lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Would you rather be a SITH or a JEDI?!?!?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-24-2010, 05:28 AM   #1
GODKING
Rookie
 
GODKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Middle of No-where!
Posts: 91
Current Game: Planeshift
Would you rather be a SITH or a JEDI?!?!?

Would you rather learn the way of the war craving Sith or follow the way of peaceful Jedi? Before deciding ask yourself these questions:
  • Are you patience in your decision making? Or are you a shoot first then ask question kinda guy/girl?
    • Are you quick to join a war no matter the reason behind the war? Or are you the type that sits and mediates about the decision?
    • Do you show signs of emotion no matter if they are good or bad?
    • Are you looking out for #1 or are you a more universal person?
    • Are you a greedy person or do you look to help others?
    • Do you embrace the dark side within or do you suppress it?

I myself feel I would rather learn the ways of the Sith because I want to be able to show my emotions and become attached to other people. Also I see more benefits in the dark side than with what I see in the path of the Jedi. And hay I may even become a Sith Lord if I play my cards right. Whats the farthest you can get with the Jedi teachings on a Council that by the time they decide on a decision it no longer helps the problem.


GODKING is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 05:40 AM   #2
Canaan Sadow
Junior Member
 
Canaan Sadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Endor
Posts: 366
Current Game: Pokemon & K2
I very much disagree.

I am both.
I would join the war if I thought I could end it quickly.
Everyone shows emotions, even Jedi... they're not like the Tranquil from Dragon Age. xD
I look out for #1 (though it's not me, that would be my fiancee).
I generally look to help others, unless they don't deserve help.
Suppress it. If you embrace it, personally, I feel it leads to a life of absolute crime and serial killing.

Also, under Luke, the Jedi Order flourished far more than the Sith, they were allowed to show more emotions than the Sith were ever able to... they were allowed to become attached to other people.
Canaan Sadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 05:48 AM   #3
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Why don't you come with me...
Posts: 4,275
Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
I'm chaotic. My assassin droid keeps me amused though.


We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 05:53 AM   #4
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,365
10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODKING View Post
I myself feel I would rather learn the ways of the Sith because I want to be able to show my emotions and become attached to other people. Also I see more benefits in the dark side than with what I see in the path of the Jedi. And hay I may even become a Sith Lord if I play my cards right. Whats the farthest you can get with the Jedi teachings on a Council that by the time they decide on a decision it no longer helps the problem.
Good luck with the colour scheme!

I'm siding with the Jedi if only for their liberal attitudes towards fashion.

But I think I do better with peace and brotherhood more than with the Dark Side any way.


Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 06:00 AM   #5
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck
 
Qui-Gon Glenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Thessia
Posts: 1,465
Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
I look old enough without extra DS bags under my eyes

I also dislike red lightsabers.


Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 06:12 AM   #6
GODKING
Rookie
 
GODKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Middle of No-where!
Posts: 91
Current Game: Planeshift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
I look old enough without extra DS bags under my eyes
Lol! I never heard that one before.

Quote:
I also dislike red lightsabers.
Reds my favorite color so naturally I going to like the red lightsaber, however I do really like the silver lightsabers in KOTOR 2


GODKING is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 06:14 AM   #7
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper
 
Drunkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The land of snow and sorrow
Posts: 787
I would be a dark jedi. No one to tell me what to do, no codes, no ridiculous plans of conquering everything... I dont know why would anyone want to be a jedi or a sith to tell the truth


Saivo´s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 06:18 AM   #8
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,365
10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkside View Post
I dont know why would anyone want to be a jedi or a sith to tell the truth


Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 06:22 AM   #9
GODKING
Rookie
 
GODKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Middle of No-where!
Posts: 91
Current Game: Planeshift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkside View Post
I would be a dark jedi. No one to tell me what to do, no codes, no ridiculous plans of conquering everything... I dont know why would anyone want to be a jedi or a sith to tell the truth
I can respect that, but everyone has a code that they live by whether you like it or not. And I doubt that just because your a lone wolf that no one is going to tell you what to do. And what would you do with your life? Wander the galaxy as you please using your powers to harm anyone that gets in your way?


GODKING is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 06:23 AM   #10
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Why don't you come with me...
Posts: 4,275
Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Why would somebody want to be a sith or Jedi? But the dark side has cookies.

The light side has beautiful gardens.


...and all of the above need shows of "Trampoline jumping".


