lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mass Effect 3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #801
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Will be interesting to see how the combat has changed/been tweaked from #2. Had trouble with the Vanguard class in ME2 (never quite got the hang of the biotic charge thing), but will give that class a go in #3. I see many hours sucked into the Mass Effect black hole in the not too distant future....

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2011, 04:48 AM   #802
Red Hessian

Current Game: Oblivion
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...-effect/724831

I'm surprised I posted this before Chainz.
Red Hessian is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2011, 05:12 AM   #803
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
Reaper vs. Thresher Maw? EPIC OVERLOAD, DOES NOT COMPUTE.
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #804
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Sort of reminds me of the idea of thumpers in Dune. Since it shows up right after Shep activates the console.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

Old 12-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #805
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
Sort of reminds me of the idea of thumpers in Dune. Since it shows up right after Shep activates the console.
It reminded me and sounded like the switch on Tuchanka Shepard kept having to sound off to get Grunt into his clan. We all know how that ended up.

The consequences in ME and ME2

Show spoiler
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #806
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

I was thinking in terms of the scene where the "worms" show up to attack the Emperor's troops near movie's end, esp since the TM/s are attacking your enemiy and not you. As to consequences, I get the impression they were likely more widespread than the planets you encounter them on in the 1st 2 games.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:48 AM   #807
Darth_Calo
Rookie

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Demo Cross-promotion

Apparently, if you play the KoA demo (comes out Jan. 17) you get two items in Mass Effect 3. Playing the Mass Effect 3 Demo (Release Date TBA) gets you items in KoA.

Also, I heard through the grapevine that in Mass Effect 3 you get to keep your weapons at least, and possibly your armour. The Model Ships/Fish however must be reacquired either by finding or buying them, and there may be more Model Ships. Aside from this the stuff we know; Normandy gets a face lift (repainted) and what not. JOKER'S BACK.

Proud of the Six One Seven.
We are Boston. We are strong. We will prevail.
Darth_Calo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2012, 03:02 AM   #808
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
The miniature giant space hamster is back too.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #809
Darth_Calo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
The miniature giant space hamster is back too.
Sweet. maybe this game we can tell him to go for the eyes. Wait do reapers even have eyes?

Proud of the Six One Seven.
We are Boston. We are strong. We will prevail.
Darth_Calo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #810
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Mass Effect 3 - Better with Kinect Trailer.
View page
YouTube Video

"Mass Effect 3: A closer look" - The Washington Post - more on Kinect in ME3.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #811
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
^^^ I wonder if that will be available for the PC version as well, as they are bringing Kinect to PC ( and guess who wants one? ).

Interesting, although it's not that hard to do those things with the existing controls on PC... maybe it is more difficult on a console, I will never know

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #812
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
I don't see why that can't be done with just a mic.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #813
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkonium View Post
Hmmm....

You know, I watched the video, and you are right - the game didn't interact at all RE: gameplay using the camera and player movement. They were all using the 360 controller. So yeah, you're right!

I think it is a nice novelty, I still wonder if it is something that might be brought to the PC version, either via regular microphone or using the ridiculously expensive Kinect for PC ( ~ 300USD). Were it to be implemented via USB mic, something we almost all have in this day of webcams, it would be something I might use...

Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Old 01-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #814
Mr Roboto
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkonium View Post
Because that won't sell kinect devices, silly.
Mr Roboto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #815
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Doubt I'll bother with Kinnect, at least not initially. Will wait and see what kid of consensus evolves w/re to its functionality. On a side note, short of "cheating" by looking at YT or a guide, I guess there will be a fair number of playthroughs required just to resolve the romance angles for Shep. I suspect I'll be primarily preoccupied with this game almost to exclusion of any other through the summer.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #816
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Folks I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

PC World - "Mass Effect 3 Requires Origin, Will Not Debut On Steam"

Time to dust off the 360.

System Requirements
Old 01-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #817
Mr Roboto
Rookie

Which, unfortunately, is the reason I'm not going to be getting a copy of the game. I have a large steam library and don't want to manage multiple clients (especially when they don't offer anything better than what my current client does).
Old 01-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #818
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post

I thought this would be inevitable, as they kinda declared war on Valve using Origin when they had their games taken from Steam.

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #819
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post

System Requirements
Considering the series started out as 360 exclusive, it's probably for the best. (Getting the game on 360, I mean. I am not supporting Origin).

Also, this complaining about Origin is exactly why I made this picture:

Old 01-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #820
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Roboto View Post
Which, unfortunately, is the reason I'm not going to be getting a copy of the game. I have a large steam library and don't want to manage multiple clients (especially when they don't offer anything better than what my current client does).
This. I finally converted to Steam a few months ago and I find it very convenient that all my (recently bought) games are available through one client. That, and the pervasive nature of the Origin client is a definite turnoff.

I could go with the PS3 version, but I want to be able to have my choices in the previous games matter in the third one. It's probably going to be no ME3 for me.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #821
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Console is going to be the way to go for me. Currently playing Mass Effect on my 360 (with Skyrim breaks :P) to build my 'uber save' for ME2 and then ME3

Old 01-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #822
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

With the crap we had to go through with the ToR giveaway.. I'll forgo using Origin until they get their *&$% straight

Glad I played the other (2) ME's on Xbox so my saves will carry over.

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #823
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

I guess I am too late to the whole online-gaming-client thing... I never did the steam or valve thing, and I had already had to accept Origin for DA2, so I am not sure how much any of this bothers me.... But it does seem a bit of a legit issue

For me, matters not... but I hate it some of my friends will not be Shepardizing while I am.

