lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: MI2SE Soundtrack
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-26-2010, 07:05 AM   #81
Snugglecakes

Current Game: Mata Hari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admonisher View Post
Enjoy!
Wow... downloading
Snugglecakes is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2010, 07:20 AM   #82
Admonisher
Rookie

I should add: on the honor system, please own a legitimate copy of the "Monkey Island 2: Special Edition" if you're going to download this. Not that I suspect that's much of an issue on this forum ... but please don't post the download link anywhere else.
Admonisher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #83
Thrik
Symbolically Compelling

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
You should stick it in a zip with a MI2:SE-specific question. ;

Thrik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #84
Farlander1991
Rookie

Quote:
You should stick it in a zip with a MI2:SE-specific question. ;
Like what? What joke is put instead of the "Zonker Harris" joke?
Farlander1991 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #85
BloodnoseThePirate
Rookie

eep! the download isnt working for me!

edit: *facepalm* i was already downloading something from the same site.
BloodnoseThePirate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2010, 02:50 PM   #86
draedan

thank you very much ! will upload to my iphone to listen while working :d

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Adventure Crew
Turkish Adventure Gaming Site
www.advcrew.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
draedan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #87
simonsoup
Rookie

Admonisher, thank-you ever so much for this tremendous effort! I am downloading now...

simonsoup is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #88
ThunderPeel2001
Lovebucket

Awesome! Thank you!

ThunderPeel2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #89
Laserschwert

Notable contributor 
Very well done, thanks a lot!!

Laserschwert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2010, 09:15 PM   #90
SurplusGamer
aka 'MrCoulomb'

I appreciate the effort you've gone to, and how you noted that everyone has their preferences etc. But I can't help but feel this invalidates all the hours I've put into this so far, too, and a couple of other people. I sort of wish that you'd have compromised by helping out with our project instead of going solo, this thread has been up almost since the game came out. Good job anyway, but ... yeah.
SurplusGamer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2010, 10:49 PM   #91
Admonisher
Rookie

My sincere apologies, SG ... it wasn't my intention to insult anyone else's work. This is just something I was always going to do for myself anyway, and I thought I'd share it here. I guess I didn't realize the degree to which you (the originating poster) considered this thread a distinct, cooperative project, rather than just a central location for people to post their own edits. I interpreted the request to focus on stuff that hadn't been done yet as an effort to get as much music out as possible in the shortest time, and since I had the whole thing handy... At any rate, I hope you don't continue to feel "invalidated" ... there's a huge amount of variety in how this music can be assembled, as your versions of "Bart & Fink," "Mardi Gras Fish Fry" amply demonstrate.

Anyway, I am sorry for stepping on your toes. I truly didn't mean to offend, and I hope no one feels discouraged from posting their own uniquely crafted stuff.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:50 AM   #92
elTee
beatnik

The International House of Mojo Staff LFN Staff Member 
I think it's totally understandable, if you were worried about legal complications. It wouldn't be the first project to hide underground for fear of reprisal.

LucasTones - LT - elTee
The International House of Mojo - writing long-winded gibberish increasingly infrequently
elTee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2010, 06:15 AM   #93
SurplusGamer
aka 'MrCoulomb'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admonisher View Post
My sincere apologies, SG ... it wasn't my intention to insult anyone else's work. This is just something I was always going to do for myself anyway, and I thought I'd share it here. I guess I didn't realize the degree to which you (the originating poster) considered this thread a distinct, cooperative project, rather than just a central location for people to post their own edits. I interpreted the request to focus on stuff that hadn't been done yet as an effort to get as much music out as possible in the shortest time, and since I had the whole thing handy... At any rate, I hope you don't continue to feel "invalidated" ... there's a huge amount of variety in how this music can be assembled, as your versions of "Bart & Fink," "Mardi Gras Fish Fry" amply demonstrate.

Anyway, I am sorry for stepping on your toes. I truly didn't mean to offend, and I hope no one feels discouraged from posting their own uniquely crafted stuff.
Don't worry about it, its not really a big deal. I probably shouldn't have said anything. It was just that the only reason I started thus was because nobody else seemed to be. If I had known you had something in the works I may not have bothered
Old 07-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #94
BloodnoseThePirate
Rookie

i actually only used admonishers version to fill in the cracks. if it counts for anything.
BloodnoseThePirate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #95
Admonisher
Rookie

SG: Like I said, I hadn't intended to post my edit anywhere. It was actually this thread that changed my mind ... so I'm glad you bothered.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:54 PM   #96
ThunderPeel2001
Lovebucket

Thanks for sharing! It's great to be able to listen to this music fully and really enjoy it! I think they did a great job. I'm sure there's a few "synth" sounds in there on a few songs, but I can't totally forgive them for the huge amount of music they had to record. Wonderful soundtrack!

ThunderPeel2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2010, 04:56 PM   #97
elTee
beatnik

The International House of Mojo Staff LFN Staff Member 
Yes, they really did an excellent job altogether

Thanks Surplus, Aubuhbuh, Admonisher!

LucasTones - LT - elTee
The International House of Mojo - writing long-winded gibberish increasingly infrequently
elTee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #98
SurplusGamer
aka 'MrCoulomb'

Once again, no worries. I think I was in a funny mood when I wrote that anyway, and it is good that we have usable versions of the rest of the soundtrack now, I will certainly be listening to it when I have the chance and making replacements where I want them.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #99
sad_muso
Rookie

Guys, I appreciate everybody's efforts on compiling these songs - brilliant work all round I say. Have been listening the the songs closely though - has anyone else noticed that they are not the most skillfully mastered songs in the World? EG: Too much low end in some parts; odd instrument volumes on some tracks (the woodwind instrument on Captain Kate theme for instance)

I'm also not a fan of the way that the melody at the start of the Graveyard tune now goes to the higher octave, call me fussy!

Other than this it's all good!

Last edited by sad_muso; 07-30-2010 at 03:05 PM.
sad_muso is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2010, 07:13 PM   #100
Admonisher
Rookie

Yeah, they ain't perfect. I'd have made some different choices all around. But you know ... compared to even the best Roland MT-32 recordings I have, the SE version is still my preferred listen at this point!
Old 08-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #101
Oecobius
Lurker

Great work, all around. This is very nice to see. My one complaint is about Woodtick; some of the transitions are awkwardly pasted in. For instance, the outro at the very end of the Mad Marty segment clearly doesn't match up--the cymbal sound changes tone. There's also a part (I believe in the segment right before Mad Marty) where we abruptly have a second of silence. Personally, I felt the non-melodic "main Woodtick" parts inbetween each character theme were a bit lengthy as well (though maybe that's just my taste). But with a little spit and polish, it'll be perfect! Thanks a lot for these.
Oecobius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > General Discussion > MI2SE Soundtrack