lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars the Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition PC Aspyr Patch v 1.2
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
Zwier Zak

Thumbs up Star Wars the Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition PC Aspyr Patch v 1.2

There's a 1.2 patch up. Though you wont find it on the main site.

Go here for europe:

http://support.aspyr.com/index.php/kb/article/000767

and here for north america:

http://support.aspyr.com/index.php/kb/article/000764

The game runs much smoother now.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2010, 02:06 AM   #2
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Nice to see they're still supporting the game...

Quote:
This is a new patch for the PC version of the game. It is recommended for all PC users.

Changelist is as follows:
# Added Version number update in launcher.
# Rogue Jedi's tunic is now visible during gameplay.
# Emperor's arms are now visible during gameplay.
# Fixed parts of the "Dark Lord's Armor" from continually bouncing.
# DMM performance increase.
# General performance increase on all supported configurations.
Do you need both patches to get all the benefits? I see this patch is 414 mb.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
Zwier Zak

No just the 1.2 patch
Old 04-18-2010, 10:45 AM   #4
jedimike2234
Rookie

I wanted to ask were the memory leaks aka slowdowns fixed? Ialready uninstalled the game,going to have to reinstall this again to try it out,but basically the memory leaks were just annoying to say the least.
jedimike2234 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
Zwier Zak

Well I can tell you that It's a lot faster on my system but my gc is not supported so even with that I get slow downs. You would just need to take a look for your self,
Old 04-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
Kurgan
Headhunter

Thumbs up Star Wars the Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition PC Aspyr Patch v 1.2

A new patch is out! I still don't have the game, so I can't test it, but apparently it builds on what the previous patch had.

This thread begins with some posts moved from the other patch thread. Feel free to discuss it here!

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Old 04-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #7
jedimike2234
Rookie

Thank you for the info ,Zwier Zak,yeah ill have to try it for myself. I mean for me,the only problem i had was the memory leaks ,im playing for an hour or so and bam that slowdown would happen for no reason,but im also glad they decided to do another patch,i really didnt think they would do one.
jedimike2234 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #8
Zwier Zak

After playing the whole game again with the new patch I must say I'm glad they made a new one. But some of the problems are still there.

Sound lags
Crashes when changing a costume
The Emperors hands still randomly vanish
Random crashes overall

So there is still room for 1.3
Old 04-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #9
Kurgan
Headhunter

Well, be sure to make your complaints known to LucasArts and Aspyr media. Post on their forums and send them (civilized) email. Since it's been more than four months since the release, I imagine they may be pulling the plug on any further development at this time, unless customers continue to apply the pressure...

Old 06-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #10
Master-Kyle-Leeson09
Rookie

Patching is enough?

I'm considering whether to get TFU or Ultimate Sith Edition. The PC reviews stated most of the computers had performance difficulties even if they exceeded the system requirements.

Browsing these TFU forums showed me the patches for both those games. If there's anyone here who's got the patches for both, mind you, both games, I'd like to know if either game is worth getting. I don't know if the patches fixed the game well--and I don't want to buy TFU or Ultimate Sith Edition unless their fans here can swear that if I meet the game's requirements and get the patches, they'll run well.

Thanks for the input!
Master-Kyle-Leeson09 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #11
Kurgan
Headhunter

As far as the PC is concerned, there is only ONE GAME.

Star Wars: the Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition.

The patches that are out, are for that version.

It's only the consoles that have both versions of the game on the same platform (at least in the case of the PS3 and Xbox360).

All "Ultimate Sith Edition" is, is The Force Unleashed, with some bonus content added (Tatooine, Hoth, Jedi Temple, and a bunch of alternate player models and costumes). "USE" is an extended version of "TFU" then.

And TFU 2 is coming to PC as well as the other platforms. It's a new game, a sequel, based on the same engine, with some improvements (we're told).

The thing about PC games is that there are so many combinations of hardware and software possible, that it's a little tricky to predict. Sometimes though, games just aren't done efficiently and no system will run them very well (though usually over time, even games that are taxing on hardware will become playable, though not before the company has lost a lot of money from frustrated customers!).

TFU:USE apparently is very playable on what were considered "high end" machines when it came out (I'm talking on the PC of course).

The downside to all versions of this game is that the Framerate is supposed to be capped at 30 Frames per second. So even if you have the fastest computer known to man, you can't get any more FPS than 30. I'm sure people are looking for a way around it, but other games, like Star Wars Battlefront, stuck you with that until an official patch removed it.

But in theory it should be possible to have TFU:USE run as well on the PC as it does the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:55 PM   #12
Master-Kyle-Leeson09
Rookie

Ok Kurgan....can you name some computer models or specs that should run TFU:USE more or less efficiently? It does sound like a better FPS rate won't come unless customers overwhelmingly demand one.

Because it sounds like a computer that came out last year or this year should run USE pretty decently with the patches installed.

