lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Redemption of Yuthura Ban
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-09-2010, 12:01 AM   #1
jimbo32
Rookie

The Redemption of Yuthura Ban

Finally!

The Redemption of Yuthura Ban -
A Recruitable Companion Mod for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Download it @ Filefront here. Thanks to Darth InSidious for the very nice review!

Edit:
Version 1.1 is available at Filefront. No drastic changes, just a few modifications to some of the robe skins and the addition of a Yuthura skin for Seprithro's Jedi Battle Armour. Note: The download link for the armour mod itself can be found at the end of this post. Highly recommended.

---------------------------------------

I started this mod three years ago after seeing T7nowhere's Yuthura sabers, and it's been pretty much done for all of that time. I just couldn't be bothered tackling stoffe's TSLPatcher for the first time (yeah, I'm lazy ).

About a month ago, I decided to polish it up and get it out the door. I went through a few more play-throughs just to make sure it was bug-free, and centenar was nice enough to playtest it for me. Thanks to him, a few more glitches and oversights were fixed.

Thanks again to T7nowhere for allowing his amazing saber models to be included. The originals can be found in his Weapons of the Old Republic mod, which is highly recommended.

New items included:

Yuthura's Resilience (Jedi lightsaber, violet blade)
Yuthura's Redemption (Former Sith lightsaber, reset with a green crystal)
Yuthura's Redemption Robes (uniquely skinned and upgradeable robes)
Yuthura's Gift (uniquely skinned robes for the PC. Also included is an alternate skin for use with PRIME and Xavier2's KOTOR Jedi Robe Model.)

Screenshots:

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Readme:

Show spoiler

Edit 12May2011:

New version (1.1) of the mod pending at Filefront. I added the updated skin for "Yuthura's Gift" as well as the Yuthura skin for "Seprithro's Jedi Battle Armor". I'll update the links above whenever the upload goes through.

Screenies:

Minor changes to "Yuthura's Gift". I wasn't particularly happy with the colour depth on the original, and I also changed the metal buckles to gold with a bit of an alpha channel.

Show spoiler

Seprithro's Jedi Battle Armor is one of his first mods, and can be hard to find. It's well worth the download though. Find it here.

For those who haven't seen it, here's a screenshot from starwarsknights.com:

Clicky!

Last edited by jimbo32; 01-13-2012 at 11:14 AM.
jimbo32 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2010, 12:30 AM   #2
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Wow it looks really good! I've always entertained the idea of making Yuthura a party member

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
Lord Dagron
Rookie

Current Game: TFU , TFU2
Makes me want to reinstall k1

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering." Yoda
" You don't know the true nature of the force , I must obey my master" Darth Vader
" And now young Jedi, you will die" The Emperor

Formerly Known As Darth Riddick
Lord Dagron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
Nick Vader

Current Game: Dead Rising 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dagron View Post
Makes me want to reinstall k1
Totally worth it...

Nice reskins, good idea, descriptive readme and cool screenshots... What else is there to say ? Well done...

Nick Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
jedi7000nathan

Current Game: Kotors 1 and 2
finally 10/10 on rating i hope this makes one of the mods of years I am glad about this.

DOMO ARIGOTO MR. ROBOTO
GRUNDO KING
LEADER OF THE GALACTIC FEDERATION
#1 YLANA SKYFIRE FAN

AZULA IS SEXY
jedi7000nathan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2010, 01:22 PM   #6
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Wow this looks really nice! Makes me wanna play K1 again

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2010, 07:10 AM   #7
Onmi
Lurker

Hey Jimbo... far be it from a moron like me to question you but if you made the recruitment mod so that it's set before the redemption conversations, and then you made that her in-party chat and the ability to turn her either good or evil is the end of her 'quest' I dunno would that be possible? It might give her the same feeling the other party members have.
Onmi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #8
jimbo32
Rookie

Well, here's the thing (I'm fairly sure everyone reading this has played through the game, but you never know ):

Show spoiler

Essentially, making her LS-only was a choice that I felt was in keeping with the existing game content.

Show spoiler
If it were done like that, she'd retain her DS appearance, and she'd come with her original T7 sabers rather than the reskinned green one. Maybe I'll add that option if and when I update the mod.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:07 AM   #9
salam263
Rookie

Current Game: kotor, tsl
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo32 View Post
Well, here's the thing (I'm fairly sure everyone reading this has played through the game, but you never know ):

Show spoiler

Essentially, making her LS-only was a choice that I felt was in keeping with the existing game content.

Show spoiler
If it were done like that, she'd retain her DS appearance, and she'd come with her original T7 sabers rather than the reskinned green one. Maybe I'll add that option if and when I update the mod.
if you'd do that, i'd totally install this mod Is it compatible with the yavin mod?
salam263 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2011, 05:29 AM   #10
Shaggoth

there must be a ds version of that mod, pleeeaaase!
or at least, maybe you can teach us how to do it? :}
oooor.... is there some cheat way to get her as companion?
i've played all korriban thru and at the end i've realised that i can't get her
that's just killing me, man :S btw i use yuthura to talon reskin, as the "dark" yuthura appearance, soooo... i guess it'll be awesome to have some "corruption of yuthura" you can tell her that nowadays sith's are lame and malak is weak so you should remove this pathetic "sith threat", and yuthura can be part of the new order, on the side of true strenght
i'm not some kickass moder but i can help you as much as possible, or someone can guide me and i'll try to do it all alone.

so?

