lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: K1 - Republic Camouflage Armors
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-31-2010, 11:19 PM   #41
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
While I kinda like the robe replacement, I honestly don't know how I would fill the gap with the Revan robes gone, if you know what I mean. I'm still pretty sure I'm just going to go and replace the combat suit. After Taris, they're pretty much worthless anyway and I'm sure there are a lot of people (myself not included) that skip Taris anyway.

My only worry about this would be random NPC's that might be equipped with combat suits will be wearing Republic armor but I really have no idea. I guess I could edit the .utc's. Also I suppose that random vendors will have some of the items for sale. Even though that makes no sense, I like the idea that they will be automatically implemented into the game.

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #42
R2-X2

Current Game: KotOR again. F*** yeah.
Finally something new (or I haven't seen if already existing), Camos for the common Republic soldiers! But maybe you could do your screens on some place that isn't that dark, for example my favourite place for brighter screenies is the "bridge" in the Black Rakatas' "Base".

Beep.
R2-X2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2010, 04:23 PM   #43
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: Destiny, Dragon Age:Inquisit
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Drexl View Post
The problem is that a republic armor item can't be made (as far as anyone seems to know) without replacing another model, so I am just going to go ahead and do that.

Now, I just need to hear people's opinions on what I should replace. I was thinking either the combat suit or heavy combat suit which are what I use the least. However, I want to know if there are any unused models in K1 like the armored flight suits (or something like that) in TSL. Thanks.
yeah, that's the reason why when I made my own Republic uniforms, I made the skins to fit the combat suit model. That way, I didn't have to replace anything, I only added them as extras. Perhaps you could do something similar? Like making NPCs wear the ones you've already completed, and making new textures to fit a wearable armour model?

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2010, 04:38 PM   #44
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
While that would make the most sense, I'm not skilled enough to do something like that yet . I think for now I will just replace the combat suit. I might have a v2 where I implement it in a better way or something.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #45
Liquidous Snake
Rookie

Current Game: Metal Gear Sold
I am not a fan of the helmet, but the armor is cool. Great job,
I will totally download this when it is ready.
Liquidous Snake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #46
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Yeah don't worry about that, the armor that is equippable won't have a helmet, but the soldiers on like the Endar Spire and Manaan that might have some of the armors will have them. Just showing it all with one shot
Thank you!

Edit: RedRob, checked out your combat suits... those are seriously cool. Maybe I can do that someday

Last edited by Dak Drexl; 06-04-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #47
Nick Vader

Current Game: Dead Rising 2
Quote:
Show spoiler
This is my favourite one so far. Excellent work Dak Drexl. Can't wait for a release

EDIT: One question though, are these going to be worn just by the Republic officers, or can the PC use them too?

Nick Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #48
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Well, the premise of the mod was to add them as wearable armors. Like I said earlier though, I'm most likely going to have to replace the combat suit model in order to make it work. Canderis has some ideas about how to avoid that though, so we (meaning him ) are working on that.
Republic officers right now just wear an updated version of the original republic armors that I don't have a picture of. I think I'm going to have SOME of them wear the camo ones, like Urban on Endar Spire/ Manaan and Water on Manaan.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #49
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
The BETA is just about done, and due to my lack of skill/game limits there will be a few problems:

-Random people, such as some hidden beks (I found them in a quick run-through in the beginning of the game) will be wearing republic armor. Too bad...
-There will be no combat suits except for females (I have not done females yet). They will not be able to use republic armors.
-Weird people may be selling republic armors. This is because they were selling combat suits at first.
-Republic Soldiers will not be equipped with the new camo armors, just an updated version of the original armors. This is because of the lack of .2da entries... the same soldier is just used over and over again so they would all be wearing the same one. Why not just go original? I know it's possible to fix this (like in the awesome clone armor mod) so if anyone knows how it would be so helpful!

Old 06-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #50
N-5/Prudii
Rookie

Current Game: New Vegas
Quote:
I know it's possible to fix this (like in the awesome clone armor mod) so if anyone knows how it would be so helpful!
Open up the rims for Manaan, find the soldiers you want to change, and change their appearance.

Show spoiler
N-5/Prudii is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #51
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Well I will do that eventually. Right now I have a new WIP that I know everyone will love, so I am putting my other personal projects on hold while I do this. However, as a little treat for people that have been following this (all six of them ), I have uploaded a BETA here. Is has all the problems I mentioned before and the armors do not have new icons, but you can still look snazzy in these new armors. They are all upgradeable and have their own stats and descriptions and what not. Well, enough of my ranting, just download it if you want!

Old 06-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #52
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: Destiny, Dragon Age:Inquisit
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I just checked 'em out, and they're looking pretty good. I think the most believable one is the blue one (04), because the camo areas still look like they would feel clothlike if I touched them. The brightest blue areas even look kinda like velvet.

Some of the others look a little soft, or blurry (especially around the cloth folds & edges of detail). Did you work with a smaller tga and scale them up?

The next best one is the red non-camo (01), since it is still crisp and well defined. The red is a nice improvement, and the logo on the shoulder works really well.

I hope you can figure out how to fix your bugs, because this will make out to be a great mod if you can. If you use the TSLPatcher, you can add new lines to the appearance.2da, and it can also edit new .utc files so that they use the new 2da lines. It does come with a good read-me manual.

Good Luck

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2010, 10:29 PM   #53
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
Some of the others look a little soft, or blurry (especially around the cloth folds & edges of detail). Did you work with a smaller tga and scale them up?
Actually yeah, I didn't realize that I wasn't using the highest res textures until I was more than halfway through

Thanks for the positive feedback though. Once I figure out my other mod (and I hopefully do) then I will surely come back to this. Another alternative would be to make it for TSL, but I don't think that would fit in as well.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #54
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
Quote:
Thanks SimonK. I'm bound to get photoshop one of these days xp. I'll keep the tip in mind.

Finished the Black Ops armor... took a different approach here since it's supposed to be dark (obviously) and more camo pattern=lighter. I like how it turned out anyhow.

Show spoiler
Definatly Kick butt
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > K1 - Republic Camouflage Armors