lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: help installing on intel mac
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-14-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
yoshiboo
Lurker

help installing on intel mac

hi all, thanks in advance. is it possible to install jedi academy on an intel mac? everytime i try, the first disk installs fine, but when trying to install the second the preparing to install window pops up and then it just hangs.
yoshiboo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshiboo View Post
hi all, thanks in advance. is it possible to install jedi academy on an intel mac? everytime i try, the first disk installs fine, but when trying to install the second the preparing to install window pops up and then it just hangs.
I am assuming you are installing on Mac OS X (as opposed to Windows in Bootcamp)? Have you installed it before? While there is a universal binary patch that is for *after* the install ...

Dopelar effect (n.) The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
txa1265 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
yoshiboo
Lurker

yes, Mac OS X. i have not installed it before, as i can only install disc 1. i have encountered on the web many others who have had the same problem, so im not sure if it can be fixed
Old 09-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshiboo View Post
yes, Mac OS X. i have not installed it before, as i can only install disc 1. i have encountered on the web many others who have had the same problem, so im not sure if it can be fixed
You can try to copy the disc to am image, which will tell you if it is a bad disc or not.

Dopelar effect (n.) The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
yoshiboo
Lurker

thanks mate, but no luck
Old 09-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #6
yoshiboo
Lurker

ive been looking at the mac emulator mac-on-mac. would this game work on mac-on-mac?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #7
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
I think you'd be better running Parallels and then grabbing Jedi Academy while Steam has the LucasArts mega-sale this week ...

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > help installing on intel mac