We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 06:29 AM   #11
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,365
10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODKING View Post
And what would you do with your life? Wander the galaxy as you please using your powers to harm anyone that gets in your way?
Doesn't sound half-bad, actually.

"HOW MUCH IS THAT BURGER?!" *choke choke*
"$0.01!!!!"
"Good."

*imperial march as I walk out of the joint, chomping a burger*


Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 06:32 AM   #12
GODKING
Rookie
 
GODKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Middle of No-where!
Posts: 91
Current Game: Planeshift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Doesn't sound half-bad, actually.

"HOW MUCH IS THAT BURGER?!" *choke choke*
"$0.01!!!!"
"Good."

*imperial march as I walk out of the joint, chomping a burger*
haha thats sounds really nice untill someone stands up agiainst you and your all alone


GODKING is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 06:35 AM   #13
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,365
10 year veteran! 
In that situation, Force Speed is always handy for a quick getaway. There's always more suckers in the galaxy to force your way through.


Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 06:39 AM   #14
GODKING
Rookie
 
GODKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Middle of No-where!
Posts: 91
Current Game: Planeshift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
In that situation, Force Speed is always handy for a quick getaway. There's always more suckers in the galaxy to force your way through.
Well, I can't agrue there


GODKING is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 06:48 AM   #15
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper
 
Drunkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The land of snow and sorrow
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODKING View Post
I can respect that, but everyone has a code that they live by whether you like it or not. And I doubt that just because your a lone wolf that no one is going to tell you what to do. And what would you do with your life? Wander the galaxy as you please using your powers to harm anyone that gets in your way?
I would wander the galaxy, doing whatever that pleases me.


Saivo´s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 06:50 AM   #16
GODKING
Rookie
 
GODKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Middle of No-where!
Posts: 91
Current Game: Planeshift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkside View Post
I would wander the galaxy, doing whatever that pleases me.
Well, that seems very alcompishing. Thats the way to have a goal in life.


GODKING is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 07:31 AM   #17
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Why don't you come with me...
Posts: 4,275
Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
I'm like totally darkside now. With a pair of red lightsabers.


We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 07:39 AM   #18
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,365
10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
I'm like totally darkside now. With a pair of red lightsabers.
Why not have another one?


Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 08:44 AM   #19
Wookiee Rrudolf
Rookie
 
Wookiee Rrudolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kashyyyk
Posts: 103
Current Game: Two Worlds
I'd say that the Jedi and the Sith are really much alike. The only real difference is lightsaber colour
I, as a Unifying Force follower, would be neither. Someone called "grey Jedi", between Jedi and the Sith. Still choosing my path would depend on the era in Star Wars universe. In the days of the Old Republic (Tales of the Jedi and KotOR comic timeline, before KotOR game) or during Luke's New Jedi Order I'd be leaning more toward the Jedi, as they had more freedom then, but between the eras I'd stay away from both Jedi and Sith


"And then it was a ship full of slaver scum against one Wookiee...
...What chance did they have?"
- Tvrrdko about Chewbacca
Wookiee Rrudolf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #20
Lynk Former
internet hate machine
 
Lynk Former's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,980
10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
My name is Lynk Former, and I'm an X-Wing pilot.


Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #21
Tysyacha
One of Thousands
 
Tysyacha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kirkwall/The Free Marches
Posts: 3,181
Current Game: Dragon Age II
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I'd like to be a Jedi who falls to the Dark Side and then gets redeemed a la Darth Vader.
Tysyacha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #22
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck
 
Qui-Gon Glenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Thessia
Posts: 1,465
Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
I never noticed that Obama makes the Mace Windu face before this photo!

I can see the children being disciplined now....

(the sound of screaming children raising havoc is omnipresent)
[Mr. President]Kids! Kids, kids.... (aargh, they cannot hear me. They are too f-ing loud! So, do I get all Mace Windu up in their faces? Or is it more of a Jules kinda day...)


Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2010, 09:08 AM   #23
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag
 
RC-1162's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,447
Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
Just give me a blue saber and Force powers, and to hell with the factions


Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2010, 11:07 AM   #24
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
 
Jae Onasi's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,916
Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
<3 Jolee Bindo. I want to be a smart-arse Jedi like him.


