lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: ObamaCare congresswoman sleeps with fishes; news at 11
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #41
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<
 
Tommycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,578
Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
And you have evidence to suggest otherwise? Did you even read my previous post? I do not accuse the Tea Party for supporting an inherently violent agenda, nor do I see the shooter supporting the Tea Party on any foundation; the guy, by any situation, probably interpreted rhetoric in his own, violent way.

And don't ask how/where he could have viewed Tea Party literature; any schizo watching Fox News could have interpreted the slightest hint of counter-administration monologuing as a call to action. The same can be said for any political pundit, but since the Tea Party is the most popular counter-political movement currently, that would obviously be the first source to suspect.
Yeah, may as well ask me to prove there were no pink elephants on earth anywhere. You claim he saw Foxnews. I haven't seen any evidence to show that he has. For all we know he got his "hate" from the Colbert report. Heck it may have been from the many LIBERAL groups that also disliked Giffords for her strong support of the second Amendment, and border security. There is no evidence that he targeted her specifically because of anything the Tea Party did. The Director of the FBI is refusing to claim any motivation for the attack. I'm sticking with crazy guy went crazy and killed a bunch of innocent people who happened to be in the wrong place.


"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #42
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
And you have evidence to suggest otherwise? Did you even read my previous post? I do not accuse the Tea Party for supporting an inherently violent agenda, nor do I see the shooter supporting the Tea Party on any foundation; the guy, by any situation, probably interpreted rhetoric in his own, violent way.

And don't ask how/where he could have viewed Tea Party literature; any schizo watching Fox News could have interpreted the slightest hint of counter-administration monologuing as a call to action. The same can be said for any political pundit, but since the Tea Party is the most popular counter-political movement currently, that would obviously be the first source to suspect.

So much for innocent until proven guilty. The fact is that YOU are insinuating that the Tea Party rhetoric is what influenced him, but have no evidence to back it up. That is so far proving to be an entirely unsupportable position in light of the facts about Loughner that are coming out. So, if I understand you corretly, it is NOT unfair to insinuate that islamic rhetoric had an undue influence on Maj Hasan and perhaps we should monitor islamic info sources more closely. Afterall, that's what all the libs were cautioning us against in the wake of the Fort Hood shooting. Guess when their favorite objects of hate are convenient scapegoats, such caution goes right out the proverbial window. Nice.

Btw, has anyone seen the mug shot of this guy? Immediately reminded me of Uncle Fester from the '60s tv show Adam's Family. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...69-504083.html

Also, regarding poster in OP: http://www.verumserum.com/?p=13647
Seems like the Dems went there first several years back.


@mim: I say problem b/c most of the so called "heated rhetoric/hate speech" is protected by the 1st Amendment. We really don't want to have committees deciding what we can and can not say b/c someone believes it might affect a crazy person. Self-restraint is all nice and fine, but I see no reason to force people to curb their speech b/c someone, somewhere is going to decide to be offended by it and label it "hateful". (btw, not making any claims about what you're saying one way or another, just spelling out my position).


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman

Last edited by Totenkopf; 01-10-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #43
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<
 
Tommycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,578
Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Isn't it strange that the "Crosshairs" on Palin's sheet look less like gun sights and more like surveyor's crosshairs. Gun sights don't have the cross leaving the circle.


"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #44
jrrtoken
Senior Member
 
jrrtoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
So much for innocent until proven guilty. The fact is that YOU are insinuating that the Tea Party rhetoric is what influenced him, but have no evidence to back it up.
I am suggesting that there is a possible connection between the vandalism of Giffords' office earlier in the year, the mention of Giffords as a "target" for specific political pressure, and now the shooting, is a currently-valid theory for the shooter's motive. Any investigation which considers the string of incidents to be a pure coincidence isn't being productive whatsoever, even if it means deducing false leads from legitimate ones.

I'm not debating that the shooter had a particular, concrete motive to downplay his insanity, I am simply suggesting that his bizzaro world-lens might have been conducive to his violence being influenced by a rather populist political movement. Yes, it could be absolutely anything, but considering all of the evidence provided, to rule out that possibility would be foolhardy.

