lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Nirriven: Divided We Fall!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #41
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Current Game: Dragon Age II
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
((Perdante's bonding will be postponed. She's meant for another, I feel...!))

THE VEILED FOREST, PERDANTE'S CAMP

After seeing the clear logic of Jenna's point, the former Paragon nodded vigorously. "Of course! Then, if and when the time comes for me to bond my thread of life to another, I shall bring him or her my full strength and power, not my shame and weakness. So be it. I wish to rebel against Faren Mageslayer, not only because I now have a sworn vendetta against my opponent in the Duel of the Fates, but because he also seems far more dangerous than I ever thought! My good mage? Is there any chance that I...could combine my fighting skill..." She paused for a moment. "...with the power you used to drive away the bear? If it turns out that Faren's axe, Palach, has a mind of its own, then perhaps I could use that mysterious ability to turn it away from whomever it's attacking." She arched a curious eyebrow. "Do you think you might be able to train me?" Perdante crossed her fingers...

THE EASTERN PLAINS, REMOTE CAMPSITE

Four peasants, who had gone out hunting for a week's time, had experienced a turn of ill fortune. Not only had they not caught any deer or bears, but the most they could hope to bring home to their families was a sack full of rabbits each. This was not a good sign, with the Eastern Plains in the beginning of a recurring summer drought! To compound matters, the tinder that they'd managed to gather up for their evening meal's campfire was so dry that the flames quickly reared high and began to roar out of control. "Help!" they cried.

Suddenly, one of the peasants remembered an arcane incantation that he had seen a mage, an Elementalist, do once as part of a festival in his home village. "Lyod, moroz, upast'!" he shouted. Immediately, ice crystals cascaded out from beneath his fingernails and rained down upon the raging fire. Within a few minutes, it had gone out, and his remaining three comrades cheered! The man himself looked dazed and shocked.

"How did you learn how to DO that?" one cried, his eyes full of fear.

The man replied, "I...I don't know. It was just something I saw a mage do."

"You're a sinner!" cried a nearby female voice. "You called upon wicked arts!"

Before the peasants knew what was truly happening, the members of the Knights Opaque, with Ser Dathrace and Ser Anithrelle at their head, had clapped all four of them in irons. The man who had cast the spell now wore an X of grease painted upon his forehead, and his three comrades? They were to be thrown in prison as accomplices to a sorcerer--if they confessed. If not, then they would also be burnt for such a transgression, along with obstructing the Kyng's justice. All of them marched on into the night, with the Knights Opaque being glad that they could finally return home to the Kyng's Court. They were all incredibly tired, and they had claimed their victory prize.

THE CITY OF STORMRISE, KYNG'S COURT, KYNG'S CHAMBERS

"Who--who are you?" the dying Kyng Varhad asked Faren Mageslayer.

"It's me. Faren. Your lieutenant?" the Dwarf asked with an amused smile.

"Oh! Excuse me for not recognizing your face. You'd think I...think I would remember the only Dwarf at Court for miles around." He and Faren laughed.

"Your Highness," continued the berserker, "have you heard about the mages?"

"The Healers? Yes. How are they doing? Have they found a cure for me yet?"

"I'm not talking about the Healers," replied Faren, "and they have not. I'm talking about the Elementalists and Inceptors, who have been terrorizing our people with their craft. I've recruited and sent out a band of Knights Opaque to hunt them." He smiled again. "Hopefully, that pleases Your Majesty."

"Oh, aye. Aye, it does. I've heard so many stories..." The Kyng trailed off.

"Well, you'll be hearing them no more. Not when my Knights are through..."

Last edited by Tysyacha; 07-29-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Tysyacha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #42
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

((Sorry, time for another Faren Mageslayer scene...))

CITY OF STORMRISE, KYNG'S COURT, PALACE CATACOMBS

"Come now, Palach. Be reasonable. You can't be asking me to do that..."

Faren blinked his eyes and shook his head. He was talking to an axe, of all the blasted-fool things! An inanimate object. Nevertheless, this inanimate object was not as lifeless as it seemed. The dread spirit of Kyng Varhad's father's executioner was imbued into Faren's weapon, and it wanted revenge against the Kyng's son. Palach, the brutal headsman who had taken the life of Kyng Lanhareid, had been found out and put to death by Varhad as his first order of business as heir to the throne. It was Palach the Headsman who had formed the conspiracy against Varhad's father, and the poor fool, now lying on his own deathbed, had believed the spirit of his father's betrayer had been put to rest. However, Palach had made a pact with a certain young Dwarf berserker. It was restless, yearning for the taste of royal blood. If it could not have Varhad, then it wanted either Faren or that other one, along with all of the souls who opposed Faren and supported the dying Kyng.

I am. I have made you strong, Faren Mageslayer. You were first-round Duel fodder when I first met you, a weakling stained with cowardice and reeking of sweat and dirty underclothes! As soon as you found me, a discarded weapon among those that were going to be sent to the forge and molten down, I spoke to you. I promised you matchless power, and gave it to you. Do you think you can change the rules of the game, right in the middle? I think not. We've made a bargain, and unless you fulfill it, Dwarf, you will perish.

