lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mass Effect 3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #481
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
spoiler:
Cerberus made a deal with the Reapers.

It said it somewhere on the BW forums.
I set my ps3 on arrival and left it running until the timer ran out. and at the end is a brief video of different flashes. I slowed it down and it was interesting. One little glimpse includes Ash, Mordin, I can't remember who else...but also the Illusive Man, walking alongside. It looked like it was one of those "lets have one last goodbye and then face the **** to come" type epic moments.

Given that the Illusive Man is part of that, I assume he
spoiler:
Left Cerberus. Because of above; and became, not a squadmate probably, maybe, but an ally of some kind. Don't see why he wouldn't make a good squaddie though.

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #482
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
@ Taak: He can just stand/sit there and smoke and the enemies will die of lung cancer from second hand smoke...

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2011, 11:50 PM   #483
Liverandbacon
I'm only worth a piano?

Forum Veteran LF Jester Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
I was thinking more for male Shepards that wanted the chance for a round with a razor sharp keratin plated meat trap.
While a losing cutscene showing all life being destroyed by the Reapers because Shepard died after a horrible penis shredding incident would be funny, 2011 Bioware isn't about to include a female party member you can't bang without consequences. They even made up some flimsy reason it's possible to get it on with Tali without her getting Space Flu and dying. It would lead to hordes of fanboys crying about it and complaining on the forums.

Hit And Run Poster Extraordinaire
--Too Dumb to Quit--
Liverandbacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2011, 12:30 AM   #484
Primogen

Current Game: The Witcher
Well, Tali -does- get sick as I recall after Shep bones her, she's just taken enough immunoboosters that she doesn't die of it.

The Crown of Albion, an Arthurian Mythology RP
Dark Age of the Republic, a Star Wars RP
Primogen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2011, 08:41 AM   #485
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverandbacon View Post
They even made up some flimsy reason it's possible to get it on with Tali without her getting Space Flu and dying. It would lead to hordes of fanboys crying about it and complaining on the forums.
What rumors have you heard about me? I had something in my eye

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #486
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Confess and come clean, ChAiNz.....we've got the pics.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #487
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Here's a Casey Hudson Twitter roundup.

First off is a comment that relates to what Taak Farst suggested a few posts back. He was asked "It is said that Cerberus is the enemy. Does this mean the Illusive Man is after you? Or is it just Cerberus? Or both?" To which he replied:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hudson
Hm, We'll leave that a mystery for now. A bit into spoiler territory.
Of course that could be just the usual marketing no comment thing and TIM could turn out to be the stereotypical Bioware bad guy, but at least it doesn't shoot down Taak Farst's idea outright. If TIM does turn out to have left though, that would, to my mind, make even less sense why Cerberus would be the enemy. Ah well, I guess time will tell.

A comment concerning LIs:

Quote:
Love interests won't all necessarily be permanent squad members in #ME3 . Interesting new things happening in that area.
Which I guess had to be expected given that half the ME2 LIs are only making cameos in ME3.

In reply to questions about ME3 squad members he said:

Quote:
We have some new (and unannounced) characters that will be cool and quite different from what we've done before.
And when asked specifically if it was just the 5 announced so far (Tali, Garrus, Liara, Ashley/Kaidan, James Vega) he said:

Quote:
Not exactly. More surprises coming on squad members in #ME3
So maybe we'll get Blasto after all?
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #488
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but for anyone who isn't a Bioware Social Forums goer, it's good to check this thread out. It's updated every few days with new ME3 info and it's already packed. Clicky

Old 05-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #489
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Why can't you just retransmit the info here so we can enjoy it in LucasForums? XP

*hypocrite*

lol

Old 05-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #490
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
So apparently ME3 has no new love interest. :/ Clicky

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2011, 04:12 PM   #491
Primogen

Current Game: The Witcher
Good, we've got enough as it is.

