lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: NEWS ON JEDI KNIGHT 4 READ
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
Bean 88
Rookie

NEWS ON JEDI KNIGHT 4 READ

Hey

So I was browsing Bungie.Net and came across a Thread about a new Battlefront well, as it turns out I seems to be a leaked e3 2010 Lineup, there is a link here: http://battlefront3.net/wp-content/u.../05/list-2.jpg

This should be taken with a grain of salt but, if you scroll abit and zoom on the Lucasarts box, you can see Jedi Knight IIII. I personally dont think its legit. But one can hope!

Is Jedi Knight still alive? Time will tell...

Gamertag:Bean 88
Bean 88 is offline   you may:
Old 05-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
Bean 88
Rookie

Also, they misspelled alot of things I doubt this is legit.

Gamertag:Bean 88
Bean 88 is offline   you may:
Old 05-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean 88 View Post
This should be taken with a grain of salt but, if you scroll abit and zoom on the Lucasarts box, you can see Jedi Knight IIII.
You mean "Jedi Knight III", right? Anyway, let's wait for E3...

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may:
Old 05-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
Darth Eclipse

Current Game: Crysis 2,Dead Space2
I saw this earlier today. I refuse to get excited until LA actually announces it, though.

Darth Eclipse is offline   you may:
Old 05-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
katanamaru

Hope it is right, but I'll also wait for the announcement at E3.
katanamaru is offline   you may:
Old 05-09-2010, 11:14 PM   #6
Mercenary

It looks like it says Jedi Knight III on that piece of paper. To clear things up, Jedi Academy is not Jedi Knight III - it's Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Until LucasArts announces it I won't hold my breath.
Mercenary is offline   you may:
Old 05-10-2010, 07:11 AM   #7
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
It looks like it says Jedi Knight III on that piece of paper. To clear things up, Jedi Academy is not Jedi Knight III - it's Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.
Precisely. Jedi Academy is like a stand alone expansion.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:19 AM   #8
setlec
Rookie

it's a stand alone expansion actually... I hope that this is not fake i would be glad to see a new JK, i hope that they will employ IdTech 4 (with the Brink changes) or IdTech 5 (with opengl 3.x/4.0) and have native linux installers this time or else it would mean that they will totally disrespect us....
setlec is offline   you may:
Old 05-11-2010, 02:28 AM   #9
Ser'eck

Current Game: SWTOR
Looks fake to me but I would still like to see another Jedi Knight game!
Ser'eck is offline   you may:
Old 05-11-2010, 03:56 AM   #10
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by setlec View Post
it's a stand alone expansion actually... I hope that this is not fake i would be glad to see a new JK, i hope that they will employ IdTech 4 (with the Brink changes) or IdTech 5 (with opengl 3.x/4.0) and have native linux installers this time or else it would mean that they will totally disrespect us....
I'd be more surprised at non-server linux binaries than I would at a jkiii announcement.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may:
Old 05-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #11
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I don't want another Jedi Knight game to be made by people who don't know what the Roman Numeral for the number "4" is.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may:
Old 05-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #12
Tinny

I think they meant it to be 3 and not 4, since like people above have been saying, JA wasn't jk 3.

Redeemed!

An old school mod for jedi academy.
Tinny is offline   you may:
Old 05-12-2010, 01:41 AM   #13
setlec
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
I don't want another Jedi Knight game to be made by people who don't know what the Roman Numeral for the number "4" is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinny View Post
I think they meant it to be 3 and not 4, since like people above have been saying, JA wasn't jk 3.
errr, well from what i can see on that "picture" I do see written "STAR WARS JEDI KNIGHT III" and not IIII (which would be normally written as IV)!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:34 AM   #14
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

I don't think it will come with native Linux support. Just saying.
Not holding my breath, but it's more promising than what I've seen before, and it's totally possible.
-=*Raz0r*=- is offline   you may:
Old 05-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #15
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by setlec View Post
errr, well from what i can see on that "picture" I do see written "STAR WARS JEDI KNIGHT III" and not IIII (which would be normally written as IV)!
But it's not IV, it's III. There is no Jedi Knight III yet, so that would be the next game to be released. Why would they release Jedi Knight IV if they haven't released Jedi Knight III?

Old 05-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #16
nizwiz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
...Why would they release Jedi Knight IV if they haven't released Jedi Knight III?
They might have been inspired by Microsoft.