Quote:
So, if I understand you corretly, it is NOT unfair to insinuate that islamic rhetoric had an undue influence on Maj Hasan and perhaps we should monitor islamic info sources more closely. Afterall, that's what all the libs were cautioning us against in the wake of the Fort Hood shooting.
When testimony after documented testimony proved to be accurate, then maybe that was somewhat justified. Any investigation needs a variety of motives, even if they all turn out to be absolutely wrong in the end. Yeah, it often leads to unfair discrimination against a variety of attributes of any given person, but it's pretty damn unavoidable. When it feeds an entire profiling division on strictly narrow paradigms, then it's problematic.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #45
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR
 
mimartin's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,064
Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
@mim: I say problem b/c most of the so called "heated rhetoric/hate speech" is protected by the 1st Amendment. We really don't want to have committees deciding what we can and can not say b/c someone believes it might affect a crazy person. Self-restraint is all nice and fine, but I see no reason to force people to curb their speech b/c someone, somewhere is going to decide to be offended by it and label it "hateful". (btw, not making any claims about what you're saying one way or another, just spelling out my position).
I say we should curb this type of speech because this type of name calling is better suited to 7 year olds. They should be attacking the message not just calling people names. Anyone with two brain cells together should want evidence and not the standard 3 year old “I’m rubber and your clue” argument, but I guess even stupid people need entertainment.



Last edited by mimartin; 01-10-2011 at 09:59 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #46
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
@PX--well, it's fair to say you're focusing excessively on only 1 potential source as being a primary motivator. Had you said they should look at ALL possible sources equally and not reject any potential one out-of-hand, you'd be on firmer ground. But, going by your poster pic and subsequent arguments, it's clear you are suggesting that the TP rhetoric is more than merely one possible source of influence. As to your second argument, isn't it interesting that many of the far-left loons posing as serious journalists and commentators have immediately seized on the current vacuum to put forth an unsubstaniated narrative to explain the pyscho's actions. Besides, you don't appear to be overly concerned about the narrow paradigm when it's the TP or other conservatives that are the focus of that kind of problematic analysis.

@mim: I agree that such language can be curbed, but see no need for it to be done by edict and not self-control (either on the left, right and anywhere inbetween).


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman

Last edited by Totenkopf; 01-10-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #47
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<
 
Tommycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,578
Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Pastsramix. That would hold more water if you didn't simply focus on the conservative aspects while ignoring his "Liberal" history. I mean it isn't like only Conservatives have been anti-government. Not to mention that as of late both sides have been very vitriolic.


"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 12:09 AM   #48
Jedi/Sith
Rookie
 
Jedi/Sith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 19
I must say this was very interesting read on one side we have right arguing that he was left. On the other side we have the left arguing that he was right. Now for all that I care about he could be from the right or the left. I believe that he was neither though. My reason well I believe the guy was plain crazy. He just believe that he had to kill this person for some reason which is wrong. Now both of you may argue this over and over but what does that accomplish. I would say nothing would be accomplished except a waste of your time. The thing is that these people were kill by crazy man.


The saddest thing is that there was a 9 year old girl that is now died. I do not see any reason for the arguing over this. In this world all people have their faults some bigger than other and the biggest fault is that of taking a life. It is truly sad that people argue over issue like this. There is only one person to blame and that person is who fired the bullets.
Jedi/Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 12:26 AM   #49
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<
 
Tommycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,578
Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
If you believe I've been saying he's left you've missed a lot. I've been saying from the start that it's silly to put this on either party.


"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #50
Working Class Hero
Rookie
 
Working Class Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi/Sith View Post
I must say this was very interesting read on one side we have right arguing that he was left. On the other side we have the left arguing that he was right. Now for all that I care about he could be from the right or the left. I believe that he was neither though. My reason well I believe the guy was plain crazy. He just believe that he had to kill this person for some reason which is wrong. Now both of you may argue this over and over but what does that accomplish. I would say nothing would be accomplished except a waste of your time. The thing is that these people were kill by crazy man.