The Crown of Albion, an Arthurian Mythology RP
Dark Age of the Republic, a Star Wars RP
Primogen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #492
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by leXX View Post
So apparently ME3 has no new love interest. :/ Clicky
In ME3, Shepard will realize that nobody can match how awesome s/he is, and will just fall in love with him/herself.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #493
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Maybe EDI will invent a Holly Hop Drive and male Shep can cross over to the female Shep-verse.

EDIT: News has come out in the last day or so about same-sex LIs (beyond just Liara) in ME3. Casey Hudson suggested on Twitter that this wasn't a reference to existing LIs, and instead - in a direct contravention of a previous comment he made a day or two before - indicated that these will instead be new LIs.

Last edited by DarthParametric; 05-16-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:48 AM   #494
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
Maybe EDI will invent a Holly Hop Drive and male Shep can cross over to the female Shep-verse.

EDIT: News has come out in the last day or so about same-sex LIs (beyond just Liara) in ME3. Casey Hudson suggested on Twitter that this wasn't a reference to existing LIs, and instead - in a direct contravention of a previous comment he made a day or two before - indicated that these will instead be new LIs.
Wait, it doesn't include existing LI's? And here I was hoping to cheat on Tali with Garrus after cheating on Liara with Tali.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #495
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Speaking of LIs, I was finishing off another ME2 playthrough I've had languishing last week while waiting for The Witcher 2 to unlock. I was compiling all the info for that playthrough to put into a spreadsheet when I decided to do a quick and dirty side-by-side of all my existing characters, just outlining the basics for quick comparison. One of the things that became apparent is that one of my "faithful" playthroughs was the only one to lose any of the Normandy crew. He lost 50%, including Kelly. All of my "faithful" Sheps shagged Kelly, which one of the devs mentioned would be taken into account in ME3 (and possibly LOTSB from what I have heard, although I haven't tried myself that with one of those saves yet). So this Shep cheated, but the partner in question subsequently died. I realised of course that all potential LIs in ME2 could be dead, and that raises the question of what will be the outcome of that particular scenario in ME3? One would assume in instances where both parties are still alive we will see some sort of catfight, but that can't happen if one of them is a corpse (or Human meat paste). I haven't tried that save with LOTSB yet, so I'll have to try that out and see if Liara says anything about Kelly post-death, as that Shep romanced Liara in ME1.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #496
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
All my sheps go with Kelly and Liara's never mentioned it to my main femshep, who was in a romance with Liara... so I'm fairly sure it doesn't impact LotSB. I'll be a bit sad if it does impact ME3 love as well... i only went to bed with her so she would feed my fish
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #497
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

You can just be friends and still get her to feed your fish.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #498
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Can't find the original post because of how terrible the BioWare forums are, but:

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #499
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

10 year veteran! 
Wait, is it April Fool's Day today or something?

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #500
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
The Reapers are destroying the universe, and we have to listen to one of the crew talk about how much they love their fellow man/bird/whatever?

I'm all for choice in video games, and I don't want to sound prejudiced or anything, but this seems a little stupid.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #501
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
In 170 something years I would hope some of same prejudices today would no longer be apparent. Let me guess they are going to stereotype Ashley further by making her homophobic. They should allow same sex coupling without all the hoopla. Guess they missed FalseNews giving them free publicity with FalseNews “Luke Skywalker meets Debbie Does Dallas” reports.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #502
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor View Post
The Reapers are destroying the universe, and we have to listen to one of the crew talk about how much they love their fellow man/bird/whatever?
I think that the issue is not really one of it being inappropriate, many of the greatest works of art have a range and scope of subject matter which on the face of it can seem quite absurd, Dickens's Little Dorrit springs to mind as an example (empire, guilt, love, debt of all sorts, imprisonment, the evils of the state, the inescapable ties of the past, and the nature of narrative).

The problem is that I do not really have the confidence in the ability of BioWare's writing team to tie these things together in any strong or meaningful manner. I have long since suspected that a great many of their creative decisions are carried out according to a check-list of features to be included, their plots and characters glued together from separate parts.

StarWarsKnights.com -- News and features will be returning shortly...

