lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Body Model Textures in GMax
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Body Model Textures in GMax

I do a lot of head editing in gmax, and when I import the ascii file I got from mdlops, it works fine with the head's texture which is in the same directory.

For some reason, when I do this with body models, I can never get the texture in - it's just white. This isn't that big a deal, it's just a bit harder to see what I'm doing. Is there another way I'm supposed to import body models rather than what I do for heads?

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: Destiny, Dragon Age:Inquisit
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
You need to have the correct texture (there are usually several for each body model) in the directory. To figure out which one, just open the .txt file that is created by MDLOps (along with the ascii mdl). Inside that .txt file is the name of the texture that the model will use as a default, and sometimes a model will list more than one texture (so all of them would have to be in the same directory when using max).

You could also drag and drop a texture onto the mesh in gmax. It's good for looking at, but then you get multiple instances of it in the materials list.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Awesome, thanks for the quick response.

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Body Model Textures in GMax