lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Gov of AL stirs controversey w/remarks to church crowd
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Gov of AL stirs controversey w/remarks to church crowd

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_alabam...nor_christians

Big deal. Now, had this been in his actual inaugural address, he'd more likely, as Ricky Ricardo used to say..."you have some 'splaining to do, Lucy!" I mean, if candidate BO could tell a crowd in SF that people in flyover country (PA, specifically, iirc) were bitter and needed to cling to their God and guns, etc.....

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #2
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Anyone on the forum today that does not share the same mother or father with me is not my brother or sister. And I don't want to be your brother.

I would say Gov. Bentley needs to learn a little more about biology. Otherwise I could care less if I am his brother or not, unless he is willing to walk my mother’s ratdog.

Have you been to PA, as far as I could tell they are bitter. If I live in PA I would be bitter too.

mimartin is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Wait, he wants to, "be your brothers and sisters too."

How can one man be brothers(plural) and sisters(plural).

I can understand being their brother, or even their sister(I don't judge) heck even brother AND sister(um... I'll let you just imagine that) does he have MPD?

At any rate, yes, he should be looked at a bit since it could be seen as attempting to establish Christianity as the religion of Alabama.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
meh. it'll get taken way out of context...oh wait...it already has.

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mim
Have you been to PA, as far as I could tell they are bitter. If I live in PA I would be bitter too.
At least they aren't inbred like you Texans.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

Old 01-19-2011, 10:52 PM   #6
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Wait, he wants to, "be your brothers and sisters too."

How can one man be brothers(plural) and sisters(plural).

I can understand being their brother, or even their sister(I don't judge) heck even brother AND sister(um... I'll let you just imagine that) does he have MPD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bentley
Anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I'm telling you, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2011, 11:34 PM   #7
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
At least they aren't inbred like you Texans.

Jealousy of Texans is so unbecoming. I’ll let Samuel Dravis have the honor of banning you

Old 01-20-2011, 12:00 AM   #8
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Jealousy of Texans is so unbecoming. Ill let Samuel Dravis have the honor of banning you
Well, they say everything is bigger in TX.....which explains your imagination in this case. *goes into hiding*

Old 01-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #9
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Several things......

@mim - are the semantics of "brothers" and "sisters" really the problem here? And, are you really against "brotherhood" in any form? I would say your participation in this forum shows otherwise. But, yes, I am jealous of Texans... for having a proactive and aggressive state Leg.

@sabretooth - thanks for fixing the tommycat post... that was a pot shot, and a weak one.

@Totenkopf - Well, there are inbreds in Texas, and arguably every state in this inbred nation... but to think that there are more inbreds anywhere OUTSIDE of Alabama is a fallacy. Uncle Dad is in the Outhouse children.

That we have ingored entirely where this happened is surprising to me. He only stirred controversy outside of the tri-state area.

BTW... if everything is bigger in Texas, that means everything. Even if mim is not imagining ***, he needs all of it to fill that Texas gal. Relativity.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa

Last edited by Qui-Gon Glenn; 01-20-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: stupid inflammatory choice of words i regret
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #10
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Despite issuing an apology...I would suspect that governor meant what he said....and frankly it's when I see that type of statement or pattern of thought regardless of whether it's about religion, race, sex, lifestyle etc...that I wonder if it will ever be possible for not just America, but for the world as a whole to have any sort of peace anywhere.

I know it won't happen in my lifetime and probably not in my children's lifetime either. I just wonder what it will take for us to put this kind of crap behind us.

At any rate...the governor has issued his apology, and I'm sure six months from now very few people will remember what he said and if he's doing a good job he'll probably even get reelected. In short...life goes on.

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #11
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
Several things......

@mim - are the semantics of "brothers" and "sisters" really the problem here?
My sarcasm did not translate.

No I'm not against brotherhood/sisterhood, but I am against my family and do not want any more stepbrothers or stepsisters. I also would like to get rid of the ones I have.

Seriously I find his comments ignorant. More so that it was just something stupid to say publicly. However, if he really feels that way why did he run for elected office? Politicians need to remember once they are elected to office they represent the people or this country/their state or their district and if they feel they cannot represent all the people of their state (in this case) equally, then they should not have ran for office in the first place.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #12
Tommycat
>^..^<

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bentley
If the Holy Spirit lives in you that makes you my brothers and sisters. Anyone who has not accepted Jesus, I want to be your brothers and sisters, too,
Did you guys bother to read the article all the way through?

edit. Whoops, they removed the second quote. and now the article is completely different.
Show spoiler

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Tommycat; 01-20-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #13
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Did you guys bother to read the article all the way through?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat says Robert Bentley
If the Holy Spirit lives in you that makes you my brothers and sisters. Anyone who has not accepted Jesus, I want to be your brothers and sisters, too
Well, I just finished reading the moronic article for the fourth time and cannot find that text in there anywhere

So, either we are reading different articles from the same link, or ???

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #14
Tommycat
>^..^<

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Well, I just finished reading the moronic article for the fourth time and cannot find that text in there anywhere

So, either we are reading different articles from the same link, or ???
They changed the article. They do that from time to time. When I read it that quote was in there.

If you read the hidden version I posted, it has the original article as I read it when you posted it.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:08 AM   #15
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Quote:
@Totenkopf - Well, there are inbreds in Texas, and arguably every state in this inbred nation... but to think that there are more inbreds anywhere OUTSIDE of Alabama is a fallacy. Uncle Dad is in the Outhouse children.

That we have ingored entirely where this happened is surprising to me. He only stirred controversy outside of the tri-state area.

BTW... if everything is bigger in Texas, that means everything. Even if mim is not imagining ***, he needs all of it to fill that Texas gal. Relativity.
Was just razzing mimartin over his jab at the "poor bitter folks in PA". There probably are more inbreds in AL, but they're just a "bigger" problem in TX.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Kavar's Corner > Hot Topics > Gov of AL stirs controversey w/remarks to church crowd