The saddest thing is that there was a 9 year old girl that is now died. I do not see any reason for the arguing over this. In this world all people have their faults some bigger than other and the biggest fault is that of taking a life. It is truly sad that people argue over issue like this. There is only one person to blame and that person is who fired the bullets.
My friend, I may hardly ever agree with you on politics, but this post gets my 100% approval.

The only thing this has shown me is that our country is even more messed up than I realized....why can't we just come together and just say he was an insane bad dude and leave it at that? Who cares whether he watched Glen Beck or Keith Olberman....I've never known someone to be motivated to kill after watching a punditry show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat
Isn't it strange that the "Crosshairs" on Palin's sheet look less like gun sights and more like surveyor's crosshairs. Gun sights don't have the cross leaving the circle.
Your jesting talent is monstrously underrated.

Last edited by mimartin; 01-11-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Working Class Hero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #51
Thanatos9t
Junior Member
 
Thanatos9t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 259
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi/Sith View Post
The saddest thing is that there was a 9 year old girl that is now died.
If it wasn't for the serious nature of this thread and of the subject manner, I would be making fun of that sentence .

Yet again the innocent must suffer because of some crazy person and again it raises the point why have gun laws not been amended (being an Englishman I fail to comprehend the need for such weapons.)

All guns do is spread a one-upmanship contest e.g. the police have guns to protect us, we need guns to protect us, people have guns to protect them we need better guns to rob them etcetera.


"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
Thanatos9t is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #52
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,368
10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Working Class Hero View Post
I've never known someone to be motivated to kill after watching a punditry show.
What are you talking about, watching punditry shows always motivates me to brutally kill someone.


Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #53
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky
 
urluckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Beautiful USA
Posts: 2,761
Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
What are you talking about, watching punditry shows always motivates me to brutally kill someone.
I've never wanted to kill someone else after one of those shows...just myself.



If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #54
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<
 
Tommycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,578
Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos9t View Post
All guns do is spread a one-upmanship contest e.g. the police have guns to protect us, we need guns to protect us, people have guns to protect them we need better guns to rob them etcetera.
Actually, the person who tackled the gunman was armed. He happened to be a responsible gun owner. He realized that it was not necessary to shoot as the man was essentially disarmed at the time(Jarred was reloading and the clip was knocked from his hand).

As for the little girl, THAT is the saddest thing from this whole incident. To make matters worse, the church from Kansas is planning on disrupting her funeral on Thursday.


"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #55
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR
 
mimartin's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,064
Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos9t View Post
Yet again the innocent must suffer because of some crazy person and again it raises the point why have gun laws not been amended (being an Englishman I fail to comprehend the need for such weapons.)
We need guns to protect ourselves. Had everyone in attendance had a gun then the crazy person may have only gotten off one shot.

spoiler:
Of course there may have been more dead than 6 too


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
That may be one of the most disturbing things I have ever read. If there ever was a doubt in my mind that wbc was a church and not a hate group it is gone.



Last edited by mimartin; 01-11-2011 at 12:10 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #56
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Of course there may have been more dead than 6 too....
And/or Jared would have been nothing more than a bullet ridden corpse. As to the wbc, it's ashame those trolls can't find something more constructive to do with their time.


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #57
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR
 
mimartin's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,064
Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I see things like wbc and it make me almost lose all hope in mankind, but then I remember people like Bill Badgers, Joe Zamudio, Patricia Maisch, and Daniel Hernadez Jr and I have some hope.

Very little, but some...

Edit: Well it is settled, Mr. Oxycodone himself just admitted the influence that caused the Arizona shooting was music. So glad that is settled (at least it wasn't games).



Last edited by mimartin; 01-11-2011 at 01:55 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #58
The Doctor
Retired
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,416
Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
zealots...
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #59
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<
 
Tommycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,578
Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Edit: Well it is settled, Mr. Oxycodone himself just admitted the influence that caused the Arizona shooting was music. So glad that is settled (at least it wasn't games).
WHAT?!?! It wasn't the Liberal Mainstream Drive-By Media's fault?