"But to lose so much! To feast not upon meat and ale, but souls..."

That is what I've wanted all along. That is what I've always wanted. The more people that you slay through me--the more people I SLAY--the more powerful I grow. With enough power drawn from the life-essences of those who were weak enough to fall before me, I shall have enough strength to fully and completely inhabit a new body--yours. It is time to enter the second phase of our pact. You shall become a Reaver, and feast upon those you conquer. Thus, you shall transfer their life-force to me, and I, Palach, will rise from the dead through your stump-like Dwarven form!"

"This is sickening." Faren shook his head again. "I won't do it, you scum."

Palach suddenly whirled and sunk itself deep into Faren's chest. He roared.

"I yield! I yield, Undying Headsman! Heal this wound, and I shall reave!"

A jolt of electricity cauterized Faren's gash, and Palach inhabited his flesh as well as the axe Faren wielded. From weapon to guts, the Headsman's power flowed. Both were stronger, yet weaker. No matter. Faren would feast very soon upon powerful mages...
Old 07-30-2010, 01:35 AM   #43
Alkonium

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
The Veiled Forest
"I'm no expert, but if his axe is sentient, it'll likely be too intelligent to be affected by such a basic spell. You'd have to render it inert and mundane if you want to stop it." Athra pointed out. "Even that would likely prove difficult. I think it would be best if we sought out Ser Jaymes before we figure anything else out."

The Eastern Plains, Road to Stormrise

Unfortunately, for the Knights Opaque, they had grown tired in their search, and were unprepared for the trap set by the Blue Knights. Dressed in all black, rather than their typical blue regalia, Ser Jaymes poured oil onto the road, thick enough to stop the Knights Opaque's caravan, but too thin for it to be visible. Once they slipped on it, Ser Alistair tossed a couple of smoke bombs at the the group, blinding those not already unconscious. Ser Erina then made her way into the commotion, and spotting the captive peasants, pried open the irons, and led the four of them out, telling them, "Come with us if you want to live."

By the time Ser Dathrace and Ser Anithrelle came to, it was too late, and neither the peasants or their saviours were anywhere to be found.

The Eastern Plains, Lindaren

After the Blue Knights had been established, Ser Jaymes felt it appropriate to reclaim Lindaren, and make use of it as another base, more secluded and more fortified than the
Abandoned Watchtower they also used.

The four peasants were still in shock, but they gladly accepted this oddly well furnished ruin over the . They saw their mysterious rescuers conversing. "Well done, we have just turned the Knights Opaque's first victory into their first defeat." The man who appeared to be their leader said before turning to them.

"You're probably wondering who we are and why we brought you here, and you have a right to know. My name is Ser Jaymes Caran, Commander of the Blue Knights. We brought you here, to Lindaren, because unlike the Knights Opaque, we understand that magick can be a force for good or for evil, and we aim to save those undeserving, like yourselves, from their clutches. If we had not intervened, you would likely be dead by now." Ser Jaymes explained. Then, Ser Erina stepped forward.

"You'll be safe here, and you're free to leave whenever you feel you can avoid the Knights Opaque, and free to stay as long as you need to." She told them.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #44
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

CITY OF STORMRISE, KYNG'S COURT

Faren Mageslayer didn't know whether to laugh or cry. His Knights Opaque had proven to be pathetic in the truest sense of the word. Not only had they failed to capture any Elementalists or Inceptors, but they had also fallen victim to a clever trap set by none other than Ser Jaymes, the Knight he had just banished! No wonder Palach had suddenly grown ravenous by the time Ser Dathrace, Ser Anithrelle, Ser Hanric, and Ser Thorn had finished telling their master of the midnight defeat on the Eastern Plains. Thanks to the Mageslayer's sentient axeblade, they were all now minus their heads...

Faren discovered that feeding had utterly sated and exhausted him. He felt marvelous, better than he had in many a year, and certainly better than he had before he ventured to fight in the first round in the Duel of the Fates! Still, he also felt like he was going to vomit. Eating four human souls at once had glutted his appetite. Palach, however, seemed like its own craving was being whetted, not dulled. It wanted more, but it would have to wait. In the meantime, Faren had to recruit some better warriors if he was going to win against that blasted, stinking, rotten cur who had outsmarted him!

That was why he chose The Four, a band of comrades who were so cold and ruthless that they even made the most cunning nobles at Court quiver. Kyng Varhad had threatened to exile them many a time, but their martial prowess was only surpassed by Faren's rage--and his axe. This time, there would be no defeat. If the Four failed, they would die, just as the Knights Opaque had.

Their given names had been long forgotten, as they had chosen to adopt the monikers of Korol', Dama, Lad'ya, and Alfil. Korol' and Alfil were male, and the others female. However, rumor had it that the women were just as merciless as the men. Only Lad'ya still had some doubts about the secret, underhanded games of sabotage, espionage, and murder in which she had often played. The others considered her a neophyte, but she was learning very quickly.

"My rules are simple, you Four: bring Elementalists and Inceptors to me in chains. If you do not, and you dare to return empty-handed, you perish."

