lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Game crash
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-25-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
tucker696
Lurker

Game crash

In dark forces 2 when I complete level 18 and press enter to go to the next the game crashes every time and i get a send error message to microsoft. Has anyone else experienced this? If so what can be done to prevent this from happening?
tucker696 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
what OS are you using, whats your computer hardware?

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
tucker696
Lurker

I am running xp pro with 3 G of ram. 3ghz amd processor, and an outdated video card card with 64mb ram. The game had worked flawlessly up to the point where i finish level 18and the stars are awarded and when enter is pressed to go to level 19 that's when the game quits working.

Last edited by tucker696; 08-25-2010 at 11:33 AM. Reason: more info
Old 08-26-2010, 02:26 AM   #4
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
are you running it in compatibility mode for win95 or win98? Also, are you using the -windowgui switch in your shortcut?

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2010, 07:25 AM   #5
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
the fact that you're getting to level 19 before the crash makes me think it's unlikely to be an issue with your computer. it sounds like the crash is happening when the cutscene is trying to load, this could be caused by a faulty disc or installation (i can't remember if JK puts the cutscenes on the computer or loads them off the disc)

check the disc to see if there are any scratches.
try running scandisk and defrag; it's impossible the file it's looking for is in a bad cluster.

if all else fails, then try reinstalling the game (remember to back up your saved game first)
Sivy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2010, 07:42 AM   #6
tucker696
Lurker

I actually started a new game and worked my way back to this point and the game worked just fine. There must be something wrong with the saved game info on the other game i was playing. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Knight / MotS > Game crash