lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Sims: Medieval
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
The Sims: Medieval

View page
YouTube Video

I know the Sims is often looked on with derision by more serious gamers, but I have to admit that this one has me interested - it's nice to see Maxis trying something a little different to their current, tired formula.

So, people, yay or nay?

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
The Sims is weird, it's not something I'll buy, but it is a game that I have urges to play, thankfully for my wallet I've been able to shrug off those urges. This does look neat though still not enough to get me to buy a Sims game, I dunno what would be enough ... XD

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #3
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
That...actually seems quite appealing...

I admit I thought the thread title was a joke at first, but this does look like a nice fresh take on the game - it all got a bit tedious during/after 2. I haven't bought a Sims game in a while (even 2 was played on my sister's computer), but maybe I'll have a look at this in March.

Of course, realistic floor plans of Mediaeval Norman fortifications and Manor houses will be necessary. Just because.

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #4
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
If/when I feel like it, I just buy the bundles when they finally hit bargain bin. And then get all kinds of mods for them.

It's kind of funny to watch Temari of Suna and Samus Aran quarrel over an ice cream.

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2010, 05:37 PM   #5
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Gamespot has a look at the game and proposed features.

I'm liking the idea a little more - definitely worth watching over the next few months. It'll hardly rival more serious games of the varying franchises it's looking to combine, but it's certainly an interesting idea.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #6
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
I got Sims 2 and most of the expansion packs for dirt cheap earlier in the year. Sims 3 looked like nothing better than more of the same, so I passed on it; this one, however, just may be worth looking into - assuming I have a computer capable of running it by March.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #7
Endorenna
Gamer Wanna-be

Current Game: inFamous/Uncharted 2
Hmm...okay, this might be interesting. I've never played a Sims game simply because recreating stuff I see outside every day isn't appealing to me. This, however, could be good.

I'll keep my eye on it.

Chapter 12 of A Soul Adrift is out.

Short stories:
T'katlu: On the planet Felucia, a young apprentice of the Dark Side thinks back to the beginning of her training as she lies in wait for her prey...

All the Time: After four years in the Unknown Regions, the Exile returns to the known galaxy to visit an old enemy.

Broken: A master of the Dark Side finds himself about to lose the one thing he cares about--and he will do anything to stop her from endangering herself.
Endorenna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2010, 02:52 AM   #8
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Hrmm....how are they going to cash in with a bunch of branded DLC in a medieval setting? Did Ikea have a medieval store?

Also, I love the fact that a 640x360 video can get labelled as HD.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > The Sims: Medieval