The Four nodded. They would set out at dawn, for the sake of not only the Kyngdom but their own lives as well. The stakes were that perilous...

"Would you mind if we slept first?" asked Perdante, smirking wryly. "I, for one, need a good night's rest from my injuries. That bear packed quite a wallop..."
Old 07-30-2010, 11:54 PM   #45
Alkonium

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
As soon as Perdante asked, Athra knocked on the nearest tree trunks surrounding the group, checking to make sure none of them were actually sentient and hostile, and then she checked the ground for any other animal tracks, just to make sure nothing would try to eat them in the night. When she was done, she stated, "This spot's safe. We'll leave for Lindaren in the morning."

Old 08-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #46
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Morning dawned clear and cold in the Veiled Forest. Perdante arose early to bathe in a nearby pond, which was not the same reservoir of the water she drank. After scrubbing herself vigorously with sand and soapweed that could be plucked from the pond's banks, she dressed anew in her leather armor and waited for the others to awaken. Last night's campfire was now a white pile of ashes. She smiled. Perhaps this is a good omen as our revolt begins...

THE CITY OF STORMRISE, KYNG'S COURT

"Korol'?"

"Present."

"Dama?"

"Present."

"Alfil?"

"Present."

"Lad'ya?"

"I'm present, Ser Mageslayer."

"Good. You are the Four, servants of our noble Kyng Varhad Poryvym himself, and I am his lieutenant. Through obeying my commands, you obey your lord and master in this mortal realm. You know your task: locate and apprehend any and all Inceptors and Elementalists. They practice wicked forms of magick, and I would prefer it if you captured them alive. However, if these rogue mages turn their arts against you, you have every right to defend yourself." Faren raised a scornful eyebrow. "Do you know your roles?"

"Prime warrior," replied Korol'.

"Lieutenant," added Alfil.

"Healer," Dama said. She was a mage who despised her "sinful" counterparts.

"Distraction." Lad'ya, being a roguish bard, smiled with a twinkle in her eye.

"Excellent. Go forth and succeed. It is the only way any of you shall live."

The Four saluted the Mageslayer and then ventured into the Eastern Plains.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:44 AM   #47
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
Roleplayer 
Chiron leaned back on a tree watching over the group as they slept. Even in slumber the solids amazed him. He found it rather peaceful when night fell. There was hardly any noise except for the few creatures which he quite enjoyed listening to. He had already napped most of the day anyway so he didn't mind staying up all night on guard duty.

When he did notice the sun pop up he got up from his spot and went to do some hunting. He figured the group would be hungry by the time they got up, so he wanted to be ready. Besides he found that eating was one of his favorite things to do after observing a solid do it. Unsure of what each group member liked, he decided to gather a variety of things. He was fortunate enough to hunt a deer, catch two fish, and gather some berries.

Chiron returned to where he had left the group. He found a large leaf and placed the berries down on it. He had already skinned the deer so all he had to do was cook it. Chiron's version of cooking was burn it until he was satisfied. He was working on the second fish when he heard a noise. He looked up to find Perdante.

"Greetings Perdante," he whispered waving to her. "You're just in time, I just finished with this fish." he added in.
Cyborg Ninja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2010, 02:04 PM   #48
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
((Whew I go away for a week end and am left behind lol))

Jenna looked at Perdante with an inquisitive eye. She was right in supposing that this warrior could become stronger. She could deduce that she had a good mind but to learn Inception was another matter. Right now there was too much anger. She replied, "What you wish to learn requires time and practice in the basics. I can teach you Elementals, how to move and think with them. We have a long journey ahead and time enough. Will you accept?" She held her hand out towarsd Perdante.

Jenna also managed to give a look to Athra that said, I will teach you too but only if you are willing. It was her way of apologizing to her daughter for leaving her. Out loud she said, "There may be a chance that we will find a magickal weapon that would be willing to be your partner."

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #49
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

"I accept," the warrior replied, shaking Jenna's hand firmly. "I think we'll be stronger standing together than alone. Besides, if Faren Mageslayer's axe is indeed sentient, I might need assistance from such a weapon." She smiled and tried to laugh, but her attempt at snickering fell rather flat. For one thing, she knew how dangerous such a weapon could be, and for two, she knew how dangerous Faren Mageslayer was. Neither was really a laughing matter.

"How much ground can we cover before sunset?" she asked. "Also, where do you believe Ser Jaymes is headquartered? Do you think he'll be anywhere near us?"
Old 08-02-2010, 10:41 PM   #50
Shana
Future Trophy Wife

Current Game: League of Legends
Roleplayer 
Alaire was somewhat shocked that Chiron the Umbral was so excited to meet a reaver. Considering Chiron's nature, it was indeed odd that someone like him could actually find it fascinating to meet one such as her. But she wasn't about to attack him in anyway, not since she had decided to quit the habit of absorbing souls if she could avoid it.

They had all gone to sleep and she had kept her eyes closed. But she never really slept anymore. Her subconscious mind would visit moments in her life of extreme horror for her. It was as if she could see herself from outside as she tore and slashed through her enemies and watched powerless as she fed from the souls of her fallen foes. It didn't matter how much she screamed to herself to stop, she couldn't even will herself to wake.

