lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: 2010 FIFA World Cup
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #241
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
Well actually, Suarez was standing behind the goal line when he put up his hands, so it probably should have been declared a goal. But I don't know, maybe that works only with keepers. I would have really liked to see Ghana play Netherlands in the semis. They did well just to get to this level.

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2010, 07:08 PM   #242
Seikan

No, I looked at it again, and he stop it before the line, but, well the goal was SURE, even if it didn't get in, it should have ben validated, it's really not fair for the Ghana to loose now.

Last mod:
-Seikan's Armors Of The Old Republic:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...74#post2738274
Seikan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #243
Mike Windu
Je suis l'agent du chaos.

Suuuuper dirty.

That's the last time I buy anything just because it's furry!

Mike Windu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2010, 03:05 AM   #244
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Good to know Geek is Chic in the Netherlands too

As for tonite... I hope the Argies can pull it off.. it has been amusing hearing them and the Krauts trash talk over the last few days. If it goes to penalties though, I think Germany would have it sewn up.

and of course.... VIVA LA ESPANA!! Though I'd be equally delighted if a hard working Paraguay got a deserving win in regulation time.

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2010, 03:41 AM   #245
Revan 411
Forumite

I hope Argentina win's this match. I'll be "very" pissed off if Germany wins, as I hate their football team, and the way they play.

Giving Messi a free role is a smart move on Diego's part, and hopefully it will benefit the Argentinians in winning this match.

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #246
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7 View Post
and of course.... VIVA LA ESPANA!! Though I'd be equally delighted if a hard working Paraguay got a deserving win in regulation time.
As much as there's bad blood between the Brazil and Argentina's national team, I'm torn between supporting a S.American team in this CONMEBOL takeover or the good spanish displays. Although I'd certainly cheer if Paraguay made it through, I'd have some trouble in supporting Maradona.

Also, Philipp Lahm is right, South Americans are impulsive, termperamental and don't know how to lose. Hopefully, Germany goes down today.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.

Last edited by Ctrl Alt Del; 07-03-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #247
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Whooo yes baby! Germany 4-0 Argentina.

They're really decimating the world bigs this time. Both England and Argentina went home with 4 goals against em. What shabby defending from Argentina. At least their offense looked really promising in the latter part of the first half and beginning of the second. But they lost their steam after the 2nd goal and it was just a trip downhill from then on.

Germany SO deserve this cup.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #248
Holty1-5

Current Game: Final Fantasy 13
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-1162 View Post
Holland Deserve it more

Holty1-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #249
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
Hey remember how Argentina was taunting Germany?

I love how they lost just as badly as the worst team in the world cup.

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #250
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
don't cry for me argentina.... ;D
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #251
mstr kenobi
Rookie

schweinsteiger is one badmother...
just awesome
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #252
Holty1-5

Current Game: Final Fantasy 13
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawathehutt View Post
Hey remember how Argentina was taunting Germany?

Who England? xD

Holty1-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2010, 05:21 PM   #253
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Spain went through. But I've got to say, that was a lucky goal. And Paraguay almost scored at the end.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #254
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-1162 View Post
Am I the only one dreading a Germany v Holland final. What a sad day for passionate +/- beautiful football that would be. I'd rather watch my mobile phone have sex with a USB port

I'd love to see a Uruguay v Spain final, though that is perhaps wishful thinking

I'm pleased that Spain have made it through. They really need to do their homework. Germany is not the unstoppable force some of their results suggest. Argentina got through them plenty of times, they just couldn't scrape a decent shot together !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawathehutt
DPR Korea's 7-0 loss to Portugal qualifies as the "worst loss", then there is the 4-0 Germany inflicted on Oz.

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-03-2010, 05:44 PM   #255
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Wow, what a game between Spain and Paraguay. I'm guessing we'll see a Uruguay-Germany final, though it would be interesting to see a Netherlands-Spain final.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #256
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Damn, now I'm lost. I certainly don't want Germany to win the WC four times, and supporting Holland would be so anti-patriotic now. Besides, I can't shake off the feeling that Spain got lucky with Paraguay just about now. Guess Uruguay will have to do.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #257
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
I'm guessing we'll see a Uruguay-Germany final

Quote:
Uruguay
Quote:
Holland
wat :|

my pre-tournment prediction was a spain/holland final so i'm feeling pretty cool right now. may yet not come true but still dammit.
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #258
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Am I the only one dreading a Germany v Holland final. What a sad day for passionate +/- beautiful football that would be. I'd rather watch my mobile phone have sex with a USB port
It's the worst case scenario in my book. My excitement for the WC has been decimated after Holland won against Brazil. I'm still going to support Germany if it comes to a Holland v Germany final, but I'm putting my faith in Spain.

