lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Next AC Installment to star Ezio
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #1
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
Next AC Installment to star Ezio

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=231616

discuss!

Last edited by Taak Farst; 06-04-2010 at 01:24 AM.
Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Intresting. Ive just started AC2 and thought for AC3 they would have made a jump into another interesting period in history like England during the reign of Elizabeth I/Henry or France during the reign of Napoleon.

What I was really frightened of is that the story would catch up to Desmond and be entirely set in a modern environment. But for it to stay in the Renaissance...what a delight! Perhaps they had so much to cover in this part of the story that they've cut it in two?

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2010, 01:02 AM   #3
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
They just want another game with Ezio so he can start his gay courtship of Leonardo.

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2010, 02:12 AM   #4
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Did I just read the word "multiplayer"? And a Christmas '10 release? It'll be interesting to see if they can properly implement that in the short time they've given themselves. If they can, I can see nothing but good things following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post
They just want another game with Ezio so he can start his gay courtship of Leonardo.
You can't say you didn't feel like a jackass when you didn't hug poor Leo.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2010, 02:37 AM   #5
True_Avery
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7 View Post
What I was really frightened of is that the story would catch up to Desmond and be entirely set in a modern environment. But for it to stay in the Renaissance...what a delight!
Running around in a modern city would be fun as hell though!

Although, considering Desmond now basically has Ezios abilities I bet we'll be seeing a cross section of modern and renaissance era.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2010, 03:08 AM   #6
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
Running around in a modern city would be fun as hell though!
There's so many other games that do that! The Historical setting is one of ACs unique features. I'd rather read the database entry for the Basilica San Marco than the 7-11 near Times Square

I'd really have liked AC to have gone back in time to the Roman Era.

or how about a AC MMO where you can jump to different eras to take out nefarious characters/organisations 1 mission youre in Victorian London, the Next in Ancient Rome...

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 03-05-2010, 03:31 AM   #7
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
There's one problem they'll need to figure out with Assassin's Creed set in modern times... how would they solve the problem about Desmond using his new found assassin skills against people with guns and other modern weapons? He'd have to go Metal Gear for that kinda thing.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2010, 03:43 AM   #8
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I was kinda looking forward to having a new character to play as in the next AC game, but I suppose being Ezio again will be fine. He did get a little old towards the end of ACII, though, so I wonder what sort of time span the next installment would cover.

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2010, 04:13 AM   #9
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
Disappointing. I wanted AC3 to be in a different time period with a different character. :/

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2010, 04:39 AM   #10
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Diablo III RoS (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Since it's not officially confirmed as, or named AC3, I suspect this game will be something like the Altair Chronicles game (which I didn't play) - a standalone expansion. We'll have to wait a few more years for the actual AC3.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2010, 05:53 AM   #11
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Intresting. Ive just started AC2 and thought for AC3 they would have made a jump into another interesting period in history like England during the reign of Elizabeth I/Henry or France during the reign of Napoleon.
While I personally love that suggestion, and was secretly hoping for something like that, i'm just as happy for it to stay in the Renaissance.

But still, I was looking forward to playing a different character and time period.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2010, 06:20 AM   #12
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
There's one problem they'll need to figure out with Assassin's Creed set in modern times... how would they solve the problem about Desmond using his new found assassin skills against people with guns and other modern weapons? He'd have to go Metal Gear for that kinda thing.
Spoiler warning... It was already retarded as it was in ACII when the Templar's attacked Desmond at the end, curious decision by them to employ stun sticks. The popular argument being that they didn't want to kill Desmond, but I would still think a few dudes with tranquilizer darts would have been more effective than a damn electric pole **** fest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman View Post
Since it's not officially confirmed as, or named AC3, I suspect this game will be something like the Altair Chronicles game (which I didn't play) - a standalone expansion. We'll have to wait a few more years for the actual AC3.
I'm pretty sure you're correct on this being more of an expansion and not AC3. I actually remember reading about Ubi wanting to introduce a multi-player aspect with Ezio a while back and it mentioned that it wasn't going to be AC3 exactly.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2010, 07:25 AM   #13
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
It wouldn't surprise me as I've downloaded the multiplayer ACII iPhone game when it was free (haven't played it yet), so it does seem logical actually that this is indeed just an expansion with mp introduced.