She envied how Larissa was able to sleep on her lap so easily, so calmly. She watched from the corner of her eye as Perdante and Chiron and soon Janna exchanged words. Janna told her about elementalism and about getting her a sentient weapon.

"Not to disrespect you master mage", Alaire said focusing a bit in sounding more open towards the elven mage. "... but this whole sentient weapon business. Don't you agree at least in some point that Faren actually cheated into bringing down miss Perdante? He had help, and nobody knew about it, at least it's what it seems. So if he indeed cheated, it means that miss Perdante didn't actually loose to Faren, she did not lose to the one who challenged her but another who forcefully intervened. I guess that what I'm trying to get at is, don't you think that she'd be cheating herself if she went and got a weapon similar to Faren? If you teach her elementalism it's fine, it's her own power and skill that would grow, I feel being dependent on something such as a sentient weapon, in her position would not favor her in the long run. I'm just saying it though... mages are known to be wiser so, I was just voicing an opinion".

Alaire noticed she had spoken the longest she had in a long time. But she somehow felt like she could speak her mind around all these people.

Formerly known as "Miracle"

No puedo olvidarte
sacarte de mi
respiro, no puedo
me ahoga mirarte,
pensarte
sal de mi piel...

Belinda - Sal de mi piel
Shana is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #51
Alkonium

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"I don't know where Ser Jaymes is now, but the ruin of Lindaren is a good place to start. And I agree with Alaire. Using a sentient weapon is dangerous and dishonest. On the other hand, it gives us another option. If we could prove that Palach is sentient, the Court would have to strip Faren of his title, and reverse any rulings by him or because of him, but I don't know who it would go to: you, his opponent in the Duel of the Fates, or Ser Jaymes, his immediate subordinate." Athra explained, turning to her mother. "I'd be happy to learn from you. We should get going; the sooner we reach Lindaren, the better."

Old 08-04-2010, 03:14 AM   #52
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Chiron got up on his feet and cracked his neck. The constant talk of the axe known as Palach was beginning to bore him. He could have spoken up on the matter but he decided against it. He had a solution in his head but he wanted to see if Perdante would be truly worthy of it. He wanted to see exactly what she was capable of before he would think about risking his own life. For the time being he would voice his opinion on Elementalism.

"Oh being an Elementalist is so much fun," he said joyfully while he ignited his right hand with fire. "I can help you teach them Jenna if you'd like," he added in.

He then turned his attention back to Alaire. He still wanted to know more about her, why she became a reaver, and what it feels like to be one. He decided he would save those questions for another time. In the mean time he decided to ask her if she too wanted any training seeing that everyone else was.

"What about you Alaire, would you like to be trained too?"
Old 08-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #53
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

"I suppose we should move out, then, and set off for Lindaren. I agree with you, Athra," she continued, "that the sooner we move, the better. The Fates only know how sick I am of this forest already! 'Veiled,' indeed! One needs eyes in the back of one's head in order to spot all the hidden creatures and ferocious beasts that are lurking around the corner! Also," she said, a cloud of doubt and suspicion cloaking her own blue eyes, "I suspect Faren has soldiers working for him who are going to be hunting people like us when they're not hunting mages." She shook her head. "Honestly. I don't understand why he thinks that other types of mages besides Healers are wicked. Inceptors? Perhaps, if they use their powers to control others' minds in order to increase their own power. However, Elementalists? I don't really see the connection between their magick and evil."

THE EASTERN PLAINS, CRUMBLING TOWER

"Are you sure this is the place?" asked Dama. "The Elementalists' hideout?"

"Aye. Mages hole themselves up in some drafty old tower like rabbits burrow deep into the ground whenever they're frightened. It's an instinct with them. If you look closely, you can even see sooty bricks and remains of hoarfrost near the highest windows. Those are fresh hallmarks of their sorcery, for sure. Hopefully, we'll catch them practicing, and then all four of us can be eyewitnesses to the fact that they all need to be burned at the stake--in the Creator's name, of course," he added. "We sneak in as quietly as possible and then storm the main halls."

"But, what if it's empty?" asked Lad'ya. "Won't that have been a waste?"

"Silence! If it's empty, then we'll just move on. However, we have to try and investigate. If we don't, then we'll be betraying our Master and King."

The other three out of the Four nodded and moved in closer to the tower.

Last edited by Tysyacha; 08-04-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #54
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
"Lindarin is a good place to start," Jenna agreed. It was a good thing that she didn't mention that her own sword was something of a partner to her. She wasn't particularly willing to divulge the circumstances that came about to her obtaining such a sword. "However we should wait until dawn is about to break. The bear that Perdante encountered is not the only thing that becomes bold at night."

Jenna shifted position that allowed the markings on her staff to become evident though it was not her intention to. "Of course if you wish to travel at night I won't stop you. Just only take heed of my warning. We will meet up with Ser James soon enough. History is never kind to those that try to hurry it."