From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #25
Trench
Guy with Monocle
 
Trench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Under a rock.
Posts: 1,638
Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Grey/Dark Jedi. Two viridian lightsabers. And the full power of both sides of the force at my disposal. The power to destroy worlds.
I'd make a living betting on sports and fights.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2010, 01:58 PM   #26
.:Lord Revan:.
Junior Member
 
.:Lord Revan:.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Somewhere :D
Posts: 413
Current Game: MW3
Hardcore darkside is me . So all darksiders come by the ebon hawk I got the cookies.
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2010, 05:02 PM   #27
RC-1183
Junior Member
 
RC-1183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 470
Current Game: Halo Reach, KotOR II
I would be more of a gray jedi.. i have qualities of both sides... not good enough to remain in the Order but not bad enough to be a Sith haha
i would have two black sabers... or a spear with a lightsaber tip




Ordo-"If only there was a manuel on females.."
Kal- "If there is i never got my copy"
RC-1183 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #28
Darth Primus
Rookie
 
Darth Primus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODKING View Post
Would you rather learn the way of the war craving Sith or follow the way of peaceful Jedi? Before deciding ask yourself these questions:
The way of the Sith is not necessarily the way of war. In fact, it has little to do with it, if you think through pretty carefully. Like the Jedi do, the Sith use war as a tool, a tool to make their points clear. Palpy showed that, when he had the Republic's war won just to turn the Republic into an Empire. While the Jedi, since before the days of Master Odan-Urr and the Great Hyperspace War, knew that some people you just can't reason with: you gotta smack them in the head hard enough to convince them to back down. A Sith who's only a Sith because he's a war-lover is not really a Sith: he's a war-lover. A true Sith is a control-lover. If he can achieve control by going into war, he does so. If he can achieve control without the ignition of his lightsaber, so much the better. If he can have his enemies fight a war for him, that's good too. Or he can have his enemies destroy each other in war.

Likewise, calling the Jedi pacifists is a gross simplification: Jedi do what needs to be done to ensure that peace and prosperity will take hold eventually. Even if it means to go to war. The difference is: it is quite rare for the Republic (and therefore the Jedi) to start a war, because the very nature of that government and the Order is contrary to needless expansionism/imperialism. While to the Sith, the need for dominance and control is natural to their philosophy, and these things more often than not require a war. But our good Sith Lord Darth Sidious shows there are really many forms to gain control, such as when he assassinated the non-Neimoidian heads of the Trade Federation, thus asserting exclusive neimoidian control over the body. And therefore, exclusive Sith control of the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODKING View Post
  • Are you patience in your decision making? Or are you a shoot first then ask question kinda guy/girl?
  • I would say I am. Bad thing of being a scientist (maybe it's a good thing) - I have to know next to everything about something before I can decide what to do with this something.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GODKING View Post
    • Are you quick to join a war no matter the reason behind the war? Or are you the type that sits and mediates about the decision?
    Depends. I can act rashly, but for the most important issues, I tend to sit back and meditate, in order to decide how to deal with the problem best.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GODKING View Post
    • Do you show signs of emotion no matter if they are good or bad?
    All the time.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GODKING View Post
    • Are you looking out for #1 or are you a more universal person?
    ?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GODKING View Post
    • Are you a greedy person or do you look to help others?
    I help those who help me. As for those who do not, and especially those whom I don't like, well, I don't usually go out of my way for these people.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GODKING View Post
    • Do you embrace the dark side within or do you suppress it?
That's relative. Embracing the Dark Side makes nobody a follower of Sith philosophy, it just makes them... well, prone to fall to the Dark Side. The Sith are more than darksiders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODKING View Post
I myself feel I would rather learn the ways of the Sith because I want to be able to show my emotions and become attached to other people.
The problem is not showing emotions, the problem is being controlled by them. That's the way I see it, however. Qui-Gon, for his attachments, to me was wiser than Master Yoda, with his distant denial of earthly connections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODKING View Post
Also I see more benefits in the dark side than with what I see in the path of the Jedi. And hay I may even become a Sith Lord if I play my cards right. Whats the farthest you can get with the Jedi teachings on a Council that by the time they decide on a decision it no longer helps the problem.
This reeks of KotOR to me, I wonder why...

You're wrong. It is the way of the Jedi during Yoda's time to be less pro-active than they were on sources other than KotOR. But this isn't true of all time periods in the Star Wars universe, just read Tales of the Jedi, Jedi vs. Sith, or pretty much anything on the EU. In fact, it's unecessary even to go that far. Just look at Luke Skywalker. Does anybody deny his actions were pivotal in redeeming Vader and thus ending the reign of the Sith?

