lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Grim Fandango: Special Edition
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #41
elTee
beatnik

The International House of Mojo Staff LFN Staff Member 
Heeee

LucasTones - LT - elTee
The International House of Mojo - writing long-winded gibberish increasingly infrequently
elTee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #42
SyntheticGerbil
Pasta Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post
All the bugs fixed (including problems with the elusive Domino dialog in Year 3) is the only change I would like to see in an SE. The character models are great as they are.
Yeah I agree the character models are good even in low poly just because it suits what it the game is about and the art direction, but even then I would just love to see things smoothed out. It wouldn't make a ton of difference on the skeletons to maybe have suits with slight wrinkles around the edges and sleeves that weren't boxes, but it would sure make a great difference to Glottis for instance, who could really use some smoothing out.

Hell, I would love for most people to still talk and express with the swapping out of the facial maps, because while it's a simple trick I would still love that sort of thing in a higher poly character.

I would prefer EMI to be completely remodeled though. I think all the characters looked poor and it's not really something higher polys would fix in my opinion.

Also on the cut Domino dialog... is it confirmed that was suppose to appear then? I've read it and it always seemed to me that it was cut purposefully because it revealed too much too soon if I recall, but maybe that is not the case?

And the best part of a Grim Fandango SE would maybe be someone including all the original concept art. That would be lovely. I think all the stuff Peter Chan did for it is amazing. Those pencil/charcoal drawings are ace. Even the stuff in the leaked Grim Fandango design document should go in this hypothetical gallery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post
On a somewhat related note, much more to a SE or a GF2 I'd prefer someone getting out Insecticide Part 2, or a completely new Insecticide game. Part 1 brought me back a lot of fond memories of playing Grim.
Yeah, that would be ideal. It sucks were all stuck with the second half of the game on a tiny DS screen with the graphics cut back so much. Too bad it looks like this is never going to happen.
SyntheticGerbil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2010, 09:41 PM   #43
Ascovel
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntheticGerbil View Post
Also on the cut Domino dialog... is it confirmed that was suppose to appear then? I've read it and it always seemed to me that it was cut purposefully because it revealed too much too soon if I recall, but maybe that is not the case?
The Domino dialog wasn't really cut. It seems like it was just another of the game's many problems with faster PCs. Yet it was never fixed in the official patch. The first time I played Grim, the dialog worked perfectly fine.

A Hardy Developer's Journal - blogging about indie adventure games
Ascovel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #44
bergqvistjl
Rookie

To be honest though, all it would really need to fix the jaggies would be a patch.

Currently got (complete in original Big-box format)
  • Maniac Mansion (seperate from DOTT)
  • Battle of Britain: Their Finest Hour (Want to sell, PM me)
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
  • MI1 VGA
  • MI2
  • Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
  • Sam and Max Hit The Road
  • CMI
  • EMI
  • Grim Fandango
  • Full Throttle
  • The Dig
To Get
  • Zak McKraken
  • DOTT
  • Loom
bergqvistjl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2010, 08:49 AM   #45
ThunderPeel2001
Lovebucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntheticGerbil View Post
Yeah I agree the character models are good even in low poly just because it suits what it the game is about and the art direction, but even then I would just love to see things smoothed out. It wouldn't make a ton of difference on the skeletons to maybe have suits with slight wrinkles around the edges and sleeves that weren't boxes, but it would sure make a great difference to Glottis for instance, who could really use some smoothing out.

Hell, I would love for most people to still talk and express with the swapping out of the facial maps, because while it's a simple trick I would still love that sort of thing in a higher poly character.
Yeah, definitely. I'd love to see them smoothed out, but nothing more than that.

ThunderPeel2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Grim Fandango: Special Edition