lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mass Effect 3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #561
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 

sorry if that's been posted already, but that's the Collector's Edition. People were saying they would wait for the reveal of the uber edition, with some item like N7 helmet or something...like Halo Reach legendary or CoD Prestige edition.
However, Chris Priestly said there are NO intentions of making such an edition. I'm disappointed in this because I wanted a really great collector's edition with some replica item to throw my money at, given it's the last in the ME trilogy.

Don't get me wrong though, I like the look of this. One gripe I have is the metal dog. *Cough*DragonAge2Freebies*Cough*

Except it's only a companion on the Normandy. It doesn't help in battle. This disappoints me. Seems worthless.

Still, what ISN'T mentioned is the fact that you get a new costume on the normandy: The N7 Hoodie :3. Shepard, you poser..I was wearing that way before you.

@Everything else. I've enjoyed the gameplay demos, loved the new trailer. I LOVE the look of Shepard's Armour, and the general graphics engine! You can really see the differences in the facial animations sometimes.

But Kinect? Boo...It's just voice recognition anyway, why can't I do that on PC? Or even on my PS3, with the upcoming stereo headset?

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #562
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Then why doesn't he show his non-vegetarian certificate?????
Wagner was a vegetarian. This proves that Hitler was also one.

StarWarsKnights.com -- News and features will be returning shortly...

I 'gin to be a-weary of the sun,
And wish the estate o' the world were now undone.
Pavlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #563
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

If you get the chance, Casey Hudson will be having a Live ME3 walk through and chat at 2pm PST (5pm EST)

http://live-event.ea.com/e3/chat/mass-effect

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2011, 12:32 AM   #564
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Found this gem over at the Codex:

Seems the ME3 team are taking more cues from DA2 than just the Awesome™ combat.

DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2011, 01:58 AM   #565
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

10 year veteran! 
I love the little Shepard head inside the dialogue options!

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2011, 02:03 AM   #566
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post

I'm sorry, I'm just picturing teenagers yelling "Blow me, doc." at their Kinect's whilst their blissfully ignorant mom is cleaning and watching MacGyver on the kitchen TV daydreaming about mullets and handymen. **** I'm getting old.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2011, 06:12 AM   #567
mstr kenobi
Rookie

Quote:

Oh no!!! Bad sign, they are turning the middle line (which used to be professional, laconic) into irony, like DA2.
It worked terribly in DA2, the amount of times i didn't have "my answer" in the options was absolutely ridiculous.

Why would anyone take clues from that abomination of a game???
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #568
stoffe
Mostly dormant

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstr kenobi View Post
Oh no!!! Bad sign, they are turning the middle line (which used to be professional, laconic) into irony, like DA2.
It worked terribly in DA2, the amount of times i didn't have "my answer" in the options was absolutely ridiculous.
On the contrary, the Witty/Joker personality for Hawke was by far my favorite. Made the game much more fun than the regular Good/Paragon type of person.

I liked the dialog wheel in Đragon Age 2, so if they vary the options a bit more in Mass Effect and not just continue with the Lawful Good, Bland, Jerk setup that the previous two games had, it would be an improvement, IMO.

Multiple options that give Paragon / Renegade points would be nice, allowing you to approach situations in different ways while still staying within those rough archetypes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstr kenobi View Post
Why would anyone take clues from that abomination of a game???
Because it was fun?

mt
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #569
Liverandbacon
I'm only worth a piano?

Forum Veteran LF Jester Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
Multiple options that give Paragon / Renegade points would be nice, allowing you to approach situations in different ways while still staying within those rough archetypes.
This. In real life, there's generally more than 3 (nice, boring, jerk) ways of solving a problem. There's more than one degree of niceness or jerkiness, but ME seems to disregard this. In real life, if you see a stray dog, there are many options. In ME, you can either rescue it, raise it, and pay its college tuition, or kick it in the face. There should be a lot more less extreme choices in between, that still grant paragon or renegade points, albeit fewer of them. Even at one level of niceness or jerkiness, there are many different ways to be nice or a jerk.

A few conversations are fine with just 3 options, but in general it'd be better to have far more.

--Too Dumb to Quit--
Liverandbacon is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #570
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverandbacon View Post
A few conversations are fine with just 3 options, but in general it'd be better to have far more.
True, and not as if they don't stand to make a helluva profit on this next one either. So, more lines in the game wouldn't likely be a budget buster.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #571
mstr kenobi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
On the contrary, the Witty/Joker personality for Hawke was by far my favorite. Made the game much more fun than the regular Good/Paragon type of person.