Thinking like a Jedi is not thinking everything through over and over again: it's trying to see all ends, in order to make the best decision to face any problem you might have to face.

Me? I lean towards the Sith philosophy (the punk philosophy, actually): you want something done, do it yourself. But I tend to stick to this gray side: people should learn to walk with their own legs. But for me to take the right course of action, well, it takes a bloody hell of a lot of meditation. Though only for the most important issues: the least important issues are not so important as to demand much thought. And I don't try to reach my goals despite of consequences to other people, either.
Darth Primus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2010, 06:46 AM   #29
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Why don't you come with me...
Posts: 4,275
Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post
of being a scientist
Funny, you've not introduced yourself as such in appropriate threads and become acquainted with other members.





Quote:
That's relative. Embracing the Dark Side makes nobody a follower of Sith philosophy, it just makes them... well, prone to fall to the Dark Side. The Sith are more than darksiders.
And that something more would be...what?

Quote:
The problem is not showing emotions, the problem is being controlled by them. That's the way I see it, however. Qui-Gon, for his attachments, to me was wiser than Master Yoda, with his distant denial of earthly connections.
Ever mindful of the 'living force' supposedly he was communicating with yoda from beyond. He'd found the way to continue to exist consciously after death.

Quote:
This reeks of KotOR to me, I wonder why...
Hear that? The one who blithely ignores the fact he's in the KOTOR section and seems to want to discuss general star wars is now correcting another newcomer about reeking of KOTOR.

Look, if all you want is to discuss general star wars, then please feel free to do so:
http://lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=436
Have fun.

Don't go off into deriding other people while you're jere just because what they're saying "sounds too much like KOTOR".

Quote:
You're wrong. It is the way of the Jedi during Yoda's time to be less pro-active than they were on sources other than KotOR.
Is it? Or is it more due to the fact that their numbers dwindled across the galaxy at that point in juncture?

If you're referring to their reluctance to get into politics, I think it's safe to say they had their reasons. Plus it was illegal for a jedi to hold any official position after the Ruusan Reformation.

Quote:
Me? I lean towards the Sith philosophy (the punk philosophy, actually): you want something done, do it yourself.
Punk? I assume you're not referring to the fashion/music/political lifestyle spurned from a movement in the 70's. If you are, then the word can be made to mean whatever you want so it is therefore useless because it is so subjective as to not be relevant in the real world.

There are other definitions, but the most relevant are all based more or less around the idea of inexperience and servitude (to put it kindly). That does not sound like philosophy encompassing "do it yourself". I'm sorry, you'll have to try again.

Quote:
But I tend to stick to this gray side: people should learn to walk with their own legs. But for me to take the right course of action, well, it takes a bloody hell of a lot of meditation.
Fair enough. This comes across as more pondering deeply as opposed to a trance to alter your state of mind. Just saying.

Quote:
Though only for the most important issues: the least important issues are not so important as to demand much thought. And I don't try to reach my goals despite of consequences to other people, either.
So you'd simply not achieve something if doing so would harm another, would this still be the case if the opposite were true, where not achieving would harm someone? Explain.


We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2010, 07:22 AM   #30
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...
 
jonathan7's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 3,676
Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Jedi all the way....



"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #31
.:Lord Revan:.
Junior Member
 
.:Lord Revan:.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Somewhere :D
Posts: 413
Current Game: MW3
^I couldn't tell Mr. The Last Jedi.
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2010, 01:31 PM   #32
Darth Primus
Rookie
 
Darth Primus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Funny, you've not introduced yourself as such in appropriate threads and become acquainted with other members.