Old 08-05-2010, 12:16 AM   #55
Shana
Future Trophy Wife

Roleplayer 
Alaire was actually surprised to hear that Janna had actually agreed with her. Maybe the elven mage wasn't as bad as she thought she was. Maybe not all elves were bad, and it seemed that Janna, having a half elf as a daughter, was more open towards this race mix than the average elf. She grinned mostly to herself only slightly and then turned to Chiron who asked her if she wanted to learn as well as Perdante.

"Me? Elementalism? I don't know, I mean, I hardly know anything about magic, I probably would slow down miss Perdante's training, I... don't know if I'd be any good", Alaire said. She wasn't confident about magic because she had zero training in it, but she did need to change something, even more so if she wanted to leave her reaver days behind her.

No puedo olvidarte
sacarte de mi
respiro, no puedo
me ahoga mirarte,
pensarte
sal de mi piel...

Belinda - Sal de mi piel
Old 08-06-2010, 11:52 PM   #56
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

THE VEILED FOREST, EN ROUTE TO THE RUIN OF LINDAREN

"To be honest, I don't know if I'll be any good, either," Perdante replied, giving Alaire a small, rueful smile. "You see, when I lost the Duel of the Fates and fled into exile afterwards, I found that I'd lost my powers. I can't cast the Paragon auras that I used to--ones for courage, swiftness, alacrity, and so on. It's all gone now, and I don't know if that's because my hidden mind is simply refusing to remember them or that Faren's axe, Palach, had something to do with it. If you would, Alaire," she continued, "please tell me: How does one become a Reaver? Not that I'm interested, of course," she said quickly, "but I'm assuming one doesn't wake up in the morning and say, 'I'm going to feast upon souls instead of bread and butter today.' Aye?" The young warrior paused briefly. "You don't have to answer me if you don't want to, but I am morbidly fascinated." When she said this, the sun passed under a cloud...

THE EASTERN PLAINS, NOT FAR FROM THE RUIN OF LINDAREN

"Blast it!" Korol' had endured enough. Today, more than any other day of the entire year, had convinced him that Faren Mageslayer was a complete idiot. If he wanted sorcerers slain, then why didn't he himself go out and do the slaying? It was simply unfair to delegate such a wild-goose-chase to others while he got to stay by the Kyng's side, whispering Creator-knew-what lies into his listening ears! "Not only was that infernal tower utterly empty of mages, but I also got bat droppings all over my armor!" Korol' was entirely "put out", as the saying went. "How about the rest of you? Did you dodge them?"

"No," replied Dama.

"No," grumbled Alfil.

"Negative," sighed Lad'ya. "We all had our clothing soiled, so shut your trap!"

"That's enough, Lad'ya," Korol' snapped. "Now, listen, all of you: We know this isn't working. Our 'master', or so he likes to call himself, is a complete fool. He's sent us out on this errand to hunt mages, and have we found any? NO! It's absolutely ridiculous. That's why I propose we follow a different strategy: disobeying orders and making sure that Ser Jaymes, whom he's banished from the Court, hasn't had time to rally his pet nobles and plot a revolt against him. I propose we go to Lindaren and see if the old tower's occupied. If it is..."

Dama smiled cold-bloodedly. "If it is--off with their heads!"

Alfil concurred. "They will roll, and if we had spikes, we'd hoist them high!"

Lad'ya said nothing. She was thinking of how on earth she could overpower one of Ser Jaymes' followers, or even the good Knight himself. Being a rogue, she could certainly backstab, but would she be able to sneak behind him?

"Then it's settled. Off to Lindaren, and off with their heads!" Korol' shouted.

The Four marched on, driven by a new purpose now, mad and ruthless.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:00 PM   #57
Alkonium

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
(@JM12: It was already morning.)

Old 08-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #58
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Chiron looked up an noticed the sun passed under a cloud when Perdante had asked Alaire about being Reaver. He suddenly became excited again seeing it as an opportunity to ask his questions as well. He looked over at Alaire again and did his best not to jump up and down with excitement.

"Oh yes, please enlighten us. What made you wish to become a reaver?" He paused for a few seconds. "If it helps I'll answer any question you have for me," he added in trying to get Alaire to talk.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:13 AM   #59
Shana
Future Trophy Wife

Roleplayer 
Alaire was beginning to feel uncomfortable by the sudden interest of both Perdante and Chiron on her because she was a reaver. Perhaps she should have never mentioned her former job. But it was going to come out sooner or later once they got to the Kyngdom. Alaire simply took a breath and looked away from them.

"To become a reaver, all you need is to be consumed by hate. Most of us when we started, we had a deep hate for someone and that someone usually became our first. For me, my first was my entire home village", Alaire said as she looked down, her eyes were beginning to tear. "I had been discriminated, insulted, looked down upon and abused ever since I was a small child in the elven village I grew up in only because of the mix of my blood. When my village was attacked by soldiers, one reaver took me from the hell I was in and put me in another but this time giving me a purpose, a focus. I learned to harness the souls of my enemies for power, to feed on their life as I became stronger and stronger. But the price got too terrible, too heavy to bear. I went back to my rebuilt village, I found most of the people there that used to abuse me, seeing their happy faces, watching them not even remember the half elf girl who once lived like a pig in the horse stable. I snapped. I killed every single one of them, man, woman and child and after that I became second lieutenant. But the voices in my head became louder and louder until all I could hear was them and I couldn't get them out and so I fled".

