lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Overrated Garbage
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #121
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Overrated(but not garbage): Splitting previous posters sentences into fragments to argue points that aren't there

allow me to illustrate(in a jesting fashion of course):

NO!

I call this variation of the old Force Long Post Inception Syle Posting(TM), namely the adding of unnecessary layers or dimensions that do not actually need to exist

Quote:
the idea that everyone was entitled to an opinion was not in question.
Given the nature of this place is to be a sounding board for the sharing of these, how could it ever be in question?!

I was just hoping people could be more constructive in their criticism than has been offered at times. Those who furnish a table of Bioware's storylines summarised to demonstrate their commonalities are merely stating something which I'm sure most people already know.

There is antecedent and commonality in a lot of things. They obviously must have changed enough to make it acceptable to people, otherwise it simply would not sell.

I like how this thread has panned out though - it started off as a general rant thread, but the 'garbage' part has since fallen to the wayside and people are now discussing the pitfalls of debating subjective topics - which is what this all boils down to - and of course has no endpoint!

mtfbwya

Moderator note [08-20-2010 05:54 PM]

Even in jest (which I hope that was) that type of example is unacceptable. As a member of the staff you should hold yourself to a higher standard than that. Flamebait is flamebait no matter how you dress it up.

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by mimartin; 08-20-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #122
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Point taken mimartin!

On reflection, I could have demonstrated my point with a slightly less controversial funneh * !

I must stop posting at 7.32am, some 25 hours after last waking up

mtfbwya

* It was not "funneh" at all, regardless of how long one has been awaken... - D3

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #123
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
It is the Socratic method that annoys you? Well, remember that it is a method, a game, and there are obvious fallacies when you can get your head out of the spinning web. Just look for the analogical leaps that do a twist or a backflip...

Of course, Astro, I am sure you are fully aware of such things

Overrated Garbage:

1) Recyclable plastic/glass/paper : Despite the raging class war in the garbage world, recyclables and non need to recognize that they are still all just garbage. Unity!

2) U2 - The Joshua Tree. I am a U2 fan, I cannot stand the album, to me it was a total sell-out, and every song sounds the same.

3) Comcast - Despite their new Excellent Customer Service Guarantee advertised in tv and radio spots, they cannot execute or guarantee anything excellent, let alone average. There advertised speeds are also nonsense, although they are generally per-pricepoint faster than uVerse.

4) Chicken - I am bored with it! Down with the chicken.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2010, 11:20 PM   #124
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
U2 - The Joshua Tree. I am a U2 fan, I cannot stand the album, to me it was a total sell-out, and every song sounds the same.
I dunno... The Joshua Tree is nothing compared to what they've been releasing recently.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2010, 01:20 AM   #125
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
i like that one lick the edge plays now

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2010, 02:13 AM   #126
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
------------- The Twilight Saga ------------
All the girls who say they love these films only ever say it for jacob or edward anyway. i hate the films and its been the most fangirl-y series ive ever seen. Robert Pattinson should die in Bin Laden's cave.
-------------Coke--------------------------
GODDAMIT PEPSI IS BETTER!
-------------Blu-Ray-----------------------
Well..I own a PS3 so I own blu-ray anyway but ive seen a blu ray film..and it may be my eyes or somethin, but I don't see the difference between that and a HD DVD..
-------------Cheryl Cole--------------------
Dunno how it works in USA..but here in england, she's every guys dream gal. personally, i prefer Beyonce....
-------------The X Factor/American Idol-----
My god! we get it Simon! You like finding new talent! Go Home! I don't even know how you can judge singers when you signed the teletubbies! I mean, come on!

I leave you all with one message

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2010, 02:36 AM   #127
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taak Farst View Post
-------------Coke--------------------------
GODDAMIT PEPSI IS BETTER!
Ew, Pepsi

Quote:
-------------Blu-Ray-----------------------
Well..I own a PS3 so I own blu-ray anyway but ive seen a blu ray film..and it may be my eyes or somethin, but I don't see the difference between that and a HD DVD..
Well, when the two (Blu-ray and HD-DVD) were still "at war" they did have their own advantages, however when Blu-ray finally won out due to more studio backing, pretty much all of the awesome features that HD-DVD had that Blu-ray previously did not have are now a part of Blu-ray.

But overall they were both disc formats designed to store HD video... it's just that there were certain features that each format had that were different... most of which didn't matter to most people.

In the end, what's done is done. Blu-ray won out due to more studio backing and the folks who did support HD-DVD at first ended up switching sides... there are format wars going on all the time... though some are more apparent than others. VHS vs Betamax... DIVX vs DVD... Blu-ray vs HD-DVD...

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2010, 03:38 AM   #128
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
Ew, Pepsi

Well, when the two (Blu-ray and HD-DVD) were still "at war" they did have their own advantages, however when Blu-ray finally won out due to more studio backing, pretty much all of the awesome features that HD-DVD had that Blu-ray previously did not have are now a part of Blu-ray.

But overall they were both disc formats designed to store HD video... it's just that there were certain features that each format had that were different... most of which didn't matter to most people.

In the end, what's done is done. Blu-ray won out due to more studio backing and the folks who did support HD-DVD at first ended up switching sides... there are format wars going on all the time... though some are more apparent than others. VHS vs Betamax... DIVX vs DVD... Blu-ray vs HD-DVD...
Don't hate on the pepsi:P

and that explains it, because visually, there is little to no difference

Old 08-22-2010, 03:38 AM   #129
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
TBH the only reason I'd buy a Blu Ray Player is so I can own the Return of the Jedi deleted scene thats been added to the film for the Blu Ray release of the trilogy... and thats only 50 seconds long lol

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2010, 12:21 AM   #130
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
I think Avatar is way overrated.
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2010, 01:06 AM   #131
truJedi
Rookie

beoncey knowels........highly overrated in every regard..

... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2010, 01:46 AM   #132
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by truJedi View Post
Beyoncé Knowles........highly awesome in every regard..
fix'd.

seriously though, which guy wouldnt do "business" with Beyoncé?

Old 08-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #133
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Quote:
fix'd.

you have a point there, but musically she... is pretty much the same as every other pop diva, which translates as crap.

Saivo´s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #134
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
She is a very lucrative property, yes.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Overrated Garbage