lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Is Star Killer a clone?
Yes 13 65.00%
No 7 35.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: So after playing the game *poll*
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
thelazygent
Rookie

So after playing the game *poll*

is Star Killer a clone?
thelazygent is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
And here we go again!

Yes, he's a clone. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one, so therefore he is a clone. No elaborate theories or conspiracies exist in my mind on this matter.

Occam's Razor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Usually on the side of logic myself, ZN, but my gut likes the idea that he survived better. No reasonable explanation

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
I say yes because of the extra video "the body"

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2010, 12:32 PM   #6
thelazygent
Rookie

u mean distant thunder?
thelazygent is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #7
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

Yeeaah, the video in which there's a body that looks like Starkiller. In a cloning facility full of Starkiller clones and holodriods that can flawlessly mimic human appearance. Plus it's Sir Vader Liesalot telling us that it's Starkiller, which should in and of itself be enough to assume it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
The simplest explanation is usually the correct one, so therefore he is a clone.

Occam's Razor.
That's true enough when trying to understand the natural world, but it doesn't make for good storytelling. Therefore, I go with the most improbable and convoluted option: Yes, he is a clone, but he's been a clone ever since he got stabbed in the back by Vader back in TFU1.

Last edited by Sordid Dreams; 11-14-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Well, I'm open to that theory, but that would imply that he is a clone of a clone rather than being another clone of the original Starkiller, because he possesses his memories all the way up until the Death Star. If he were a clone of the original, he'd only remember the events up to when Vader stabbed him.

The same is true for all of the clones, really.

Quote:
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Old 11-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #9
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

Not necessarily. TFU2's protagonist has those memories because he's been trained with memory flashes, not because he's a clone. A clone's mind is blank, the flashes are used to impart memories. I'd say it's entirely possible Vader made a second clone of Starkiller, then imparted to him the memories of the first clone that died on the Death Star.
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #10
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Oh, okay. I stand corrected.

I figured that perhaps by the time of the original Trilogy, the Kaminoans had refined their cloning skills and developed a method to transfer memories, similar to in the movie The Sixth Day, which had something to do with imprinting the memories in the brain by way of transfer along the optic nerve. But I could be wrong, I guess.

Quote:
Old 01-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #11
Necroden
Lurker

I hope he's not a clone and I'm skeptical they would have brought up all the questioning about whether or not he's a clone only to turn out that all the emphasis on the possibility of Starkiller's survival was a waste of time just trying to confuse us.

I'm not sure either way though.
Necroden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #12
Iggy-88
Lurker

i think the playable character in TFU 1 was a clone. i think the only time we ever see the real galen is during the cutscene where vader initially finds him. the FIRST thing vader does with him is take him to kamino to be cloned. throughout BOTH games, you're a clone, and the real REAL starkiller was wandering the galaxy (having escaped vader), perhaps running into yoda before the events of TFU2. and the playable character in TFU 3 will be the first, real, actual starkiller.

i just blew everyone's minds. i know.
Iggy-88 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #13
Klw
Rookie

Once again, my thoughts are:

The Juno Eclipse we see is a clone or a robot because she survived that fall. "As long as she lives, I control you." (or something like that)

The Dark Apprentice is somehow the real Starkiller and he's just being controlled by an elaborate hoax. The good clone was created on purpose to get him to "kill" his good side. "Maybe he's here."

Obviously I have no concrete evidence whatsoever.
Klw is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #14
GalenMarek
Rookie

more possible, that Starkiller resurrected Juno
GalenMarek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #15
Mandalorian Mercenary
Rookie

What, through a kiss? LOL, force kiss xD

"If at first you don't succeed, hire a mercenary to do the job for you. At least they'll get it done right."
Mandalorian Mercenary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2011, 01:59 AM   #16
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy-88 View Post
i think the playable character in TFU 1 was a clone. i think the only time we ever see the real galen is during the cutscene where vader initially finds him. the FIRST thing vader does with him is take him to kamino to be cloned. throughout BOTH games, you're a clone, and the real REAL starkiller was wandering the galaxy (having escaped vader), perhaps running into yoda before the events of TFU2. and the playable character in TFU 3 will be the first, real, actual starkiller.

i just blew everyone's minds. i know.
Not bad.... not bad at all. That boy SK was about the same age.... as young Boba.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #17
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
I think you're all a bunch of nerds.

Quote:
Old 03-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #18
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Yes... He was grown, in a vat.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #19
Darth Eclipse

Current Game: Crysis 2,Dead Space2
Yes, he is a clone. Starkiller died in TFU 1.

Darth Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > So after playing the game *poll*