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2010, 08:59 AM   #14
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
The article says they are just guessing that it is AC3 but I think they are wrong, pretty sure we've heard Ubisoft talk about a new game with Ezio that has multiplayer and it was not AC3. I fully expect AC3 to have a new character in a new time period and will be disappointed if it doesn't.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #15
Spadille
Rookie

Current Game: Saint's Row
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
The article says they are just guessing that it is AC3 but I think they are wrong, pretty sure we've heard Ubisoft talk about a new game with Ezio that has multiplayer and it was not AC3. I fully expect AC3 to have a new character in a new time period and will be disappointed if it doesn't.
Yeah, I heard something about it not being AC3 but more of a continuation of AC2 over at IGN.com

I'll try and find the article

EDIT: ''On January 13, 2010, Ubisoft revealed that a new game, tentatively titled Assassin's Creed II Episodes (working title), would be released sometime between April 2010 and March 2011. While not an expansion pack to Assassin's Creed II, this game will again feature Ezio Auditore da Firenze, and will include a new online multiplayer mode (justified in the game's story). It has been confirmed that most of the game will take place in Rome, where the heart of the facility for the Templar Order is working.'' from Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin_Creed_II
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/057/057512.html

Last edited by Spadille; 03-05-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Spadille is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #16
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
^ So they're just milking the series a bit more. There's still hope for those hoping to see a new ancestor and especially, new places and eras.

Though another assassin forerunner? Desmond certainly has a peculiar blood on his veins.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #17
Revan 411
Forumite

This is not Assassin's Creed 3. Its just simply an expansion to Assassin's Creed 2 that's temporally titled ''Assassin's Creed: Episodes.'' I don't think Assassin's Creed 3 is coming out till 2011.

And whats up with all the negative hate for this installment? I think its awesome that we get to once again play as Ezio and run around in Rome. During the Renaissance period.

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #18
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan 411 View Post
And whats up with all the negative hate for this installment? I think its awesome that we get to once again play as Ezio and run around in Rome. During the Renaissance period.
I didn't see any hate on the thread. Just people wishing that the franchise would keep up advancing on time and changing characters and locations.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #19
Rake
Rookie

Hmmm, to be honest, I'm kinda done with Ezio. I loved the character, and liked him a lot more than Altair, but I just feel like Ezio's story is over and it's time to move on to a new protagonist.
Rake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #20
Revan 411
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
I didn't see any hate on the thread. Just people wishing that the franchise would keep up advancing on time and changing characters and locations.
Heh, yeah. But I generally think that Ezio is actually better then Altair. Better character development, better attitude and you can relate to Ezio. Something that I found hard with Altair. He's a cool character but when you think about it, he's just simply another Assassin. A minion who does all of his boss's dirty work. Ezio, on the other-hand, is more characteristic and evolves as the plot progress's.

As for advancing on time and changing NPC's and locations, I would have to argue with that. We barely saw any Niccolò Machiavelli, Caterina Sforza and Savonarola. I realize that these three characters are in a DLC pack but I can't download DLC from my Xbox 360 due to not having any Microsoft Points.

Show spoiler

Contra to everybody else, I'm actually happy the next game will continue Ezio's story as I can't think of anything else that will fit. Plus -- its only an expansion pack. (Despite what the Article says.) The real, actual Assassin's Creed 3 hasn't been announced for a release date so... we might be getting new material for that.

Last edited by Revan 411; 03-05-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:24 AM   #21
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

An expansion pack that is at a full price point better be pretty.......expansive !

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 06-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #22
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Ive bumped this rather than start a new thread as this seems to be about what the OP report refers to.

AC Brotherhood (more AC 2.5 than AC3) has been officially announced a little while ago

Ezio is back, Rome features prominently and there seems to be a multiplayer element.

Quote:
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood offers a never-before-seen multiplayer layer. Players can help the Templars by using Abstergo to train in the art of Assassination to eliminate the Assassins once and for all. Players can choose from a wide range of unique characters, each with their own signature weapons and assassination techniques, and match their skills against other players from all over the world in different game modes.
There will be an open MP beta soon with the game to be on display at E3 later this month.

There is also a new site which includes clues about new weapons that will be available in the game.

It is unkown what timeframe the actual AC3 will be set .... as much as I would love it to be set during the French Revolution...they will probably have it in a modern setting to wrap up the Desmond Story??

time will tell

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 06-03-2010, 01:57 PM   #23
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
Quote:
It is unkown what timeframe the actual AC3 will be set .... as much as I would love it to be set during the French Revolution...they will probably have it in a modern setting to wrap up the Desmond Story??
Why have it set in the knock-off revolution when you can have it in the original? 1688 or bust.

Sorry, Darathy

StarWarsKnights.com -- News and features will be returning shortly...

I 'gin to be a-weary of the sun,
And wish the estate o' the world were now undone.
Pavlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2010, 05:22 PM   #24
Revan 411
Forumite

Well, I definitely know that I'll be buying this game; regardless of how much money it will cost, and how much positive, or negative reviews stream in. I'm also glad that that Ezio is returning, as I thought he was a good character actually, one of the best video game protagonists ever.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:54 PM   #25
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan 411 View Post
Well, I definitely know that I'll be buying this game; regardless of how much money it will cost, and how much positive, or negative reviews stream in.
It was just the ubi DRM on pc that got some peoples noses out of joint, the actual game itself has received positive reviews across all platforms.

The sales for AC2 across all platforms have exceeded 9 million copies, which Im quite sure guarantees AC3.