Oh, and as a side note, TFU can be bought on Amazon for the PC if I don't want USE--but for all purposes, USE might be a better use of my money. Right?

And thanks for the input.
Master-Kyle-Leeson09 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #13
Kurgan
Headhunter

I think there's some misunderstanding here. There is ONLY ONE GAME ON THE PC, and it's "USE" ("Ultimate Sith Edition" which is just the subtitle of "the Force Unleashed").

If you ever see "The Force Unleashed" discussed for the PC, they're talking about USE, it's the same exact game. You can't get any other version for the PC, they're both the same product.

See, "The Force Unleashed" was a single player game released on a bunch of consoles in late 2008. A lot of PC gamers were upset it wasn't ported to the PC. So 1 year later it got ported to the PC, however at that time, the game was also re-released on the PS3 and Xbox360, identical to how it was before BUT with a few optional side missions added. In other words, it was the same single player experience, but you could play some more levels.

When the original Force Unleashed came out, the basic game had "DLC" (Down Loadable Content) that you had to pay for, but they were bonus levels and bonus skins for use in the single player game.

"USE" is just all the bonus features packaged up with the single player game.

There is no multiplayer (only the Wii version had that).

So if you buy TFU or USE for the PC, it's 100% identical. They are the same game, the same product. There's Only One! So you can stop worrying if one will run better than the other, because there's no "other" game to worry about.

Think of it like a movie. Let's say a movie comes out on VHS. Then let's say it comes out on DVD and it has some deleted scenes that you can watch after the movie. You might ask "where is the DVD version of the movie without the deleted scenes option?" but there isn't one. There's only the one DVD. And when you get the DVD you're watching the same movie as was on the VHS, so you're not missing anything. If you don't want the deleted scenes, don't watch them. Same way with the games.

Understand now, I hope?

Question #2:

As for which computers run the game well...

I can't say because I honestly don't know. My computer is from 2003, so it's way too underpowered to even attempt the game (which I don't yet own). I'm only going by what others have said and what information is available. Hardware (processor, RAM, video card, sound card, game controller) is not the only factor... there's also what drivers you have installed and what operating system.

A lot of games these days are requiring 2 gigs of ram, and some even require 4 gig. If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, at least a gig is taken up by the OS alone, I'm told. Plus the game needs a ton of hard drive space (a ton, in my estimation... I remember when the top games only required maybe a gig of free space plus that much as a swap file, tops).

All I can say is, if you have the recommended system requirements, the latest stable drivers for your video card, sound card, etc. and the recommended controller(s), and sufficient disc space, you should be fine. If not, and problems happen, you should search the Tech support forum here, or go to LucasArts.com and check their support forum and Aspry media (who ported the game to the PC) and check with them. Anything else is beyond us.

If you don't experience any problems, you're lucky. It's not the end of the world if you do.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:22 PM   #14
DarthSlinky
Rookie

Current Game: Starcraft II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Kyle-Leeson09 View Post
Ok Kurgan....can you name some computer models or specs that should run TFU:USE more or less efficiently? It does sound like a better FPS rate won't come unless customers overwhelmingly demand one.

Because it sounds like a computer that came out last year or this year should run USE pretty decently with the patches installed.

Oh, and as a side note, TFU can be bought on Amazon for the PC if I don't want USE--but for all purposes, USE might be a better use of my money. Right?

And thanks for the input.
You can get TFU darn cheap on steam these days. You will need a decent computer to play it:

Intel at 2.8 ghz or above i3 or better (maybe a core duo?) or equivalent AMD (phenom or athlon at 1.8 should do)

2 gigs of RAM

ATI: ATI Radeon HD 2600, 2900, 3650, 3690, 3850, 3870, 4550, 4650, 4770, 4850, 4870, 5890

NVIDIA: NVIDIA GeForce 8600, 8800, 9400, 9500, 9600, 9800, 250, 260, 275, 280, 285, 295

although some other cards work with the new patches

Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.
DarthSlinky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2010, 12:29 PM   #15
Lord Dagron
Rookie

Current Game: TFU , TFU2
Do you have to have a MAC in order to get the USE patch or is there one for the PC ?

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering." Yoda
" You don't know the true nature of the force , I must obey my master" Darth Vader
" And now young Jedi, you will die" The Emperor

Formerly Known As Darth Riddick
Lord Dagron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2010, 09:32 PM   #16
Kurgan
Headhunter

There's a different patch depending on your operating system, iirc. Obviously you want to use the right one.

As for me, I'd never use Steam to buy a game, unless perhaps it was the ONLY way to get it. I'd much rather have the case, booklet and so forth, and a hard copy in my hands that I can run or install/uninstall anytime. Don't tell me that you can't find a used copy for a similar price somewhere.

But yeah, it's an option if you want it, I suppose. I'm more upset by the usage of Steam requiring online activation to use single player games than it being an online marketplace to get a few more people interested in "older" games that might not be otherwise.