I 'gin to be a-weary of the sun,
And wish the estate o' the world were now undone.
Pavlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #503
leXX
Forum Mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Yes, but will they feed my hamster?

make life bearable.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #504
Salzella
areiK

I already have a homosexual Shepard (well, bisexual but w/e). No need for any hoo-hah about it, though the prospect of Manshep and Kaiden having a heart-to-heart about their long-supressed bromanly feelings for each other does sound fairly fascinating....

@minimartin, two explanations: either a) the writing acts as a metaphor for 21st century problems or b) Bioware have an extremely dim view of the human race. or maybe both of the above.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #505
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

sounds fun. not homaphobic or anything, because I have no issue with it. But i haven't ever played a homosexual character in a game nor would I like to. I TRIED to in DA2 with Anders because I felt maybe it was a good opportunity to get to know my awakening friend more. But I just quit that. Felt weird.

But this might just tempt me.

EDIT: I too, will put forth the same question as leXX. Because, I swear, through 5 playthroughs of ME2, my poor hamster didn't eat once.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #506
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by leXX View Post
Yes, but will they feed my hamster?
I still want a ****ing crazy space shark w/ friggin laser beams on its head for my Normandy 2.0 aquarium.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #507
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
I still want a ****ing crazy space shark w/ friggin laser beams on its head for my Normandy 2.0 aquarium.

Talk to Joker, pretty sure he is the only one that can get that for you.

You must be watching Starz right now.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:58 PM   #508
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlos View Post
The problem is that I do not really have the confidence in the ability of BioWare's writing team to tie these things together in any strong or meaningful manner. I have long since suspected that a great many of their creative decisions are carried out according to a check-list of features to be included, their plots and characters glued together from separate parts.
Yeah, this kind of sounds like a checklist theme to me as well. Also, about as annoying as Shep overhearing a crew member talking about having an abortion and then feeding them the pro-life line or insert any other social causes w/an agenda to be met. Geez, do we get to "accidentally observe" an intimate hetero encounter too?

note: keep in mind I've had femshep pick Liara over Carth, err..Kaidan, in a few playthroughs. I just suspect Pavlos may be right about them handling it tritely.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

Old 05-20-2011, 12:31 AM   #509
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Bioware should just move to Japan and become a eroge developer.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:37 AM   #510
Liverandbacon
I'm only worth a piano?

Forum Veteran LF Jester Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Can't find the original post because of how terrible the BioWare forums are, but:

Guys, it's photoshopped. Calm down.

Also, I'm glad they're adding new characters for homosexual relationships instead of making previously straight characters suddenly and inexplicably turn bi. I can do without incredibly lazy 'everyone is bi' DA2 style character writing.

Hit And Run Poster Extraordinaire
--Too Dumb to Quit--

Last edited by Liverandbacon; 05-20-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Liverandbacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2011, 05:51 AM   #511
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Old 05-20-2011, 10:34 AM   #512
Salzella
areiK

what is this i don't even
Old 05-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #513
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzella View Post
what is this i don't even
Exactly what I thought when I saw it.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #514
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

It is just another variation on that lame Shepard grin picture.

One question, when did Garrus become Australian, mate?
Old 05-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #515
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

The TF2 sniper is supposed to be Australian as I understand it (IIRC from the "Meet the..." videos).

EDIT:

View page
YouTube Video

That's probably how you think Australians sound if you've never actually heard an Australian.

Last edited by DarthParametric; 05-20-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #516
leXX
Forum Mum

Really? I'll never play TF2 Sniper again. @Lynk

make life bearable.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #517
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
It is just another variation on that lame Shepard grin picture.
Yeah, that's what I figured too when I saw it...

Old 05-20-2011, 06:37 PM   #518
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

@ mim and tot: Psh, it's not about the end, it's about the journey

Old 05-21-2011, 01:58 AM   #519
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

The "journey" was fine. Just a shame it ended on such a lame note...

Old 05-21-2011, 03:39 AM   #520
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

It's not the comics fault that you suck

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Mass Effect 3