Last edited by nizwiz; 05-12-2010 at 05:00 PM.
nizwiz is offline   you may:
Old 05-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #17
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

I personally think it's a fake, but there's a small hope.

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may:
Old 05-13-2010, 02:31 AM   #18
setlec
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
But it's not IV, it's III. There is no Jedi Knight III yet, so that would be the next game to be released. Why would they release Jedi Knight IV if they haven't released Jedi Knight III?
Technically on Raven's website they call "Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy" But on the Box of JA there is no "3" written anywhere... But we could say that next JK would be the 4th of the series... In case they haven't yet decided on its title they could call JK IV....

@-=*Raz0r*=- : yeah, I know that a native linux port is very unlikely, but let me dream of it, please!
Old 05-13-2010, 02:45 AM   #19
acdcfanbill

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
pfft, I'm calling it Dark Forces V.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:30 AM   #20
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
IV as 4 is a modern interpolation; in the classical period, IIII was more normal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_numerals#IIII_and_IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdcfanbill View Post
pfft, I'm calling it Dark Forces V.
Too right.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may:
Old 05-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #21
XycaleTh
Rookie

A more credible source for the possible games to be shown at E3:
http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/108/1086456p1.html

No JK3 there...
XycaleTh is offline   you may:
Old 05-13-2010, 10:58 PM   #22
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
So maybe the focus will actually be on Kyle Katarn again unlike that academy game I tried to forget.

Blix is offline   you may:
Old 05-15-2010, 07:52 AM   #23
Downtime
Lurker

Current Game: Jedi Outcast
I really hope that it will be a JK again.

I simply cant understand why they dont make a new JK game.
Downtime is offline   you may:
Old 05-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #24
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Will wait to see what actually is shown... one hopes..... but one must be calm and remain within the moment.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may:
Old 05-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #25
Nedak
Beelzebozo

LucasCast Jingle Composer Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
One can only hope.
Nedak is offline   you may:
Old 05-28-2010, 05:48 AM   #26
Zwier Zak

I think it's fake as hell. But if there is hope
Zwier Zak is offline   you may:
Old 05-28-2010, 05:52 AM   #27
Zwier Zak

On the other hand if someone would just be jerking us around one would most probably write Jedi Knight IV, not III. Because this is the name most people use these days.

Also could someone check out other titles on that paper? Any thing unusual, fake looking about any of the other publishers?
Old 05-28-2010, 06:37 AM   #28
XycaleTh
Rookie

How about checking a more trustworthy source:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XycaleTh View Post
A more credible source for the possible games to be shown at E3:
http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/108/1086456p1.html

No JK3 there...
XycaleTh is offline   you may:
Old 05-28-2010, 07:12 AM   #29
Zwier Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by XycaleTh View Post
How about checking a more trustworthy source:
Well that's not really the way it works. If they would be announcing something new, you wouldn't know what it is until e3. Otherwise it wouldn't be a surprise. i agree though. 99% sure it's fake.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:34 PM   #30
Mercenary

Yeah, it would really surprise me if they made another Jedi Knight game at this time. It seems like The Force Unleashed is what they're focused on in terms of Star Wars actions games. The first TFU, for some reason, sold so well that they'd be crazy not to follow it up with a sequel.
Mercenary is offline   you may:
Old 05-29-2010, 06:12 AM   #31
Zwier Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
Yeah, it would really surprise me if they made another Jedi Knight game at this time. It seems like The Force Unleashed is what they're focused on in terms of Star Wars actions games. The first TFU, for some reason, sold so well that they'd be crazy not to follow it up with a sequel.
I wouldn't see announcing it as surprising actually. TFU2 is less than 4 months away. Any new games they'll announce now will come out late 2011 probably so it would be a good idea to let the people know what will happen after TFU is dead (and it will be dead fast).

I think there is room for a new Dark Forces/ Jedi Knight game. I just doubt it will be any time soon.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #32
Neon
Veteran

TFU and jedi knight are 2 different games for me. I just want a recent lightsaber, guns and force power game with maximum modding options.

Neon is offline   you may:
Old 05-29-2010, 10:43 PM   #33
Illrian
Lurker

Current Game: Jedi Academy
Meh, it would be amazing if they actually made another Jedi Knight game, but by how long it's been since JA first game out, and going based on what they've been bringing out in the sense of Star Wars games, I doubt we'll ever see another Star Wars game within the Jedi Knight series... which is sad.