Alaire's tears began running down her face and she cleaned them up as soon as she felt them.

"I can still hear them, in my sleep, awake... always", Alaire said.

No puedo olvidarte
sacarte de mi
respiro, no puedo
me ahoga mirarte,
pensarte
sal de mi piel...

Belinda - Sal de mi piel
Old 08-09-2010, 01:34 AM   #60
Cyborg Ninja
Neither Enemy Nor Friend

Roleplayer 
Though Chiron was not a master of solid emotion he was able to tell that Alaire was sad. At the very least she sounded regretful of what she had done. Either way he found himself walking over to Alaire and doing something no Umbral would ever dare to do; touch a solid.

Chiron put his arm around the half elf and looked over at her. While he too was ridiculed by his fellow Umbral and called "Odd" or "Freak" by his peers, he didn't have it nearly as bad as she had described.

"You know you and I have more in common than I thought. Obviously most Umbral look down upon this world you have here like we're some type of superior race. They saw me as different for I dared to question the Umbral way. I much like you was unique and sadly all entities fear such things. You need to be proud of what you are not hate it." He put his arm down and shifted in front of her. "Though if you regret what you've become then reconsider what I offered you. You have my word that I will do all I can to teach you, or at the very least help you find something else. What do you say?" he asked holding out his right hand.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:48 PM   #61
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

((My bad))

Jenna looked up at the morning sun. "At least a red sun has not risen." She then looked at her companions and listened to Alaire about becoming a reaver. When she got to the part about the massacre, she softly told Alaire, "One never does forget especially when dealing death. It does stay with you as well as other painful decisions."

She began walking eastward towards the Eastern Plains. Using her staff as a walking stick, she trudged the trails with her companions. Along the way, she began teaching Perdante and Athra basics in Elements. "The Elements are the basic blocks of life. Without them, life cannot exist. To be able to learn each element's secrets requires a focused mind. The old masters say it takes a lifetime to learn all four. I would say that you should learn the basics and specialize in one since you are human."

Old 08-11-2010, 12:03 AM   #62
Shana
Future Trophy Wife

Roleplayer 
Alaire looked at Chiron. He definitely made sense, and since she was looking for a new path, maybe this was the opportunity she needed.

"Alright, I will try it. I do need something else in my life and just moping around about my past is only going to hold me down right?", Alaire said a little bit more optimistically. Larissa jumped in excitement as if she was relieved to see Alaire was finally moving forward. Alaire then looked at Janna as she passed by her and spoke words of truth. She nodded, the elven mage was right. Now she had to live with the choices she had made and maybe try to atone for what she had done. And so with new determination she stepped forward, following her new companions to wherever fate would lead them.

No puedo olvidarte
sacarte de mi
respiro, no puedo
me ahoga mirarte,
pensarte
sal de mi piel...

Belinda - Sal de mi piel
Old 08-11-2010, 12:35 AM   #63
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

THE VEILED FOREST, TOWARD THE RUINS OF LINDAREN

The cloud that had suddenly darkened the skies of Nirriven rolled with thunder. "Oh, dear," Perdante mused. "Chiron? Jenna? Could you please do something about that, perhaps? I don't want it to storm, because we have a long way to go and I don't see any shelter nearby." She cast a wary gaze around the forest. All she could see were trees and more trees--terrible places in a thunderstorm. She instinctively drew closer to Larissa, hoping that the wolf wouldn't growl.

All of a sudden, lightning struck with an actinic-violet flash, and Perdante was knocked flat to the ground, lying supine. Was she dead? Hardly! A deep state of unconsciousness had overcome her, however. Also, her weapons, Ychec and Makht...oddly enough, they were keeping her alive, both fully electrified...
Old 08-12-2010, 06:04 PM   #64
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Jenna noticed the clouds and was prepared to ask air and water to be kind. She said out loud, "I cannot ask what should happen naturally to not happen. But I can ask it to be kind and wait for us to build a shelter."

She had spoken too soon for lightning flashed the sky and struck the ground. She looked around and saw that Perdante was on the ground and her weapons charged. She rushed to Perdante's side and kneeled in a meditative pose, her staff lying beside her. "Rain of fire with earthen winds I call upon thee and ask for your aide. Guide me through that which is unknown."

Old 08-18-2010, 12:38 AM   #65
Alkonium

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"There's no need for shelter. I can see Lindaren from here." Athra pointed out, pulling out a spyglass and taking a closer look at the old stronghold, spotting four individuals approaching it. Based on their aggressive stances, they did not seem to be friends of the Blue Knights, though the very basic apparel suggested that they intended a surprise attack. Best give them a warning shot, or a diversion. She thought, as she let an arrow fly, just grazing the leader of the group,

Old 08-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #66
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Korol' swore as the arrow grazed him, with a foul word spewing forth from his noble mouth that would not even come from the lowest of peasants in Nirriven! Nevertheless, he signaled the rest of the Four forward: "CHAAAAAARGE!"