@Miltiades: I searched a while back on this, and cannot recall what I found. I had considered buying ME3 for PS3, and wanted to look into the "portability" of my PC saves from ME1&2 to PS3.... At the time, I think it was a no-go... and if it still is, then I guess you are back where you started.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #824
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
I could go with the PS3 version, but I want to be able to have my choices in the previous games matter in the third one. It's probably going to be no ME3 for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
@Miltiades: I searched a while back on this, and cannot recall what I found. I had considered buying ME3 for PS3, and wanted to look into the "portability" of my PC saves from ME1&2 to PS3.... At the time, I think it was a no-go... and if it still is, then I guess you are back where you started.
The consoles have an "interactive comic" add-on (ME2) that will allow you to choose 'certain' game campaign decisions. If they decide to add a similar mechanic to ME3, it might not be too bad... depending of course on how you feel about console play hehehe

Old 01-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #825
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

So, does this mean that when I get ME3 it won't be on an install disc/s but will have to be effectivley/mostly downloaded like Valve/Steam games?

Old 01-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #826
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
So, does this mean that when I get ME3 it won't be on an install disc/s but will have to be effectivley/mostly downloaded like Valve/Steam games?
Deus Ex: Human Revolution did almost the same thing. You bought a retail copy of the game, but you had to install via Steam anyway. I'm guessing that's how ME3 will work with Origin.

@Chainz: Well, that's another issue, isn't it? I'm used to playing this franchise on the PC, so it'd be weird for me, I think, to switch to the PS3. Also, they may opt for transferring ME2 savegames to ME3 PS3 version instead of another comic. Then again, if that were true, maybe there's a chance of importing PC savegames onto the PS3 version?

Old 01-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #827
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution did almost the same thing. You bought a retail copy of the game, but you had to install via Steam anyway. I'm guessing that's how ME3 will work with Origin.

@Chainz: Well, that's another issue, isn't it? I'm used to playing this franchise on the PC, so it'd be weird for me, I think, to switch to the PS3. Also, they may opt for transferring ME2 savegames to ME3 PS3 version instead of another comic. Then again, if that were true, maybe there's a chance of importing PC savegames onto the PS3 version?
Considering that PC and Xbox 360 players later got the comic as an optional add-on, I'm guessing what they'll do is have the comic run by default, but be disabled if the player imports their save.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #828
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Quote:
Had to do that for DNF recently as well. PITA. If I've got to shell out "big bucks" (>$50+) for a PC game, the install discs out to as least have all the game files on them so that client servers like Valve/etc.. are effectively a backup as far as installation is concerned (ie: I shouldn't need to hook up online just to be able to install game on PC, online verification of authenticity and access to mmo like features being separate issues altogether).

Old 01-20-2012, 02:07 AM   #829
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
With the crap we had to go through with the ToR giveaway.. I'll forgo using Origin until they get their *&$% straight :¬:
Yep... welcome to the future where you have to sign away ownership of your own computer and your right to privacy and willingly install corporate spyware in order to be able to enjoy a few hours of entertainment. Very disappointing but hardly surprising.

Cancelled my pre-order. It's a real shame, but there are other games I can spend my money on instead.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2012, 04:33 AM   #830
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Chris Priestly said it wasn't spyware. Surely you can trust the tool of an evil corporate empire?
Old 01-20-2012, 04:39 AM   #831
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Well I guess I won't be playing. I'm not buying ME2 for the 360 and then spending the 80+ hours getting a save identical to my PC version so I can play ME3.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #832
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor View Post
Well I guess I won't be playing. I'm not buying ME2 for the 360 and then spending the 80+ hours getting a save identical to my PC version so I can play ME3.
Like ChAiNz wrote for ME2 they offered a "interactive comic."
Quote:
The consoles have an "interactive comic" add-on (ME2) that will allow you to choose 'certain' game campaign decisions. If they decide to add a similar mechanic to ME3, it might not be too bad... depending of course on how you feel about console play hehehe
Basically a save game editor with pictures for the console. Well pictures and it cost money.

Here is the one for ME2 to show you what it is like.

View page
YouTube Video
Old 01-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #833
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
Chris Priestly said it wasn't spyware. Surely you can trust the tool of an evil corporate empire?
The same Chris Priestly who just a few months ago claimed that Mass Effect 3 would not require the Origin client to play? Why of course, completely trustworthy.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #834
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

I do wonder, why refuse to put Mass Effect 3 on Steam when Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning is available for pre-order on that very client?

Old 01-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #835
Mr Roboto
Rookie

Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning doesn't have DLC right? The reason EA won't put ME3 on Steam is because Steam requires any DLC the game has to be sold through Steam (not exclusively). That's why EA didn't remove all of their games from Steam. Just the ones where they have their own store to sell DLC.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #836
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

What is really sad, other than the usual bioware hating fanboys, if not for this Origin crap people would be talking only about how great this game is looking. It does look good... Kotaku - Take a look at Mass Effect 3's Mars
Old 02-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #837
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Voice actor trailer:

View page
YouTube Video
Old 02-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #838
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

^^
Troubling lack of Tali

Old 02-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #839
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Well they missed out a few others as well, most notably Kimberly Brooks, Raphael Sbarge, Brandon Keener and Mark Meer (although the in-game counterparts of the last two put in an appearance at least).
Old 02-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #840
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Quote:
^^
Troubling lack of Tali
This.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Mass Effect 3