lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KOTOR Won't Install...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
xXDarthRidenXx
Lurker

KOTOR Won't Install...

Ok so I'm having trouble installing KOTOR. It has been installed before with no problem. Now however, when i go to install it will get to 31% and say there is an error.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Component Transfer Error

Component: Cabs US
File Group: SWCABS US
File: D:\data2.cab
Error: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
xXDarthRidenXx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Cyclic redundancy checks are usually caused by dirty or damaged discs. Check for smudges, thumbprints, etc, and clean with a soft cloth. If there are deep scratches you may have to invest in a replacement.

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
FerroIgnus
Lurker

I'm having the same problem, I think, with brand new discs. Crashed somewhere about that percentage or a bit higher on disk 2 and claims it needs something on disc 1 but never asks to put it in, just crashes.

Edit: C:\...\SWKotOR2\Movies\MalMov12.bik error message is: WerFault.exe - Wrong Volume, "The wrong volume is in the drive. Please insert volume KOTOR2_1 into drive D:." Options are Cancel, Try Again, Continue. If I insert disc 1 and hit try again or continue, it all reverts to the desktop and all progress is lost.

Last edited by RedHawke; 09-18-2010 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Combined DP...
FerroIgnus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
If your disks are doing that in a pristine condition then you either have bad disks or a bad optical drive. Try installing on a different machine. If you get the same error, then you most likely have bad disks and you should contact either the vendor you bought them from or Lucasarts and exchange them. If it installs fine on the other machine, then you probably have a bad drive that you'll need to replace. Don't worry; optical drives are pretty cheap.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2010, 09:37 PM   #5
FerroIgnus
Lurker

Drive's doing well for everything else, so, must be the discs.

Argh. If only it was on Steam!
FerroIgnus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > The Work Bench > KOTOR Won't Install...