But hey, one can still hope that they finally realize how big the Jedi Knight games are, and decide to make a new one, with a better story line then Jedi Academy, and better Graphics, without charging a monthly fee like they've been doing to games lately...

█≈∏∏∏∏∏∏∏∏≈█ℶ驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠驠戧
Illrian is offline   you may:
Old 07-15-2010, 11:47 PM   #34
Korr800
Rookie

Cool Guy

If you guys havane't noticed all JK games use a Quake engine. After Quake 4 is done, or a revolutionary new engine is developed, the game is released. Anything with spelling errors is obviously a fake.

In addition the Force Unleashed 2 may use Quake, as dismemberment similar to JK was confirmed.
Korr800 is offline   you may:
Old 07-15-2010, 11:49 PM   #35
Korr800
Rookie

Unhappy

In addition, and I hate to be negative, but have any of you guys noticed that hardly any Star Wars games have came out lately? Force Unleshed 2 was a shocker, but we still lack JK4, KOTOR 3, Dark Forces 3, and tons of other sequels and threequels.
Korr800 is offline   you may:
Old 08-19-2010, 01:46 AM   #36
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illrian View Post
But hey, one can still hope that they finally realize how big the Jedi Knight games are, and decide to make a new one, with a better story line then Jedi Academy, and better Graphics, without charging a monthly fee like they've been doing to games lately...
I can forsee a Jedi Knight 3 or even a remake of the original Dark Forces. But not any time soon. Probably some time in the future when Lucasarts runs out of ideas to make Star Wars games out of. Of course by that time everyone would have forgotten about Jedi Knight so they would be free to retcon as they like.

Also monthly fees are exclusive to massively multiplayer games or Xbox Live`s service. Not much else. The PS3`s online service is free for all it`s games, not to mention the PC is still going strong with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korr800 View Post
If you guys havane't noticed all JK games use a Quake engine. After Quake 4 is done, or a revolutionary new engine is developed, the game is released. Anything with spelling errors is obviously a fake.
Your logic astounds me.

Not all Jedi Knight games use a Quake Engine. To return back to the original Dark Forces, they used the Jedi engine. Which was a modified Doom engine. Dark Forces 2 used the Sith engine, which was heavily modified from the last one, the same with Mysteries of the Sith. Only Outcast and Academy are on the Quake 3 engine, and Academy isn`t seen as apart of the series. More like an expansion pack.

Not to mention where does it say that a game series can`t come out unless it`s on a specific engine? That doesn`t make ANY sense whatsoever as the Jedi Knight series has already proven that. It jumped from the Sith engine to Quake 3`s.

Quote:
In addition, and I hate to be negative, but have any of you guys noticed that hardly any Star Wars games have came out lately? Force Unleshed 2 was a shocker, but we still lack JK4, KOTOR 3, Dark Forces 3, and tons of other sequels and threequels.
Your terminology here is also a little skewed. There are two Star Wars games coming out, the Force Unleashed 2 and The Old Republic. Kotor 3 was cancled, Dark Forces 3 is Jedi Outcast (as Dark Forces 2`s title also had ``Jedi Knight`` in it. Jedi Outcast is Jedi Knight 2 which proves they simply dropped Dark Forces from the title). But what does this prove? Absolutely nothing other then Lucasarts is simply just being how it always was, a corporation that makes or breaks series`s. It is not somehow ``honor bound`` to make sequels to games simply because the fans want them. Jedi Academy is NOT Jedi Knight 3, it is a spin off. It`s full title is ``Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy`` So really, we still haven`t gotten JK3 yet.

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn

Last edited by DeadYorick; 08-19-2010 at 01:59 AM.
DeadYorick is offline   you may:
Old 08-20-2010, 01:46 AM   #37
setlec
Rookie

Quote:
After Quake 4 is done, or a revolutionary new engine is developed, the game is released.
Quake 4 has been released years ago and Id Software is developing Id tech 5 (Rage engine/Doom 4/Quake 5) for the past 5 years!!!!!

Quote:
In addition the Force Unleashed 2 may use Quake, as dismemberment similar to JK was confirmed.
They will surely use the a modified version of TFU game engine called "Ronin" (a home made game engine according to wikipedia).
Old 08-20-2010, 02:28 AM   #38
acdcfanbill

This thread continues to go nowhere after it started in the middle of it...

consider it ki-boshed

Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > NEWS ON JEDI KNIGHT 4 READ

Tags
jedi knight iv