lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: 2010 FIFA World Cup
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #121
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
This Cup is killing every likely bet made out there. XD

From what they played on the second half, the US deserved the victory, wrongfully taken from them by the ref. The gravest mistake I've witnessed this far on the WC.

Oh well, comic relief made itself present on the last minute, when that US player stepped on the ball and fell head-on.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #122
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Another mighty victory for the USA, then!

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #123
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzella View Post
Go Slovenia!!
lolz.... didn't watch the end? It was 2-2!

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #124
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
And the most valued player for Slovenia goes to the ref

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 01:46 PM   #125
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7 View Post
lolz.... didn't watch the end? It was 2-2!

mtfbwya
I did. not amused. I was looking for definitive proof that the US sucks at any sport played outside their own boundaries having said that, they wuz robbed even worse than the germans were.
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #126
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor View Post
Another mighty victory for the USA, then!
We shall tie our way to victory!

“Remember the Alamo”, “Remember Pearl Harbor”, “Oo-Rah,” “Hoo-Yah,” “Hooah,” “Geronimo,” all famous battle cries in US history. Now, the U.S. football team gives us “We tie, we are just as good as you.”

Last edited by mimartin; 06-18-2010 at 02:16 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 02:48 PM   #127
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawathehutt View Post
QFT

You don't know how mad I was when that offsides call was made...

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #128
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
This Cup is killing every likely bet made out there. XD
Indeed. England being unable to score against Algeria made the bookies a mint last night!

I think 0-0 draws should be awarded with 0 points! You should only be allowed to share the points if you can get off yer ar$e and actually score.

DAY 9
GHANA v AUSTRALIA: 2-0
CAMEROON v DENMARK: 2-1
SLOVAKIA v PARAGUAY: 1-2

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 06-19-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:07 AM   #129
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawathehutt View Post
Yeah...just read an article that said that FIFA is going to conduct and immediate review of his performance and that he could be precluded from refereeing any further games.

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2010, 04:17 AM   #130
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
Late to the game, so to speak.

Being English i am obliged to suport our own, and tear them to shreds at the earliest oppurtunity. Like Churchill.

Dear Mr Capello.
There is a reason that Robert Green was the third choice for so long.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTV80j-ZAZ4

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2010, 05:29 AM   #131
Holty1-5

Current Game: Final Fantasy 13
Helpful! 
I Was Just watching Sky News and Rooney was Having a Go at the Fans for Booing them after there 0-0 Draw.
Well Maybe Rooney should Shut up. The Fans have to Pay Money for Transport, Hotel and Match's whereas Rooney Gets Paid to go there.... And If England cant even Beat Algeria how will they Cope Against Brazil, Holland, Spain, Germany, Argentina. Short Anwser They Wont.

Holty1-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2010, 06:56 AM   #132
Salzella
areiK

^^ quite. If their support wasn't 'loyal' they wouldn't have travelled thousands of miles and spent thousands of pounds going there to watch that lazy, overpaid bunch of overhyped no-hopers... go back to Merseyside Rooney
Old 06-19-2010, 09:03 AM   #133
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Honestly at this point with the two performances they have made, England don't deserve a spot in the knockout rounds. All three of the other teams in their group have played well and tryed thier hardest. With the tallent England have it's a shame really. In the beginning I hoped to see the US and England move on but right now things are looking like it will be USA and Slovenia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzella
I did. not amused. I was looking for definitive proof that the US sucks at any sport played outside their own boundaries having said that, they wuz robbed even worse than the germans were.
You could say that for any country.

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #134
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzella View Post
^^ quite. If their support wasn't 'loyal' they wouldn't have travelled thousands of miles and spent thousands of pounds going there to watch that lazy, overpaid bunch of overhyped no-hopers... go back to Merseyside Rooney
Still, there's something terribly mean spirited about booing your own team. I can't think of any other nations fans that do it so readily. No one forced the fans to go to South Africa, they could have watched it free at home, like we are

It must be demoralising to the players, no matter how experienced or overpaid they are. Rooney is not a favourite of mine by any stretch of the imagination, but the fact that he commented on it shows that it still registers emotionally with a player.

They could be like the French and not give a toss about anything, win or lose

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 06-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #135
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Still, there's something terribly mean spirited about booing your own team. I can't think of any other nations fans that do it so readily. No one forced the fans to go to South Africa, they could have watched it free at home, like we are

It must be demoralising to the players, no matter how experienced or overpaid they are. Rooney is not a favourite of mine by any stretch of the imagination, but the fact that he commented on it shows that it still registers emotionally with a player.
Agreed on every single word. I watched the match with my brit cousin and some friends at the Fifa Fan Fest yesterday and they told me that they simply don't like the team. They even have borderline offensive chantings for their own players. It's natural to get upset by a defeat but when the people that should be supporting them don't, well, it's the killing blow.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:42 PM   #136
Holty1-5

Current Game: Final Fantasy 13
Helpful! 
Yes But with Rooney Then Doing Pretty much the same will the Fans Change.... Rooney should Learn to do his Talking on the Pitch instead of Off the Pitch