Even though ubi's DRM has been worked around(as opposed to hacked), the PC sales themselves havent proven as dismal a failure as people were predicting. That being said, I do hope the advent of MP will see them be a bit more lax on the SP online verification requirements - this is just because I'd like as many people as possible to have the chance to play this unique game.

If you would like to know a bit more about the history behind the era in AC2, click the funny looking logo in my sig and check out Aprils article

@Pavlos - do you really find the Glorious Revolution more exciting than Le Terror?

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 06-04-2010, 01:24 AM   #26
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
i love the snippets of previews we have had for brotherhood so far. I can't wait to see if there will be something at E3 - it would be very strange if there wasn't

MODERATOR: If you could, could a mod please change the thread title to "Next AC Installment to star Ezio" or something along those lines, seen as this isnt AC3? My mistake

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2010, 02:41 AM   #27
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Maybe AC3 will be in Egypt - http://pc.ign.com/articles/109/1094504p1.html
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2010, 06:01 AM   #28
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Quote:
@Pavlos - do you really find the Glorious Revolution more exciting than Le Terror?
I was being churlish; but our revolution was still better than the French one >_>.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:00 AM   #29
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
seems to be a comic book concept.

As for the game, as far as Desmond's story goes - If they needed to start further back in time they surely would have done that in AC1?

Anyway, there's no point speculating really... we'll find out when the devs are ready to tell us

Until then, I can't wait to let Ezio loose in Rome! I'd love to climb to the top of St Peters' Dome but it wasn't finished at that time.. In AC2 it was shown as under construction in the late 1400s when Ezio gets there - about 100 years out of whack, but anyway....

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 06-04-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:11 AM   #30
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I still think they missed a trick by not making AC2 set somewhere around Sengoku to Edo period Japan, as was rumoured before the official unveiling. Seems the perfect setting for an assassin. I guess there may be a slim chance of it happening for AC3, but it seems to me that it would be a long-shot.

Quote:
seems to be a comic book concept.
Yes, that would be my guess, but I thought I'd post it regardless.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #31
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
... but it seems to me that it would be a long-shot.....
The AC series seems to deal with influential periods of Western History that have shaped the Western World.... The Crusades, The Renaissance... The French Revolution sits in nicely as next in line.

As cool as that whole Feudal Japan genre is.... it just doesnt fit in with this series. The greatest impact the Far East is having on the West is in the here and now - definitely not 500 years ago.....not even 50 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlos
but our revolution was still better than the French one >_>
William of Orange looks worried on that oversized horse! That is not an equestrian painting to show off to to chicks with.. THIS IS!
Show spoiler

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 06-04-2010, 08:37 AM   #32
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Looks like he's not wearing any pants.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:41 AM   #33
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Looks like he's not wearing any pants.
lolz.. he probably wasn't underneath if that is any consolation

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 06-15-2010, 04:19 AM   #34
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

I'm loving the E3 cinematic for Brotherhood. Looks like theyre in the final year of Rodrigo Borgia's Papacy(1503). By this time, his son Cesare was becoming a dominant and highly corrupt force. Borgia died in 1503 from a terrible illness which made his body... "the ugliest, most monstrous and horrible dead body that was ever seen, without any form or likeness of humanity" I wonder how they'll work that into the game

View page
YouTube Video

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 06-15-2010 at 05:05 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:04 AM   #35
igyman
Tension!

Looks very good. I'm guessing the reason they switched to the final years of Borgia's papacy is to allow Ezio to eventually kill him and still fit the story in with the history books. Only one thing I found strange in this trailer - Ezio's outfit looks much simpler than his AC2 outfit. That and he kept that annoying beard.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:09 AM   #36
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman View Post
That and he kept that annoying beard.
Being clean shaven during the Renaissance was reserved for ladies

edit: check out some gameplay footage from the E3 Presentations. Mildly spoilerific so don't watch it if you prefer to experience the whole story during the game when released in November.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...s-creed/101399

Love the Colosseum bit at the end... awesome

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 06-15-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #37
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Not the most subtle of assassinations, it must be said...

Oh and, Astro, 1688 is still better

Old 06-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #38
igyman
Tension!

Quote:
Being clean shaven during the Renaissance was reserved for ladies

Quote:
edit: check out some gameplay footage from the E3 Presentations.
Looks great, though I can't help but feel pissed that the Borgias will destroy Monteriggioni after all the trouble I went through to rebuild it in AC2.

Also, poor Mario.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #39
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Loved the cinematic trailer, though weird for Assassins to attack head on. But it did put the emphasis on the brotherhood. Saw some fun moments in the gameplay trailer, hope they have lots of those.

I'm a bit worried about it's release date being so early, but I don't mind the return to Ezio. The Renaissance has enough to offer and I still have some things to settle with Rodrigo. And I can't wait to climb the Colosseum and the Pantheon.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #40
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Having carpal tunnels & a flat ass after just finishing playing AC 2 for 4 days straight (or close to it). All I can really add to the thread is.

Want.

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Next AC Installment to star Ezio