And charge they did. Almost with a berserker's fury infecting them, they fled into the deeper parts of the Veiled Forest, from whence the arrow had come.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:43 PM   #67
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Jenna was not aware of what was going on. Rather she was concentrated on finding out and helping Perdante on what may be a magickal journey. She found herself in a swirl of fog indicating that she was in a subconscious. Jenna took a deep breath knowing that if she were to go further, she would need to be careful. Minds were personal and she couldn't force her way in unless the owner was willing though technically she could with Inception. Sighing, she looked around for an indication that Perdante was active in her mind. She saw her but it looked as if Perdante were lost herself.

Jenna wondered if this was a journey of sorts. It didn't matter though for she had to guide the way for Perdante but ultimately it was Perdante who made the decision. She strode up to Perdante and said, "Do not be frightened. There is a reason you are in this state and I will help you find a way.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:30 AM   #68
Alkonium

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Berserker's Fury makes one powerful and dangerous. Some say an enraged berserker can cleave a grown man in half while he's still standing. But as Athra and Ser Jaymes knew, Berserker's Fury also makes one stupid, reckless, and predictable. With a little bit of calculation, she was able to pin Korol's leg with a single shot. The others continued to charge, but they were halted not by Athra's group, or the Blue Knights, but by Archers bearing the Thunder-and-Stone crest of Thunderkeep, after Athra had heard a regal sounding male voice shout, "Archers! Let fly!"

When the dust cleared, the Four were unconscious, but alive, and Athra approached the leader of the group from Thunderkeep.

"You have our thanks, and I'm sure sure Ser Jaymes will thank you as well when he realised what could have just happened." She told him. "We were glad to be of assistance. I am Ard Eagan Ivar of Thunderkeep. Who might you be?" Ard Eagan asked.

"Athra Talravin. I assume you're a friend of Ser Jaymes?" Athra inquired. "We were like brothers, growing up in Thunderkeep. We went our separate ways only because of duty. Come, there is much to be discussed, and it is as much for his ears as it is for yours, or your friends' ears."

Old 08-22-2010, 12:40 AM   #69
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

All of a sudden, Perdante moaned slightly, and then opened her eyes. "J-Jenna?" she stammered. "Where am I? Did lightning just strike me? That's the last thing I remember..." She tried to raise herself up, but it seemed as if her whole body had turned to a slimy substance. "I can barely move. This isn't good. We have to get away from here, wherever 'here' is..." She trailed off. Noticing that her two blades, Ychec and Makht, were now electrified, she wondered, "How did THAT happen? More to the point, how did THAT happen without killing me?"
Old 08-23-2010, 12:00 AM   #70
Alkonium

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Noticing Perdante on the ground, Athra stated, "My friend needs help. Something struck her on our way out of the Veiled Forest." As she asked for assistance, Ser Jaymes arrived, along with four other Blue Knights. "Ser Kati, escort the Four to the dungeon, we will deal with them later." He told one of the other Knights. He then approached Perdante, extending his hand. "Remy, take my hand." He told her.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:35 AM   #71
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

"You...you remember me?" gasped Perdante. "The loser of the Duel of the Fates? Oh, for shame..." She blushed deeply, and tears surfaced despite her attempts to hold them back. "Ser Jaymes, I've fled into exile, I've hoped that I would start anew with strangers and live out the rest of my life in peaceful anonymity..." Nevertheless, she held out her hand, and Ser Jaymes helped her rise to her feet.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:23 PM   #72
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Jenna looked at Perdante, "You were lost in a vision realm. For what reason is still a mystery. I called upon the elements to take me to where you were but then you decided to wake up." She then stood up and made to help when Ser Jaymes extended his hand.

Jenna said nothing about his rudeness but listened to the introductions. What had just happened was something of a mystery to most but not her. She picked up Ychec and Makht to examine them but she didn't want to give herself completely away so she put the feelings in magickal memory and handed them back to Perdante. "They are quite alright." Her phrase simply meant that they could discuss it later.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #73
Alkonium

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"Ser Jaymes, this is my mother, Jenna Talravin." Athra explained. "Jenna Talravin? My father often spoke of an Elf Mage by that name. Tell me, did you know a human Inceptor named Rori Caran?" Ser Jaymes asked Jenna, still wondering about the nature of the relationship between his father and the elven mage. Athra recognised what Ser Jaymes was insinuating and thought to herself, Ser Jaymes is my half-brother?

Last edited by Alkonium; 08-25-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #74
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Jenna realized something was about to be revealed when the knight revealed a name that she thought of constantly but hadn't heard in ages. Slowly she replied, "He never considered himself and Inceptor. His greatest talent was in his command of the Elements but he was a great adept. I know this mage you speak of."

Old 08-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #75
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Perdante suddenly felt her heart seize up. She was still clutching Ychec and Makht, which were electrified. The young woman could not bear their newfound power, and so in a fit of convulsions, she breathed her last. It seemed that fate had dealt her a final, glorious blow.