Holty1-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2010, 07:37 PM   #137
Salzella
areiK

The French are pissed off as far as i can tell, the media in France are really ripping into Domenech. I'm guessing it was only the vuvuzelas that prevented us from hearing French boos in full force - as it is they're far too cool to outwardly voice their opinion my favourite "it could be worse" saying so far in this world cup has been 'at least we're not the french'
Old 06-20-2010, 08:52 AM   #138
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

DAY 10

ITALY v NEW ZEALAND: 2-0
BRAZIL v IVORY COAST: 2-0
PORTUGAL v DPR-KOREA: 1-1

If you want a nifty all in one results/fixtures guide, check this flash based WC Calendar page

EDIT: zOMG=Italy. The reigning world champs cant overcome humble NZ, who actually have some amateur players in their team

Vuvuzela haters! Someone has finally spoken up for you:
View page
YouTube Video

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 06-20-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #139
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Awesome, New Zealand, awesome. Of course, Italy was awful, but I was totally rooting for the Kiwis. And I'm following the trouble with the French and English team with interest. Especially the deal with Anelka and the row between Evra and a physical coach and the resulting refusal of the players to train today. Awesome.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #140
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
I was ashamed by Ivory Coast's behavior today. Kaka got a red card when that one Ivorian started faking serious pain after he just bumped into Kaka. Even the commentators were saying how pathetic that was.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #141
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
EDIT: zOMG=Italy. The reigning world champs cant overcome humble NZ, who actually have some amateur players in their team
No offense to anyone, but I actually want them out as soon as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
I was ashamed by Ivory Coast's behavior today. Kaka got a red card when that one Ivorian started faking serious pain after he just bumped into Kaka. Even the commentators were saying how pathetic that was.
So was I. Cote de Ivoire was violent the whole game and Kaká is the one to get a red card? **** it, if I was him, I'd warrant a red card with that kind of unfair pressure on him.

Luís Fabiano goal was easily the most beautiful on this WC... let's not pretend he did not use his arm to help him though, but it was still awesome.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with the match. Convincing, enjoyable and lest we forget, a victory.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #142
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
It really was a shame... But I don't blame the ref, because he can't see it. I blame the Ivorian player. Although with out be totally sure Kaka hit the player it wasn't fair to card him. Fortunately it wasn't a straight red...

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2010, 11:58 PM   #143
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Most Italians I know have been very unusual this world cup. They dislike Lippi's selection so much that they want to see him fail, but at the same time are anxious not to see their nation lose when they actually play.

I'm looking forward to seeing Andrea Pirlo back in game 3. If ever someone deserved being called a 'midfield maestro' it's him

It's good Lippi will be leaving after this WC. When Prandelli takes over and they start their Euro 2012 qualifiers later this year, hopefully we will see in form players like Cassano re-integrated into the team. Pazzini looks lost without Cassano running off him.

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 06-21-2010, 04:16 AM   #144
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheFish View Post
It really was a shame... But I don't blame the ref, because he can't see it. I blame the Ivorian player. Although with out be totally sure Kaka hit the player it wasn't fair to card him. Fortunately it wasn't a straight red...
Well, if the ref didn't see anything, I'm wondering on what base he decided to give Kaka a card anyway.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 05:15 AM   #145
Seikan

Yes, a ref can't just give a card without any one seeing anything, just on one player's word... and yes the ivory coast has been violent all the match, they have also get Blumer out of the match, with a fault, and the ref haven't do anything about it... it's like if they wanted revenge from the last goal...

Last mod:
-Seikan's Armors Of The Old Republic:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...74#post2738274
Seikan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 06:12 AM   #146
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
So was I. Cote de Ivoire was violent the whole game and Kaká is the one to get a red card? **** it, if I was him, I'd warrant a red card with that kind of unfair pressure on him.

Luís Fabiano goal was easily the most beautiful on this WC... let's not pretend he did not use his arm to help him though, but it was still awesome.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with the match. Convincing, enjoyable and lest we forget, a victory.
Brazil were much better and frankly some of the Ivory Coast players are a disgrace, as well as being utterly stupid; they need Brazil to beat Portugal - and what do they do; they commit the worst tackle of the tournament on Elano (which was deliberate and should of been a straight red). Infrat the Ivory Coast should of had two red's as they guy that proceeded to get Kaka sent off, put in the horrible high foot on Bastos... Then they get Kaka sent off - If I was Brazil I'd let Portugal get a draw in the last game just to spite the Ivorians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheFish View Post
The Ref was pathetic, the players may not of helped but he was still poor... he missed two hand balls in the build upto Fabiano's goal, he was 6 yards away from that challenge on Elano, and that was deliberate, you won't see a more stone wall red card all tournament and finally nor did Kaka warrant a single yellow let alone two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
Well, if the ref didn't see anything, I'm wondering on what base he decided to give Kaka a card anyway.
He didn't see anything, he was influenced by the Ivorian players.. It's pathetic and he shouldn't referee another game this tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seikan View Post
Yes, a ref can't just give a card without any one seeing anything, just on one player's word...
Well he can. You for some bizarre reason seem to think the referee's are better than they really are. The standard of refereeing has been pretty high up until now, but lets not defend a bad performance. Personally I think they should let Ravshan Irmatov (the Uzbekistani) referee as many matches as possible, as he's awesome... But the French ref Stephane Lannoy has always been a bad ref and he clearly didn't see the incident as the other player ran into Kaka. If anything if I'd of been referee I'd of booked Keita for trying to run into Kaka off the ball - makes me wonder what else the Ivorians had been doing off the ball all game long, that the Brazilians hadn't be reacting too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seikan View Post
and yes the ivory coast has been violent all the match, they have also get Blumer out of the match, with a fault, and the ref haven't do anything about it... it's like if they wanted revenge from the last goal...
The Ivory Coast were awful; the deserved too loose... They didn't attempt to attack until they were 3-0 down, and if your going to take revenge wouldn't it make more sense to score goals than attempt to get players sent off so they are suspended for a game you need them to win?