Lol, I wans't even aware there were such such threads. My comment was made for solely one purpose: justifying my opinion. In fact, for that very purpose it is not strictly necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
And that something more would be...what?
To be a Sith requires acceptance of philosophical concepts. Such as desire power for power's sake, survival of the fittest... That sort of thing. If the Sith were only and truly defined by their darkside, simple thugs such as Xanatos and all the bunch of "common" darksiders that certainly do exist throughout the SW universe could brag on about being Sith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Ever mindful of the 'living force' supposedly he was communicating with yoda from beyond. He'd found the way to continue to exist consciously after death.
That's not what I meant when I said that. I meant to say Qui-gon was less prone to go by the book, as was the Jedi way at the time (Yoda's way too, as he demonstrates when Obi-wan in knighted by the end of Episode I), and was more prone to go about on his instincts, to do what must be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Hear that? The one who blithely ignores the fact he's in the KOTOR section and seems to want to discuss general star wars is now correcting another newcomer about reeking of KOTOR.
To the first part, I see it is fair enough. As to the second, I believe KotOR is actually indissociable from general Star Wars. In fact, it's bloody supposed to be, because it is part of a whole, and that whole happens to be hmmm... general Star Wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Look, if all you want is to discuss general star wars, then please feel free to do so:
http://lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=436
Have fun.
Sure will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Is it? Or is it more due to the fact that their numbers dwindled across the galaxy at that point in juncture?
No, it's because after 4000 years of fighting the Sith, the Jedi decided to go over everything that has passed, and try to correct the mistakes they made that allowed each time for a Sith Lord to emerge from the ranks of the Jedi Order itself and shake its foundations, set the galaxy on fire, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
If you're referring to their reluctance to get into politics, I think it's safe to say they had their reasons. Plus it was illegal for a jedi to hold any official position after the Ruusan Reformation.
I'm referring to their behaviour as a whole: they sat back and talked about everything, from the tenets of the Order to its political stance, where only the most important issues should deserve such an approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Punk? I assume you're not referring to the fashion/music/political lifestyle spurned from a movement in the 70's. If you are, then the word can be made to mean whatever you want so it is therefore useless because it is so subjective as to not be relevant in the real world.

There are other definitions, but the most relevant are all based more or less around the idea of inexperience and servitude (to put it kindly). That does not sound like philosophy encompassing "do it yourself". I'm sorry, you'll have to try again.
A matter of opinion, in my opinion. And I may be here to discuss Star Wars, but not punk philosophy and your interpretation of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Fair enough. This comes across as more pondering deeply as opposed to a trance to alter your state of mind. Just saying.
I'm not discussing ethereal concepts involving states of mind and all that, I'm discussing philosophical approaches on how to handle most situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
So you'd simply not achieve something if doing so would harm another, would this still be the case if the opposite were true, where not achieving would harm someone? Explain.
I don't f$%*@ up people for my own benefit, that's what I was trying to say.
Darth Primus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #33
Canaan Sadow
Junior Member
 
Canaan Sadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Endor
Posts: 366
Current Game: Pokemon & K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post
I don't f$%*@ up people for my own benefit, that's what I was trying to say.
That sounds quite Jedi-ish to me, "Darth". You claim yourself a Sith, yet it's blatantly obvious by several of your posts that you also cling to the Jedi. Do you not think a Sith would harm another for his/her own benefit? Hence the reason that Sith apprentices kill their masters to become the Dark Lord. It's survival of the fittest, Primus. Sith look out only for themselves.

Example... Darth Nihilus (or as you call him, oblivously, Darth Galactus) destroyed whole worlds to be able to survive... he's a Sith Lord... he knows that the Sith ideals only have oneself at the center of the universe. Only the Jedi care about other people throughout the Galaxy.
Canaan Sadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #34
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!
 
Negative Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tropical Scotland
Posts: 2,683
Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Wow I'm pretty sure this kind of thread has never been done before...

Yoda.



"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #35
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey
 
Mav's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: A House
Posts: 4,043
Current Game: SWTOR
I want to be Wedge


"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2010, 05:35 AM   #36
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Why don't you come with me...
Posts: 4,275
Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
@K. Solo: Already said he tends to stick with the gray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post
Lol, I wans't even aware there were such such threads. My comment was made for solely one purpose: justifying my opinion. In fact, for that very purpose it is not strictly necessary.
Well then, justified or no, why not introduce yourself in the "getting to know each other" thread at the top of ahto? For a start anyways...

Quote:
To be a Sith requires acceptance of philosophical concepts. Such as desire power for power's sake, survival of the fittest... That sort of thing. If the Sith were only and truly defined by their darkside, simple thugs such as Xanatos and all the bunch of "common" darksiders that certainly do exist throughout the SW universe could brag on about being Sith.
So essentially followers of their own philosophy. Sounds a lot like everyone else if you can get past the whole nihilistic, subjugating, cruelty thing.

Quote:
That's not what I meant when I said that. I meant to say Qui-gon was less prone to go by the book, as was the Jedi way at the time (Yoda's way too, as he demonstrates when Obi-wan in knighted by the end of Episode I), and was more prone to go about on his instincts, to do what must be done.
I think everyone does that, but that could just be me. What made Qui Gon Jinn different is he was willing to be more defined by it.