God knows what would happen if Holland won the cup. The Orange Legion already crossed the borders weeks ago, more orange will burn my eyes out.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #259
Mike Windu

DAVID VILLA!

Old 07-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #260
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:

I'd love to see a Uruguay v Spain final, though that is perhaps wishful thinking

I'm pleased that Spain have made it through. They really need to do their homework. Germany is not the unstoppable force some of their results suggest. Argentina got through them plenty of times, they just couldn't scrape a decent shot together !

DPR Korea's 7-0 loss to Portugal qualifies as the "worst loss", then there is the 4-0 Germany inflicted on Oz.

mtfbwya
I don't blame Holland for playing this way. We used to play attractive in the past and won nothing. Jose Mourinho ruined modern football by proving defending with 9 people beats teams as Barcelona and Bayern, who play with passion and flair. Many national teams played the same way as Inter this WC. Holland has simply adapted and plays the way Germany used to. Controlling, only attacking when there's the option to do so. Then you won't lose to those teams.

A Holland vs. Germany finale would be awesome in my opinion. Germany plays the most 'passionate' football, where Holland used to do so.

And Germany is just awesome this WC. They play very daring and attractive football. And I'm blown away by Schweinsteiger and Müller. They dominate. Just dominate. Germany has two controlling midfielders that sometimes end up in an opponents '16. That means they have 6 'offensive' capable players, awesome.

Spain...is an extremely talented team. But it proves my theory that they needed 83 minutes to make that goal. Playing the way they do is awesome, just awesome, but Villa can't win against 8 defenders. The way they play is admirable and I hope they get through, based on their intention to play alone.
Fact remains that they will have a difficult match ahead of them. Alonso could potentially get overrun by the German midfield since Xavi and Iniësta tend to play a bit deeper.

PS: About passionate football, Uruguay played with 8 defending players. Only Suarez and Forlan were allowed to think of attacking. So much for passion. They play Inter-ish as well.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2010, 10:32 PM   #261
Mike Windu

I skipped reading all that just to tell Z that he has a penis for a watering can...>_>

Old 07-04-2010, 11:59 PM   #262
mstr kenobi
Rookie

if everyone would just drop their preconceived belief's, they would see that Germany is playing with a lot of flair, good passing, quick wingers, skilled midfielders, lots of overlaping surprising opposing defenses...

that's better than anything Brazil has produced for the last 4 years... and i'm brazilian!!!

Holland did tone down their style a lot,beeing the offensivist(is that a word) that i am it's kinda sad to see... i think they would benefit greatly if they had a player with Davids skillset, quick to defend, quick to attack, good passer, on this team,right now they're a bit... static and slow, still, managed to beat us...

Spain is doing their usual thing, possesssion football, skilled midfielders, extremely good passing, but their current formation makes than a bit slower than on the euro, i think David Silva was playing and Busquets wasn't part of the team... and Torres is totally off in this WC,it's difficult to criticise a team's center forward, he might burn you the next game lol,but i think he should be taken out for either Pedro or Lorente

and ztalker you are wrong about Uruguai... sometimes there's a third guy coming to join the attack,sometimes... lol
Old 07-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #263
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Windu View Post
I skipped reading all that just to tell Z that he has a penis for a watering can...>_>
Someone PM-ed me about that as well xp
It's a character from an Belgian cartoon about a gnome called Wesley...insane humor. And it's intended to be drawn in a bad way.

It's a watering can, nothing more....this is A PG-13 board

OT: Totally agree with mstr kenobi. Exactly my sentiments.
As a Dutchman I'm anything but neutral but I admit the Dutch aren't playing the way they should and agree this should change. Germany and Spain should be in the finale, based on their playstyle.