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 06:14 AM   #147
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
View page
YouTube Video

/flees

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 06:24 AM   #148
Seikan

Quote:
Well he can.
Yes I know he can, but he shouldn't..

and I know a tackle isn't a good way to take revenge, but they are too brainless to play instead of kicking and hitting everything around them...

For the hands in the second goal, well, with or without it Brazil have won, and he deserve it.

Last mod:
-Seikan's Armors Of The Old Republic:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...74#post2738274
Old 06-21-2010, 06:40 AM   #149
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

@Ztalker....that's epically awesome

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 06-21-2010, 06:48 AM   #150
Seikan

Yes i love it too xD

But well, when Uruguay won 3-0 against South Africa the vuvuzelas wasn't really a problem xD

thats a great weapon against vuvuzelas

Last mod:
Old 06-21-2010, 09:22 AM   #151
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Portugal just won 7-0 against North Korea.

Now that's my nation.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 09:29 AM   #152
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Portugal just won 7-0 against North Korea.

Now that's my nation.
a great performance - making Fridays game even more appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del
lolz...A deliberate handball gets some players a red card, if you're Brazilian, you get a pat on the back from the ref

DAY 11

CHILE v SWITZERLAND: 2-1
SPAIN v HONDURAS: 3-0 >>Pull yer finger out Spain!

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 06-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #153
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
a great performance - making Fridays game even more appealing.
Indeed.

P.S:

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 10:06 AM   #154
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Indeed.

P.S:
now I'm thirsty!

*runs to fridge*

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 06-22-2010, 09:55 AM   #155
Salzella
areiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker View Post
View page
YouTube Video

/flees
hahahahahahah
Old 06-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #156
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

DAY 12: CRUNCH TIME!

MEXICO v URUGUAY: 1-1 They'll ensure a draw to keep mutinous frogs at bay
FRANCE v S.AFRICA: 0-0 France are behaving so unprofessionally, they really deserve worse. I'd make them play in their underwear and give the crowd rotten cabbage to throw at them. OK, they have issues - they should have sorted them MONTHS ago(after Euro 2008), not waited until NOW. Idiotique!

NIGERIA v SKOREA : 0-1
ARGENTINA v GREECE: 2-0

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 06-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #157
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
I am smelling a bestseller...

"Domenech: How I single handedly destroyed a World-Champion worthy team using astrology, insanity and benchwarmer Henry."

Seriously. If a man like this can become the coach of the national team (Heard rumours Zidane kept the team together in 2006 instead of him), Gérard Deperdieu can become Renaults new Formula 1 race driver.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #158
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
DAY 12: CRUNCH TIME!

MEXICO v URUGUAY: 1-1 They'll ensure a draw to keep mutinous frogs at bay
Given current scores I'm hoping Mexico 0-2 Uruguay and that...

Quote:
FRANCE v S.AFRICA: 0-0 France are behaving so unprofessionally, they really deserve worse. I'd make them play in their underwear and give the crowd rotten cabbage to throw at them. OK, they have issues - they should have sorted them MONTHS ago(after Euro 2008), not waited until NOW. Idiotique!
See I'd disagree I don't think the players or Domoknob are to blame; I think the French Football Federation are to blame.. How did they ever make him manager in the first place let alone keep him on for 4 years of pretty abject football (minus Zidane's magic (and headbutt) in WC 06.

Currently I'm hoping South Africa get another so they can squeeze through with Uruguay grabbing a second goal...

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #159
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
France and South Africa are eliminated!

What are the chances England will follow tomorrow?

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #160
Seikan

Quote:
See I'd disagree I don't think the players or Domoknob are to blame;
Here from France, I think the players does have a part of responsibility, how can you arrive two days before a match and say "Oh, we're not training until you make Anelka come back", I think in almost every team, the player would be expelled from the tournament, or at least, that's not abnormal, and then they act totally like spoiled brats, refusing to train because their friend got spelled, that's a behavior worth of teenagers, come on...

Last mod:
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > 2010 FIFA World Cup