Quote:
To the first part, I see it is fair enough. As to the second, I believe KotOR is actually indissociable from general Star Wars. In fact, it's bloody supposed to be, because it is part of a whole, and that whole happens to be hmmm... general Star Wars.
Difference of opinion I suppose? Still, the entirety of the Expanded Universe is so vast with such a huge timeline, I would contend it is just as dissociable as any other part and it sort of needs to be that way to keep it from getting too confusing.
This doesn't mean we cannot liken something in one era to another, it means we cannot do it at the cost of relevance; we must come full circle. Bearing this in mind I don't see, pray tell, how being too kotor specific (as opposed to departures from it) is a problem.

Quote:
No, it's because after 4000 years of fighting the Sith,
Must be another difference of technicality. They hadn't fought sith since the ruusan reformation, so I'd say more like 3000 years and a near 1 millennium break saw them surprised and nearly completely purged. The sith may have been secretly at war with the Jedi meanwhile, but the jedi (mistakenly) were under the impression the sith were extinct. Just saying.

Quote:
the Jedi decided to go over everything that has passed, and try to correct the mistakes they made that allowed each time for a Sith Lord to emerge from the ranks of the Jedi Order itself and shake its foundations, set the galaxy on fire, etc...
They do that every time. The Exile reforming the order. To Luke reforming it. It ends basically the same way every time regardless.

Quote:
I'm referring to their behaviour as a whole: they sat back and talked about everything, from the tenets of the Order to its political stance, where only the most important issues should deserve such an approach.
OK let's go back to what you said then:
Quote:
You're wrong. It is the way of the Jedi during Yoda's time to be less pro-active than they were on sources other than KotOR.
So essentially what you're saying is: The lack of a proactive role inevitably comes from complacency built up over time and is applicable to anyone and anything. At any time; that the real issue here is that debating to a point where decisive priority is lacking is a flaw inherent in "thought before action". Correct?

Quote:
A matter of opinion, in my opinion. And I may be here to discuss Star Wars, but not punk philosophy and your interpretation of it.
Yes. It is your opinion. Which makes it subjective.
My point is when you say you go off of "punk philosophy" is that there's a huge difference what it means to you vs what it means to others others. You do yourself a great disservice by not using objective terms universally understood. You hinder communicaiton with others as well.


Quote:
I'm not discussing ethereal concepts involving states of mind and all that, I'm discussing philosophical approaches on how to handle most situations.
Gtocha.

Quote:
I don't f$%*@ up people for my own benefit, that's what I was trying to say.
Hence you say you're gray jedi.


We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2010, 06:07 AM   #37
Canaan Sadow
Junior Member
 
Canaan Sadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Endor
Posts: 366
Current Game: Pokemon & K2
Yes he did, but he also claimed that he went with the Sith Philosophy.
Canaan Sadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #38
Darth Primus
Rookie
 
Darth Primus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kael'thas Solo View Post
That sounds quite Jedi-ish to me, "Darth". You claim yourself a Sith, yet it's blatantly obvious by several of your posts that you also cling to the Jedi. Do you not think a Sith would harm another for his/her own benefit? Hence the reason that Sith apprentices kill their masters to become the Dark Lord. It's survival of the fittest, Primus. Sith look out only for themselves.
And when did I call myself Sith, sonny? Saying one leans more towards Sith philosophy is not calling oneself a Sith. That's saying one leans more towards Sith philosophy.

