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D333
..added some shortcut keys to get minerals when needed
How exactly did you manage that (ie how did you edit the coalesced file)? Tried editing in binding options and can't get them to keep (though have been more successful w/other changes).

@Liver--if you haven't gone D3's route and found a way to bind resource keys, you can alter the following lines in the config file:

[SFXGame.BioPlanet] (lines 4791-95)
PlacedMineralsPool=25000 to 99999
ScanBarMaxMineralSize=1500 to 9999
EezoMineralsBase=1500 to 9999
RandomMineralsBase=350 to 999

at least you'll be able to scan fewer planets faster.

Also, if you bring over from ME, remember to change size of bonuses, really helps in beginning. Change numbers to your liking:

[SFXGameContent.SFXSeqAct_NewGameBonuses] (5071-79)
ME1ImportBonuses=(BonusMinLevel=1,BonusMaxLevel=49 ,XPBonus=1000,CreditsBonus=20000,ResourceBonus=250 0)
ME1ImportBonuses=(BonusMinLevel=50,BonusMaxLevel=5 9,XPBonus=2000,CreditsBonus=30000,ResourceBonus=50 00)
ME1ImportBonuses=(BonusMinLevel=60,BonusMaxLevel=6 0,XPBonus=4000,CreditsBonus=50000,ResourceBonus=10 000)
ME1_RichAchievementCreditBonus=100000
ME1_ParagonRenegadeMaxBonus=190
SecondPlaythrough_CreditsBonus=200000
SecondPlaythrough_ResourceBonus=50000
SecondPlaythrough_AchievementEnumID=ACHIEVEMENT_24 _COMPLETE

Only other thing in general. If you hate having to look for ammo clips or run out at inopportune times, edit the weapons section near the end of ME2's config file. Many of the guns have a line bInfiniteAmmo=?? When you change from false to true remember to add a space after the "e" before saving (something to do w/palcement..... if the option is 5 spaces and you only type in 4, ie false vs true, the file won't read it and the game won't start. At least that has been my experience thus far on that issue).

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

Old 04-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post

How exactly did you manage that (ie how did you edit the coalesced file)? Tried editing in binding options and can't get them to keep (though have been more successful w/other changes).

@Liver--if you haven't gone D3's route and found a way to bind resource keys, you can alter the following lines in the config file:
I did edit the coalesced file in the following way ( the [...] they are just there for reference purposes, the additions are in bold):

Quote:
[SFXGame.SFXGameModeDefault]
[...]
Bindings=( Name="F9", Command="PC_QuickLoad" )
Bindings=( Name="LeftShift", Command="PC_EnterCommandMenu" )
[...]
Bindings=( Name="NumPadTwo", Command="initcredits 500000" )
Bindings=( Name="NumPadThree", Command="initpalladium 60000" )
Bindings=( Name="NumPadFour", Command="initplatinum 60000" )
Bindings=( Name="NumPadFive", Command="initiridium 60000" )
Bindings=( Name="NumPadSix", Command="initeezo 5000" )
Then use the corresponding keys on the numpad keyboard (make sure it's on too or it won't work ). You can change the amounts of minerals and the keys to whatever you want.
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #8
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Thanks. Did find that at least one of the mods had key bindings in it and checked to see how they got it to work. I guess I must have typed it in wrong somehow b/c it didn't originally work for me. Since the modded file had other changes, I incorporated a few changes of my own to it (including upping the #s to 900K.....that damn probe deal just ate up too much time and there never seemed to be enough money for the things you need.....not to mention how much I hated the circuit-breaker--ie pin--mini game, as my cursor was all over the place on it).

Old 04-03-2010, 02:18 AM   #9
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
If someone can forge a mod that will allow my femshep to romance Dr Chakwas, that's all I need to make the game perfect

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Anyone try modding ME2 yet?