I liked the dialog wheel in Đragon Age 2, so if they vary the options a bit more in Mass Effect and not just continue with the Lawful Good, Bland, Jerk setup that the previous two games had, it would be an improvement, IMO.

Well, I disliked the wheel setup in DA2, it was different from the Mass Effect one in the sense that the middle option was a personality in itself, while in ME the middle option is professional, usually picked when you don't have strong feelings either way about the issue being discussed.
DA2 lacks the professional approach, which in my book was a big failure.

More options would have been better ofcourse, but provided they continue with 3 options scheme i would prefer the default ME layout.

Btw ME has ironic/funny guy options too, they just aren't there all the time and sometimes they are on top sometimes at the bottom, while in DA2 they are always in the middle by default.

About DA2 merits as game lets just agree to disagree

Obs: Looking in the picture again, the top option seems to be the professional one in this situation.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #572
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Why would DA2 have a professional approach? It would make no sense to me because unlike Shepard, Hawke is not a professional. Shepard is a military officer, while the closest Hawke gets to being a professional is being a deserter should you choice to be warrior or rogue. Had DA2 included the professional approach it would have been a big failure in my book.
mimartin is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #573
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6318106...opslot;title;4

Mostly a re-run of what we already know, but some interesting stuff about weapon customization (there you go RPG-botherers ), and a bit more on character customization.

Oh, and about that dialogue thing... a sarky bastard Shepard would just not work. End-of. I prefer being able to be distant in some situations. Hell, now I know most of the options from ME2, the distant/detached option is the I use most often.
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #574
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
A snarky bastard Shep actually works about as well as any other. Just like real people, Shep should have an option to be multifaceted enough to be a big ass as well as level headed, etc... depending on the situation. Playing distant or detached all the way seems too monotonous. Might as well be a geth.......

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

Old 06-10-2011, 12:10 AM   #575
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Seems to me the dialog wheel needs one more default option: the humorous cue could be there, but the neutral must be.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2011, 03:26 AM   #576
mstr kenobi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Why would DA2 have a professional approach? It would make no sense to me because unlike Shepard, Hawke is not a professional. Shepard is a military officer, while the closest Hawke gets to being a professional is being a deserter should you choice to be warrior or rogue. Had DA2 included the professional approach it would have been a big failure in my book.
He is no professional, at least at the start of the game, this changes later, but he might not care either way about the issue.

I just didn't like the forced ironic.
And the ME system has ironic too, you just have to look for it, instead of being the default middle option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
Seems to me the dialog wheel needs one more default option: the humorous cue could be there, but the neutral must be.
My view exactly
Old 06-11-2011, 03:44 AM   #577
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I love how in all the discussion of the combat changes Bioware talks about grenades like they are some revolutionary new feature, rather than one of the numerous things they stripped out after ME1 and are now shamefacedly putting back in. Speaking of combat changes, the rolling around everywhere seems pretty corny. I'm not sold on the melee blade yet, but I did like the stealth kill use of it. It would be nice to see a bit more of that sort of thing as a really viable combat option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman View Post
They didn't show the end of the "Escape from Earth" cinematic, but I'm willing to bet Anderson won't make it.
Apparently in one of the demos a dev said he would remain on Earth. I haven't seen any clarification as to what physical state he is in, but I would guess he will be some sort of resistance leader that you will meet up with for the "final battle". He could still die then of course. Bioware do so love their hamfisted attempts at emotional manipulation after all.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #578
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
Surprised noone posted this yet. Makes me want the live action film instead of the anime movie...

View page
YouTube Video

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2011, 09:09 AM   #579
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
I think everyone just waits for you to post up the news, leXX

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #580
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

10 year veteran! 
Even the Reapers don't bother messing with China.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #581
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Even the Reapers don't bother messing with China.
Attacking Europa first may not be that smart a move. Who really cares about Europe anyway? And chances are, the Chinese are either already building their own Reaper or they're hacking into the Reapers.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #582
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
China doesn't hack anything. They'd send the Reapers a billion spam messages each hour and sign up to the Reapers online forums using their spambots.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #583
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Imagine how much Galaxy of Fantasy gold farming they could do with a hacked Reaper.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:10 PM   #584
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Maybe China is the key to all of this and Shep really didn't need to do anything to begin with...