It's blatantly obvious from my previous posts I am critical of some Jedi precects as well as some Sith precects. I happen to believe in survival of the fittest, but that does not mean pulling someone's carpet outright. Even of the least fit ones. that's the difference between what I believe, and a Sith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kael'thas Solo View Post
Example... Darth Nihilus (or as you call him, oblivously, Darth Galactus) destroyed whole worlds to be able to survive... he's a Sith Lord... he knows that the Sith ideals only have oneself at the center of the universe. Only the Jedi care about other people throughout the Galaxy.
So let's all give Darth Galactus a round of applause, for being called a Sith Lord and acting like one! True, the Jedi care about other people throughout the Galaxy where the Sith do not, but the Jedi are compassionate (they care for people inconditionally of their past history/prejudice regarding these people, it's central to their philosophy). I am not compassionate, not in the least. But I don't go out to kill each morning, I don't go out of my way to help people, except for those who go out of their way to help me, but I don't go out of my way to harm them either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
So essentially followers of their own philosophy. Sounds a lot like everyone else if you can get past the whole nihilistic, subjugating, cruelty thing.
Precisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
I think everyone does that, but that could just be me. What made Qui Gon Jinn different is he was willing to be more defined by it.
His actions were defined by just that. For example, had Qui-gon been set to chase Jango Fett in Episode II, I wouldn't believe he'd make as many reports to the Council as Obi-wan did. He'd just go after Jango and, once that was cleared, he'd sort out the details and report later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Difference of opinion I suppose? Still, the entirety of the Expanded Universe is so vast with such a huge timeline, I would contend it is just as dissociable as any other part and it sort of needs to be that way to keep it from getting too confusing.
Well, when one discusses a broad matter such as the Sith, or the Jedi, sticking to one era is too restrictive. Because they change over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
This doesn't mean we cannot liken something in one era to another, it means we cannot do it at the cost of relevance; we must come full circle. Bearing this in mind I don't see, pray tell, how being too kotor specific (as opposed to departures from it) is a problem.
Granted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Must be another difference of technicality. They hadn't fought sith since the ruusan reformation, so I'd say more like 3000 years and a near 1 millennium break saw them surprised and nearly completely purged. The sith may have been secretly at war with the Jedi meanwhile, but the jedi (mistakenly) were under the impression the sith were extinct. Just saying.
It was 4000 years of fighting Sith.

5000 BBY: Great Hyperspace War
4000 BBY: Old Sith Wars
3000 BBY: The rise of Darth Ruin
1000 BBY: The rise of Darth Bane, the 7 Battles of Ruusan and the Ruusan Reformation

And that impression you spoke of ended with the rising of Darth Maul. I know that the 50 years the Jedi spent knowing the Sith from the death of Darth Maul to the death of Palpatine is little compared to the 950 years of ignorance, but the fact remains: they were adapted to fight the old Sith, which were a threat from without. Not the new ones, which happened to be berthed at the seat of galactic government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
They do that every time. The Exile reforming the order. To Luke reforming it. It ends basically the same way every time regardless.
Up to the point of the Ruusan Reformation, I have a different perception of the Order. I feel the change that undergoes the Order after each major crisis is not as radical as the change resulting from the Ruusan Reformation itself. I see that period as a period of radical change to both orders: of the Sith and of the Jedi. But that's me, and I have little argument to support that. But since I was referring throughout my text to Jedi of Yoda's time, it matters little too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
OK let's go back to what you said then:


So essentially what you're saying is: The lack of a proactive role inevitably comes from complacency built up over time and is applicable to anyone and anything. At any time; that the real issue here is that debating to a point where decisive priority is lacking is a flaw inherent in "thought before action". Correct?
Like I said before, I was referring to the Jedi of Yoda's time. I meant to say too much thought about everything can be detrimental. But the most important issues should have that amout of thought, like I said in my first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Yes. It is your opinion. Which makes it subjective.
My point is when you say you go off of "punk philosophy" is that there's a huge difference what it means to you vs what it means to others others. You do yourself a great disservice by not using objective terms universally understood. You hinder communicaiton with others as well.
What do you have of objective then? I believe in the following philosophy: "Want something done? Do it yourself." That's been clear from the start. If I call it "punk philosophy", "Sith philosophy" or "Teletubbie philosophy" is entirely up to me, and irrelevant in all its aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Gtocha.

Hence you say you're gray jedi.
Well, I don't like that term. xD I blend some Jedi and some Sith precects. But I tend to lean more towards the Sith side of things (always was one to cheer for the bad guys).
Darth Primus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #39
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,195
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I would probably be Considered a Jedi Shadow, I hold the Tenants of the Jedi as Truth, I want the world to be a peaceful place full of Good people, but I know that this is not the case, and unfortunately theres always someone behind the scenes who has to get their hands dirty... so to speak.


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2011, 06:11 AM   #40
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™
 
RedHawke's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Stormreach CA.
Posts: 9,184
Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
I'm a Sith... as much as I try to fight it...

Wandering the galaxy in a Cool Shadow Battlecruiser phasing out of hyperspace and slicing all your ships in half with a scream then disappearing again.


"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Would you rather be a SITH or a JEDI?!?!?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.