[ about.me ]
Shaggoth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #11
Shaggoth

allright, give me permission to modify this, at least

[ about.me ]
Old 04-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #12
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
Sweetness!
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2011, 05:11 AM   #13
Shaggoth

i guess i'll try to merge this one with "yuthura to darth talon conversion". at first for personal use (cause i'm reeeeeeeeaaaly doubt i can make this to final stage), but if everything goes well, i'll be asking for permissions.

EVERYONE WHO ARE SURE IN HIS OR HER SKILLS AND INTERESTED, are welcome to do it before me! i'm kinda noob at that, all i did is some simple reskins.

[ about.me ]
Old 04-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #14
Latios6222
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor 1
I downloaded this mod recently and i think it is great other than there are some errors i have found. One of them is when she talks at certain times there is no voice. Also when you beat the game, sometimes it will turn her into wearing the Star Forge Robes. But shes better than juhani for sure. I especially like her lightsabers. I was wondering if a romance was included for her at all. Thanks.
Latios6222 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #15
jimbo32
Rookie

@Latios6222:
Yeah, if she's speaking what are normally Juhani's lines, there won't be any VO. It's not a bug or an error - I chose not to add new voiceover for a few reasons:
1.) I don't know the voice actress personally
2.) I'm male, and couldn't be arsed trying to find a female who's a decent actress and willing to work on a mod for an 8 year-old game for free.
3.) Using a different voice would be (imo) a little jarring.

As far as the robe thing goes, I've never seen that before. I assume you mean in the cutscene at the temple?

@Shaggoth:
I haven't touched KotOR since finishing the mod, so it's unlikely that I'll revisit it just to add a DS recruit option. To be honest, I was on the fence about it anyway - the whole point is "redemption", not just "Yuthura replaces Juhani".

In order to add the option yourself, it would mostly be some minor scripting work, and maybe some DS reskinning if you were so inclined. A few changes to the post-fight dialogue ("Join me and we will overthrow Malak and rule the Galaxy together" or something equally Lucasian), and you're all set. All you'd need to do is add your recruit script to the end of that branch of the conversation.

As far as permissions go, I'd be ok with it if your mod was implemented as an add-on with a seamless install via TSLPatcher. As for bundling the whole thing together, I'd have to say no. What you're proposing is a fairly minor addition considering all the work that went into the original. Sorry.

If you wanted to do an add-on, you'd probably need to talk to T7nowhere about including his original Yuthura DS saber, since the green re-skin that I did wouldn't be appropriate for DS Yuthura. (I *think* he may have made his mods "public domain" (so to speak), but I'm not entirely sure.)

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide. Everything you need is here - tutorials and tools. What I'd do is start a new playthrough with "Redemption" installed and save a few times right before the fight with Uthar. Use the mod manager to quickly enable/disable your mod during testing.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #16
Shaggoth

hmmm... ok i'll read some topics and think thanks anyway

[ about.me ]
Old 09-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #17
kirk1994
Rookie

Current Game: kotor 1 and 2 ^.^
i cant get this mod to work i even deleted all my others to make sure nothing would be wrong. i put the mod in right when i got to korriban before i talked to yuthura but no matter how many times i do the light side she never comes with me. does the mod need to be put in before i get to korriban or before i talk to yuthura?

never mind about that last question i just did it over from the start with it in but it still doesn't work.

Last edited by jonathan7; 09-28-2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Merged Double Post -- j7
kirk1994 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #18
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1994 View Post
but no matter how many times i do the light side she never comes with me.
It's not a recruit mod, if you redeem her, she returns to the light, and you will see her at the Dantooine enclave before it's bombed (hint by the entrance you can use in TSL but is locked in K1).

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #19
kirk1994
Rookie

Current Game: kotor 1 and 2 ^.^
if thats true what about the part that says

About the Mod:

This is a recruitable companion mod for KotOR 1. It will allow you to replace Juhani with former Sith apprentice Yuthura Ban.
kirk1994 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #20
Shaggoth

it should be
btw i will not do the "dark" mod-of-the-mod, sadly i don't have so many time to learn how the hell should i do this and that :/

[ about.me ]
Old 10-01-2011, 08:02 PM   #21
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1994 View Post
if thats true what about the part that says

About the Mod:

This is a recruitable companion mod for KotOR 1. It will allow you to replace Juhani with former Sith apprentice Yuthura Ban.
Hehe... Will teach me for not reading which thread I was posting in... Was on auto-pilot... My apologies.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2011, 02:04 AM   #22
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
To the folks that have played this mod: Does Yuthura Ban at least speak her new lines using the female Twi'leki (or Rylothean or Ryl, if you prefer) voice lines in the standard game? At least there would something to listen to - even if it isn't the original voice actress. (One would assume that Yuthura would be able to speak Twi'leki . . . )

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #23
jimbo32
Rookie

@kirk1994: She doesn't come with you immediately after the fight on Korriban. You need to go back to Dantooine afterwards and speak with her there. As jonathan said, she's in the courtyard.

@Sith Holocron: No, other than a few lines that already had existing VO, she remains silent. It would've been easy enough to have her speaking Twi'leki, but I thought it'd be somewhat lame.

By the way, not sure what's going on at Filefront, but the new version of the mod which I uploaded in May never got posted.

Last edited by jimbo32; 10-02-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #24
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
@Sith Holocron: No, other than a few lines that already had existing VO, she remains silent. It would've been easy enough to have her speaking Twi'leki, but I thought it'd be somewhat lame.
If others agreed with me, would you reconsider?

Quote:
By the way, not sure what's going on at Filefront, but the new version of the mod which I uploaded in May never got posted.
Might I suggest Deadly Stream for your uploading needs?

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > The Redemption of Yuthura Ban