But Germany is playing very fresh and attractive. I still can't see why Holland - Germany would be a bad finale. Except then for the fact Germany will beat Holland easily. Van Bommel and De Jong can't handle players like Schweinsteiger, Müller and Özil who control a game ánd go deep.

@ mstr kenobi:
They analyzed Uruguay on tv last night. And most of the time they wait, conquer the ball, play it to Forlan, and go from there. Only 2 people 'ahead' of the ball, 8 people behind it at all times...but like you said, sometimes a midfielder goes forward as well. Inter Milan-ish as well.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #264
mstr kenobi
Rookie

i agree with you about Uruguay, my comments were just a bad attempt at irony.

I also agree that Van Bommel and De Jong are what makes Holland predictable and slow, they just put all the playmaking on Sneijder's(who is world class) back, a skilled defensive midfielder would go a long way into helping him, without losing the defensive balance.
Both Spain and Germany have a lot more quality options in the middle.

Even so, Holland chances are just as good as anybody, anything can happen
Old 07-06-2010, 12:47 AM   #265
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
By the way things are looking I'd say there are two possible outcomes:

1.) Holland v. Germany for the final. Germany win 2-0.
2.) There winning streak comes to an end, and due to bad play Holland prevail 2-1.

Germany has done a lot of winning, and that always comes to an end...

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2010, 05:09 AM   #266
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Im still hoping Uruguay can win tonight, or Spain tomorrow. We at least need one Latin nation in there... SPQR!

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #267
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Im still hoping Uruguay can win tonight, or Spain tomorrow. We at least need one Latin nation in there... SPQR!

mtfbwya
I would rather see Spain go through. I thinkg a Spain - Holland final would be a great one!

Old 07-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #268
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

congrats to Holland... seems like they were just a but hungrier for it than Uruguay... just

If Spain does lose tomorrow, I hope its a respectable scoreline!

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-06-2010, 07:07 PM   #269
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
congrats to Holland... seems like they were just a but hungrier for it than Uruguay... just
Haven't seen the match, but I do think Uruguay could've had more chance if they didn't have to miss some of their better players. But then again, that's part of the WC and Holland does have more quality than Uruguay.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #270
Seikan

And Well, we must remember that one of the reasons why they didn't have some of their other players it's deserved, for example Suares... If he wasn't in the bench, then it would be Ghana in this semi final, and not Uruguay.

(by the way I'm still pissed about it... )

Last mod:
-Seikan's Armors Of The Old Republic:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...74#post2738274
Seikan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2010, 01:50 AM   #271
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Have not seen the latest, though I was surprised Africa missed that penalty kick. Too excited, too nervous.

I Seriously think Germany will win. That's my for now.

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2010, 01:57 AM   #272
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
Well played Holland. Both teams scored some beautiful goals.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #273
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Paul, the german octopus has predicted: Spain will win tonight. Let's see about it.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #274
LordOfTheFish

Forum Veteran 
Should be a great game tonight. Can't believe I'm saying this but... Go Spain!!

Old 07-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #275
Roller123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
Paul, the german octopus has predicted: Spain will win tonight. Let's see about it.

Roller123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #276
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Oh my God....the octopus was right.

I hope the Netherlands can win now. I was rooting for Germany.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #277
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post

Fully deserved win for Spain. Now all they need to do is beat Holland. But first, let's tell Pedro he's not the only player on the field.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #278
Revan 411
Forumite

Spain won! It was incredibly intense between the two countries, but Spain played extraordinarily well, even better then Germany, and ultimately deserved the victory. Germany, like Argentina, will be going home and weeping.

Spain: 1, Germany: 0.

(Yes, I hate the German Soccer Team.)

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #279
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Although I was waving German colours, I have to say, that was a really miserable performance from them compared to what they did to Argentina and England. It's like Revan ran out of medpacks against Malak and died. Jeez, what the heck were they up to in this match?
Spain deserved to win. They had a much tighter defense and handled the ball better. I guess Germany will have to wait for EURO '12 now.

For the finals though, VIVA ESPANA!!

Old 07-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #280
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

VIVA LA ESPANA!!

DRINKS ARE ON ME & PENELOPE CRUZ!

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > 2010 FIFA World Cup