lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KOTOR 1 Best Of PC Windows 7
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
adamr999
Lurker

KOTOR 1 Best Of PC Windows 7

So I've tried following the guide in the sticky but I still cant seem to get the game running. With Xp service packs it gets no further than the lucas arts symbol before it crashes. The closest i got to getting the game to work was in 98/me however it crashed loading the game.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit. I cant believe i am actually missing Vista as i was able to run the Best of Pc game by simply using compatibility mode and the mss32.dll fix. However this wont work for windows 7.

I have a Quad Core
4 gig of ram
An ATI RADEON HD 4650

So i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to fix this crash? If not im going to have to play my xbox copy
adamr999 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2011, 06:17 AM   #2
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
ATI RADEON HD 4650

You have installed the game according to the guide in the stickies... have you missed the mention of ATI Tray tools, installing that to make a game profile that your card will use when playing the game?

There are other ATI fixes mentioned in the guide.... Yet there is often less than full joy experienced when playing the games on a system without nVidia GPUs.

Hopefully, the tray tools fix will work for you.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
adamr999
Lurker

Thanks for the help tried the system tools but couldn't find the parts in game profiles it was talking about. Tried the other atioglxx.dll fix and that didnt completely solve the problem. Once i removed the intro movies(biologo.bik,leclogo.bik) the game now works! good times
adamr999 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #4
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamr999 View Post
Once i removed the intro movies(biologo.bik,leclogo.bik) the game now works! good times
This is not the first time I have heard about this fix, although I have not needed it. I think, with more and more corroboration, that this is a viable solution for many people.

Thank you for reporting your success! Please let us know if there are further issues.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
Aceh
Lurker

Thanks adamr999 it really worked for me . Just removed biologo.bik, leclogo.bik and it worked
Aceh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > General Tech Discussion > KOTOR 1 Best Of PC Windows 7