Thread: Bevy of Updates to the Official Site Today
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
News
starwarsmmo.net newsfeed

Lightbulb Bevy of Updates to the Official Site Today

This week’s main updates focus on the sound and music of the game. First, Audio Producer Orion Kellogg (that is an awesome first name) discusses the sound of the game in his first developer blog. He goes into detail about the voicing for both humans and aliens, sound effects, and music. In addition, we are [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...
News is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
jrrtoken

F*** yeah, Mark Griskey is the composer.

Even if I find this game to be a complete waste of time and money, at least I might buy it just for the soundtrack. Better yet, someone who actually likes the game can just rip the data files and post them on the web for everyone else.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Griskey did an amazing job with KotOR II, so I'm glad his involved in thispProject. And let's not forget the game will include a few themes from both KotOR's. I'm confident the music is going to be ok. I'm still not buying the VO, though. Quantity is there, yeah, but I'm still unsure about quality. The Bounty Hunter's voice is very stereotypical, for one, and not that good, in my opinion. So was the Sith Captain's. But maybe it's too early to judge.

Looking forward to more info at Comic Con.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
The-Seraphim
Rookie

Current Game: Starcraft 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
Griskey did an amazing job with KotOR II, so I'm glad his involved in thispProject. And let's not forget the game will include a few themes from both KotOR's. I'm confident the music is going to be ok. I'm still not buying the VO, though. Quantity is there, yeah, but I'm still unsure about quality. The Bounty Hunter's voice is very stereotypical, for one, and not that good, in my opinion. So was the Sith Captain's. But maybe it's too early to judge.

Looking forward to more info at Comic Con.
You didn't like Steve Blum?! preposterous!

"If you're thinking about self-destructing, let me give you one piece of advice: it hurts like hell." ~ Heero Yuy
The-Seraphim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2010, 09:12 PM   #5
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Seraphim View Post
You didn't like Steve Blum?! preposterous!
Can't say I know the guy, the only thing I can say is that from what I've heard so far, it's a poor performance. In my humble opinion, of course.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:43 PM   #6
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
I can say I liked Jeremy Soule's work better, but Griskey ain't that far behind him.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2010, 09:54 AM   #7
The-Seraphim
Rookie

Current Game: Starcraft 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
Can't say I know the guy, the only thing I can say is that from what I've heard so far, it's a poor performance. In my humble opinion, of course.
Hes in EVERYTHING http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Blum

"If you're thinking about self-destructing, let me give you one piece of advice: it hurts like hell." ~ Heero Yuy
The-Seraphim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #8
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Does that matter?

Old 08-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #9
RogueJedi86

Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
It does. Steve Blum has range, which means he's intentionally doing that voice for the Bounty Hunter. Plus he has skill at what he does which means he can do emotion and stuff. He's done the whole vocal range from Grunt to a Daffy Duck type voice(not Daffy Duck himself, don't know the character's name).

"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > News > Republic Holonet > Bevy of Updates to the Official Site Today