Last edited by Tysyacha; 08-28-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:12 AM   #76
Alkonium

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Lindaren

"He was my father. Before he died, he spoke very often, and very fondly of you." Jaymes elaborated. "I was very young, but my mother suspected something. Did you know he was already married?"

"He was my father too, wasn't he?" Athra finally had the nerve to ask her mother, though saddened by the fact that she could never get to know him, and shocked to discover he was an adulterer. Her thoughts, however, were interrupted by Perdante falling to the floor. Immediately checking for a pulse, she stated, "She's dead."

"She deserved better than this." Ser Jaymes commented. "I hoped she could take Faren's place as the Kyng's Lieutenant."

Stormrise, Faren's Quarters

"You wished to speak to me, Faren?" Edanna Shran asked as she entered the dwarf's quarters.

"Yes. I've been informed that the Four have not only failed us, but they have been captured." Faren explained. "The Blue Knights?" Edanna inquired.

"Not on their own. They were aided by Ard Eagan's men." Faren pointed out. "I can see the problem. Eagan has considerable influence in the Kyng's Court. Others my follow his example." Edanna surmised.

"Unless we make an example of him. You care little for Seaguard, do you not?" Faren asked. "Of course, why?" Edanna replied.

"A Barinor such as Seaguard is so small, and unworthy of a woman such as yourself. Would you not prefer to be Ardess of Thunderkeep, especially if it means taking it from Ard Eagan by force?" Faren suggested.

"You know me too well, Faren." Edanna replied.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:31 AM   #77
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Jenna realized some things herself. Slowly she answered, "When he came to me with other young men, I didn't notice anything about him except his potential. So great it was that over other potentials I chose him." It was a good beginning to start with. "The first month required that he be cut off from everything familiar in order to better be in tune with his powers."

Jenna looked away for a moment not sure if she should say anything else but her daughter had asked her a question that needed to be answered. She had spent too many years wondering and regretting her decisions regarding the girl before her. She looked at her daughter and said, "We loved each other. When he left me, he left me with a gift."

At the sound of Perdante falling, Jenna huddled by Perdante's side. She knew that she was dead and she had hoped that she had the strength to tame Ychec and Makht. The journey had barely begun and already a companion was lost. She whispered in old Elvish a blessing of farewell before collecting the electrified weapons. They would have to be placed under safekeeping in a special vault or just the sheer power they radiated alone would affect innocents. She sheathed them and wrapped them in a special cloak which she strapped to her back.

She stood up looking at her companions, her daughter especially. She said, "She was a good warrior and could have been a Lieutenant and ruled after the king. We can still carry out that plan. If we unite, one of us can lay down the challenge."

Old 08-31-2010, 08:57 PM   #78
Alkonium

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
"I might be able to help with that. A healer from Thunderkeep was helping tend to the Kyng, and under my instructions, he searched Varhad's quarters for anything that might help us understand his illness. He found an unidentified substance around the cork on a half-finished cask of the Kyng's wine." Ard Eagan explained, with two of his men carrying the aforementioned cask of wine towards the group.

"It shouldn't be too difficult to identify. Ser Alten is an expert on poultices and poisons, including many no surfacer has even heard of." Ser Jaymes suggested. Athra got a bit nervous at the mention of Ser Alten. She liked him, despite his being moderately antisocial, but he was a Dark Elf, and she had doubts about how her mother might react. Sure, Ser Erina was an Elf and she had no problem with him, but she was also a Blue Knight, who prided themselves on tolerance and acceptance of others.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:05 AM   #79
Shana
Future Trophy Wife

Roleplayer 
Alaire could do nothing but watch. It was amazing to see that the one that had probably been the strongest of the Kyngdom at one point, had been reduced to nothing and to deal one final blow on her unfortunate fate, she died before Alaire's eyes, not being able to fulfill her wish for justice.

"I think we owe it to her in some way. To bring Faren to justice. To expose him as the fraude that he is", Alaire said as she knelt beside Perdante's body. "Rest in peace warrior of justice. May your soul finally find the peace it deserves".

She had not uttered these words ever before. She had only heard such prayers from the elves that lived in her village. The one she had butchered and fed on it's souls.

"If you still want to carry out the original plan. I am with you all the way", Alaire said with the greatest conviction and determination she was able to muster.

No puedo olvidarte
sacarte de mi
respiro, no puedo
me ahoga mirarte,
pensarte
sal de mi piel...

Belinda - Sal de mi piel
Old 09-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #80
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

"So we are speaking of poison. A treacherous act if the perpetrator is caught," Jenna replied.

Ser Jaymes made his suggestion of Ser Alten being made to identify the substance. She was surprised to hear of him again. They had never gotten along as children and he seemed to resent the fact that she learned Elementals and Inception and took that knowledge outside the Elves. A long time of resentment but that was not the time for it. She replied to the suggestion, "Ser Alten does know more about poultices and the like. In fact he was better at healing than I was." It was a generous comment since their master had told them they were both exceptional in their own ways.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Nirriven: Divided We Fall!