Last edited by Kurgan; 08-30-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:37 PM   #17
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Can someone clarify for me if this patch or the 1.1 one fix the cloth simulation? It seems to be turned off...

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #18
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

I've tried both and neither fixed this. As far as I can tell, only a couple of outfits have cloth simulation enabled in the PC version. Some are animated by attaching the cloth to the legs so it at least moves, some are completely static and look absolutely terrible. Chalk it up to developer laziness (damn you, Aspyr, damn you to hell!).
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #19
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
If you have the game installed, can you try this?

Go to the config.xml and change "ClothLevel 0" line to "ClothLevel 1".

Let me know if this makes it work.

Thanks in advance.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #20
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

I don't seem to have that file.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:52 PM   #21
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
It's in the game's directory, in your hard drive.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #22
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

No it's not.

Edit: Nevermind, found it secreted away in the AppData directory. God I hate when applications put their crap all over the system, why can't they keep their stuff in one directory...
Anyway, that seems to have fixed a lot of the outfits on my 1.2 version of the game. Haven't tried them all, but of the ones I have only the Sith robes still have the skirt attached to the legs instead of flowing freely. Thanks for the tip, I think I'll replay the game again, if only to get rid of the nasty aftertaste of TFU2.

Last edited by Sordid Dreams; 11-05-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #23
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Really? Are you sure a file named Config.xml is not in this folder (C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\Aspyr\Star Wars The Force Unleashed)?

Can anyone else confirm this?

Old 11-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #24
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

It is, but that's not the game's directory. See above.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #25
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Great. If you could make a list of outfits (whenever you can) that got fixed with this, I'll be much appreciated.

P.S: It seems the Sith robe's skirt is attached to the legs in the console versions too.

Last edited by Alexrd; 11-05-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #26
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

Oh, so that's working as intended? In that case all the outfits seem to be fixed. Thanks again for this, the static cloth has bothered me for a long time.

Last edited by Sordid Dreams; 11-05-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:22 AM   #27
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
Oh, so that's working as intended?
In this particular costume, yes. However, the cape should flow.

Quote:
In that case all the outfits seem to be fixed. Thanks again for this, the static cloth has bothered me for a long time.
No problem. Glad to help. Thanks for the info and testing.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #28
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

Hm, I seem to be experiencing a lot more crashes with TFU since applying this fix. But it's been some time since I last played it and it's never been very stable to begin with, so this may just be a false impression. Needs verification.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #29
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Hm, I seem to be experiencing a lot more crashes with TFU since applying this fix. But it's been some time since I last played it and it's never been very stable to begin with, so this may just be a false impression. Needs verification.
Well, if your machine doesn't meet the recommended requirements, the game may slow down, since it needs more to run the cloth animation.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #30
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

Did I say that it slows down? I did not. I said it crashes. There is a difference, look it up if you're unclear as to what it is.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:10 AM   #31
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Did I say that it slows down? I did not. I said it crashes. There is a difference, look it up if you're unclear as to what it is.
Could you calm down? A game may crash if it's running too slow. But since you are trying to be hostile in your reply, I'll stop trying to help you.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #32
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

Oh I'm just being condescending back at you. And since your 'help' did me no good whatsoever, I don't really mind that you're going to withold it.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #33
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Oh I'm just being condescending back at you.
Back at me?! When was I condescendent?

Quote:
And since your 'help' did me no good whatsoever, I don't really mind that you're going to withold it.
The hostility is still to be explained.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:37 AM   #34
Kurgan
Headhunter

There's no need to fight here. I think the last thing anybody on these forums wants is for a fellow fan not to be able to enjoy the game they enjoy.

Did you get your problems sorted out? Further problems with the game not addressed by the patches or suggestions made so far, should be addressed to LucasArts and/or Aspry media. Though of course we'd love to here what worked and what didn't!

Old 12-10-2010, 06:32 AM   #35
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader

Current Game: DJ Starscream
Veteran Modder Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
wow. ive seen this happen before....not pretty at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoalie35 View Post
I wish I had some Combustable Lemons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =purifier View Post
Granted, but you accidently get blown up with that lemony smell and the
Pine-Sol woman appears out of nowhere and says: "That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby. "
HockeyGoalie35 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2010, 09:54 AM   #36
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
There's no need to fight here.
I agree. Never understood why did he became so hostile, specially when I only tried to help, but whatever... I won't waste anymore time helping those who don't want to...

Old 12-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #37
Mandalorian Mercenary
Rookie

"Use the force, Alexrd!"

"If at first you don't succeed, hire a mercenary to do the job for you. At least they'll get it done right."
Mandalorian Mercenary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #38
anarki999
Lurker

Can anyone help me? I didn't install my game on C: coz it don't have enough space. I installed on another hard drrive. Then the patch say Software not found. Is there any solution?
anarki999 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #39
Kurgan
Headhunter

Did you ever figure it out anarki999?

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Secret Apprentice's Logs > Star Wars the Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition PC Aspyr Patch v 1.2