lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: TFU 2 more of an RPG?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
Darth Eclipse
Junior Member
 
Darth Eclipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 332
Current Game: Crysis 2,Dead Space2
TFU 2 more of an RPG?

Would you guys want TFU 2 to have a deeper RPG type of experience? Something closer to KotoR than TFU 1.


Darth Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk
 
SW01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Ireland, UK
Posts: 1,075
Current Game: Real Life
Yes.

That's what I wanted with the first one. But somehow I doubt it'll happen.


SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
SithJedi1
Lurker
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 8
It needs more rpg elements but not too much.. We already have Kotor, why can't tfu just be tfu? I think too much rpg takes the magic out of the story.. Starkiller is a complex dude, now just imagine if all the players around the world have a different complex dude, that's just confusing. I want to see his personality claimed, wellwritten and not rushed and overmystical like the first one. Allthough the powers and saber moves can have some more RPG in them.. Somehow, the force wasn't totally unleashed for me the way I thought it'd be, I missed some powers and upgrades which I seriously hope they fix because this franchise has the possibility to grab a timeless fanbase like some other games LA has made before..
SithJedi1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,163
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Eclipse View Post
Would you guys want TFU 2 to have a deeper RPG type of experience? Something closer to KotoR than TFU 1.
No. Because TFU is not meant to be a RPG.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,349
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I wouldn't want it to degenerate into JA in terms of main character blandness.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
LordOfTheFish
Senior Member
 
LordOfTheFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,724
Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
No. I'd prefer it to be similiar to the original game. I don't think the story is deep enough anyway.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
Jeff
Rating: Awesome
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 8,431
Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Increased customization is always nice, but I definitely want the game to have action gameplay similar to the first one, except more fun.


Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2010, 12:03 AM   #8
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,902
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Changing the game style would ruin it because you're taking away what attracted people to the game in the first place. Basically you still want to target the same audience.

Look what happened to the KOTOR series. This TOR game I think will ruin it because it went from RP to MMO and thus it is turning off a lot of its fan base because of it.


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2010, 04:32 AM   #9
Skamatized
Lurker
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA, VA
Posts: 3
Current Game: Mass Effect 2
I disagree about the TOR comment because its not entirely a sequel to KOTOR but I get your point. If anything I think it will broaden it scope (unless it sucks which I do not think it will.) I think TFU 2 should stay an action game, but I do not want to have my enemies scale with me to make me feel like I am always at the same level as them (darn elite storm troopers.)
Skamatized is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2010, 09:28 AM   #10
LordOfTheFish
Senior Member
 
LordOfTheFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,724
Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
Changing the game style would ruin it because you're taking away what attracted people to the game in the first place. Basically you still want to target the same audience.

Look what happened to the KOTOR series. This TOR game I think will ruin it because it went from RP to MMO and thus it is turning off a lot of its fan base because of it.
Agreed, doing otherwise would complete sabotage to the series.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #11
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,163
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
Look what happened to the KOTOR series. This TOR game I think will ruin it because it went from RP to MMO and thus it is turning off a lot of its fan base because of it.
Wrong example. A game can be a MMO and still be a RPG. As TOR is.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2010, 03:03 PM   #12
Darth Eclipse
Junior Member
 
Darth Eclipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 332
Current Game: Crysis 2,Dead Space2
I guess I agree that I don't want it to be too much of an RPG. But I think that there should be more force powers that you can choose whether or not to unlock.


Darth Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #13
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,902
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Wrong example. A game can be a MMO and still be a RPG. As TOR is.
Not that I want to turn this into a TOR discussion, but lets face it. Lots of people (including me) have been turned off by TOR because of what it has done to the KOTOR series. Purist (like myself) hate the changes. That's the point of not changing the game style for TFU. Lots of people who were attracted to the game will be turned off of it. That's all you should have gotten from me making the TOR example. I never said that there would others out there who would not like the change.


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #14
DarthSlinky
Rookie
 
DarthSlinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 97
Current Game: Starcraft II
If they were going to make an RPG the would just make KOTOR III


Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.
DarthSlinky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2010, 06:46 AM   #15
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,163
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
Not that I want to turn this into a TOR discussion, but lets face it. Lots of people (including me) have been turned off by TOR because of what it has done to the KOTOR series. Purist (like myself) hate the changes. That's the point of not changing the game style for TFU. Lots of people who were attracted to the game will be turned off of it. That's all you should have gotten from me making the TOR example. I never said that there would others out there who would not like the change.
I understand your point, but it's still the wrong example. TOR is still a RPG. It's not like changing a game like Jedi Knight, TFU, or Battlefront to RPG. These imply a complete change of gameplay, among other things. What differs TOR from KotOR III is being a MMO and a having to pay monthly fee. It's not a complete change of game style.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #16
Zwier Zak
Junior Member
 
Zwier Zak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Poland
Posts: 254
I'd like to see more content in it but nor really make it an rpg. It's more of a slasher and I'd rather see them focus on making that as goo as they can.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #17
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
I'd actually want it to look more like, you know, an action game?

Because, the way TFU is now (haven't bothered with any addons; screw graphical fireworks and no gameplay chages whatsoever) it's either an overdeveloped DMM tech display, a rather weak Euphoria showcase or just unsucessful at the game's proposition. Anyway, I think my time to complain about it is long gone now.

Not to stretch it too far and suggest devs turn it into something light years more complicated than what we understand as "TFU", maybe shaping it after the God of War series wouldn't be bad, gameplay-wise. It's simple, efficient and - would you look at that - fun.


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2010, 07:53 AM   #18
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader
 
HockeyGoalie35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Connecticut, U.S.A.
Posts: 553
Current Game: DJ Starscream
Veteran Modder Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
well, i would want an RPG, but KOTOR had a lot more complicated storyline (they even had a comic book about it). I don't think that TFU2 will have enough of a story with good and bad outcomes......just what i think




Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoalie35 View Post
I wish I had some Combustable Lemons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =purifier View Post
Granted, but you accidently get blown up with that lemony smell and the
Pine-Sol woman appears out of nowhere and says: "That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby. "
HockeyGoalie35 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > TFU 2 more of an RPG?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.