lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: XWA choppy on a new system
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-03-2010, 07:10 AM   #1
theStalker
Lurker

Unhappy XWA choppy on a new system

I recently went on to windows 7. Got a new PC as well. Now I have a dual athlon, 2 GB of ram and 1 GB Vram nvidia gt220.

I install my XWA and I don't believe my eyes, the game runs choppy as if I had like 10 mb of ram. So I do some searching and I force the Vsync off in nvidia control panel. That really helped and the game now runs smoothly except for one annoying thing: whenever there's a big ship or a station the game goes choppy on me for a second or two when I turn towards it and it can be really annoying in a dogfight. It's like it's loading a new ship very slowly. If someone knows how to fix this, please help. I already tried Reimar's patch and it didn't work.

Thanks
theStalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
Wildstar
Can outbowl most of you

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
I'm not sure, but setting your processor affinity for the game to use only one core/processor might help (though I'm a little vague about this...you can Google for help, I'm sure)

Wildstar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > Tech Center > XWA choppy on a new system