Old 06-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #585
Salzella
areiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by leXX View Post
Surprised noone posted this yet. Makes me want the live action film instead of the anime movie...

View page
YouTube Video
...brb, need to change my trousers.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #586
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Well, they're two different projects, so we may possibly get both.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #587
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

you never know, that could be an actual clip from the movie, or a "draft", disguised as an ME3 Teaser?

Old 06-15-2011, 08:28 AM   #588
leXX
Forum Mum

Bioware on Mass Effect MMO
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-new-projects/

make life bearable.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #589
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taak Farst View Post
you never know, that could be an actual clip from the movie, or a "draft", disguised as an ME3 Teaser?
It's very likely that the complete marketing film is several minutes long, perhaps even upto 5 or 10. We might see extended/re-edited clips in the rest of the marketing drive.

IRC, I read somewhere that the CG film Square Enix made for Human Revolution's promotion was about 5 minutes long, and was chopped up in various ways for the many trailers.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #590
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Hrmmm...the phrasing there would seem to indicate that either the Reapers are not defeated in ME3, or that in the wake of their invasion and subsequent defeat intergalactic war breaks out amongst the survivors. I would hope the latter is the case, as that would provide a fitting conclusion to Shepard's story arc, yet still leave the door open for future games set in the post-Shepard universe.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #591
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Hrmmm...the phrasing there would seem to indicate that either the Reapers are not defeated in ME3, or that in the wake of their invasion and subsequent defeat intergalactic war breaks out amongst the survivors. I would hope the latter is the case, as that would provide a fitting conclusion to Shepard's story arc, yet still leave the door open for future games set in the post-Shepard universe.
I agree. This trilogy is as much about Shepard as it is about the Reaper threat, and both should be concluded in the third game. The consequences of the Reaper invasion and their defeat should make for interesting stories after that.

Going by the various hints dropped concerning a Mass Effect MMO, it seems they may not be working on it right now, but they really would like to do it. I can't help but sense that they'd be more comfortable with a Mass Effect MMO than the Star Wars MMO they're doing right now. I would've actually preferred that myself.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:16 PM   #592
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Quote:
"Mass Effect 3 is the beginning of a Galactic war. The future's bright." - Dr. Ray

Personally, I ****ing love war, sounds exciting! XD

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Old 06-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #593
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Personally, I ****ing love war, sounds exciting! XD

Old 06-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #594
Salzella
areiK

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/...3-salutes-you/

About flippin' time right enough. Fascinating to see what look they settle on. I'll be chuffed if they stick with the ever-awesome red hair and green eyes combo though.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #595
leXX
Forum Mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzella View Post
http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/...3-salutes-you/

About flippin' time right enough. Fascinating to see what look they settle on. I'll be chuffed if they stick with the ever-awesome red hair and green eyes combo though.
About ****ing time is right.

In other news, Multiplayer has been confirmed. http://www.computerandvideogames.com...line-missions/

make life bearable.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #596
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Shep vs femShep. Meh, sounds an awful lot like the "is Revan/Exile male or female" debate..... Still, I suppose that the femShep fanboys/girls must feel somewhat vindicated in light of this news. Shep is male in my book, but a femShep does allow for a variation in playing styles that's always welcome in these games. Now, if only the Lucas Arts people had been as accomodating about finally making K3.....

Old 06-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #597
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Quote:
In other news, Multiplayer has been confirmed. http://www.computerandvideogames.com...line-missions/
I guess we can expect some kind of multiplayer in the next Dragon Age as well. This obsession of EA with multiplayer I don't like. Some things just don't need it.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #598
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

The announcement of Multiplayer makes me lose faith..

Old 06-16-2011, 09:39 PM   #599
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Fundamentally I don't have a problem with a multi-player component added to the ME universe, but the article made it sound as if they really wanted to stress that it isn't related to the ME3 single player campaign at all. So I guess I'm kind of just wondering why you would even bother tacking it on to ME3 and why not just make it a stand alone title. I wonder if it will be like MGO to MGS4...

Old 06-16-2011, 11:47 PM   #600
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
To me the multiplayer sounds like they're going to be stand alone co-op missions that have nothing to do with Shepard. I can imagine them releasing additional co-op missions via DLC.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Mass Effect 3