lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [Help] Creating Undefeatable Super Hard Bot for Jediknight 3: Jedi Academy
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-30-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
jinkazama2k7
Lurker

[Help] Creating Undefeatable Super Hard Bot for Jediknight 3: Jedi Academy

Guys i wanna create a bot that is more human and undefeatable or expert one in mp but i do not know how to create.. can someone post a tutorial for jkb file? or any scripts..
jinkazama2k7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

Yeah..it's not that simple.
You'd need a programmer or two. AI isn't easy to write.

You're not the first to think of this, and it hasn't been done in the 7+ years the game has been out..
Bots have been improved for team games like CTF, Siege, etc but eh..I don't think you'll get your wish of a human-like bot. In a complex game like Jedi Academy, writing that sort of AI is near impossible. It's just not realistic and I don't think anyone is going to spend the time on it.
-=*Raz0r*=- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2010, 01:58 AM   #3
jinkazama2k7
Lurker

hmmn.. i know it! i observe that whenever I spawn the bot that i created in MP to SP the bot act like human and its hard to defeat.. try to play jediknight single player and make sure you activate the cheat. Then type npc spawn alora. just observe when alora spawn she is like a human that is hard to defeat. I wish that i can make a bot like that.
jinkazama2k7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2010, 06:21 AM   #4
-=*Raz0r*=-
Rookie

Bots are not NPC's. They have entirely different path-finding and combat systems.
In MP, the AI is harshly broken and stripped out. I'm rewriting it from scratch for my zombie mod, and I can tell you it's no small task.

If you don't know C programming, you're a few years away from being able to write AI, let alone AI that acts like a human. :/
-=*Raz0r*=- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > [Help] Creating Undefeatable Super Hard Bot for Jediknight 3: Jedi Academy