Sheesh. Here I am saying that the shooting was not motivated by Right/Left ideologies.

Wellllll... Guess we need the musicians to all watch their lyrics.

Wait... Ya know he's gonna have a hard time. I know quite a few musicians who actually listen to his program. Though... Admittedly, a lot of music is just as anti-government(or more so) than even the talking heads when their party isn't in power. It holds just as much water as blaming it on the Tea Party/Biased Liberal Media™


"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #60
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR
 
mimartin's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,064
Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Rush has a point, I committed suicide in the 1980’s due to Queen’s Don’t try Suicide and Ozzy’s Suicide Solution….. I got better.


mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #61
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
^So, what's it like on the other side? Also, where's a good club when you need one?

Given what's coming out about this kid so far, he's more likely to have influences from the left than right. However, the overriding point is that a lot of people listen to stuff on both sides of the spectrum and all in between and still don't kill anyone. Kid was nuts and had a grudge against Giffords. Till I hear differently, that's what I'm running with on this.


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #62
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<
 
Tommycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,578
Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Rush has a point, I committed suicide in the 1980’s due to Queen’s Don’t try Suicide and Ozzy’s Suicide Solution….. I got better.
I'm just sayin that it makes just as much sense to blame the music he listens to as it does to blame the talking heads he may or may not have listened to. Actually it makes MORE sense to blame it as we are talking about a NUTJOB whom may or may not have even listened to the so called hate speech people in this thread have blamed. I mean this guy volunteered for Giffords at one time. Does it really make sense to say he listened to any of the stuff the Tea Party said? Or does it make sense that he would listen to music with anarchist/anti-government lyrics?

OR We could chalk it down as "Laughner was a very disturbed individual who did a horrible thing." That's what I'm sticking with.


"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Tommycat; 01-11-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #63
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR
 
mimartin's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,064
Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
I'm just sayin that it makes just as much sense to blame the music he listens to as it does to blame the talking heads he may or may not have listened to.
Just seems a little hypocritical to me. Mr. Illegal Drugs gets upset when people blame him with little or no evidence, but he has no problem with blaming someone else with little or no evidence. However, I guess that is why people listen to Rush, to hear a self-absorbed blowhole make up stuff, take things completely out of context or present no evidence at all.


mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #64
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<
 
Tommycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,578
Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Just seems a little hypocritical to me. Mr. Illegal Drugs gets upset when people blame him with little or no evidence, but he has no problem with blaming someone else with little or no evidence. However, I guess that is why people listen to Rush, to hear a self-absorbed blowhole make up stuff, take things completely out of context or present no evidence at all.
You're telling me that an ardent anti-drug abuse, habitual drug user, might be hypocritical? Gosh, call the evening news and schedule a press conference. A hypocrite might be hypocritical. This has to be a first.

Sorry... Since I didn't listen to him, I can't say for sure, but Dave(another musician friend of mine) said it was said in the context of a joke. As in "Why not blame the music he listened to? It makes more sense."

And actually the arguments presented by people here as to how the Tea Party could have influenced him could easily be turned into "Violent video games" or "Heavy Metal" in place of Tea Party. Punk rock in particular, has always been known to be anti-government. Rap, Metal, Punk, heck even some country songs, have lyrics that go far beyond anything the Tea Party said. But the same people who would defend games were quite willing to blame the Tea Party for maybe possibly unintentionally motivating this guy to do this.

As for the rhetoric, yeah, it's better suited for an elementary school yard, but it's nothing new.


"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #65
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
The irony of the following is that as this putz makes this statement now, where was he back in '08 during the elction? It's not as if we've never had an assassination attempt prior to this or as if it's only been since the elction of one man...Obama...that things have gotten heated.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...e_too_far.html


@TC/mim: I also heard the comments and agree w/TC's friend, it was posted as much as a hypothetical and joke. It's interesting, though, that libs and like minded (from Dupnik to Olberman to Matthews et al) only wish to excoriate "right-wingers" when this kind of tradgedy takes place, but will swear up and down that the mixed messages of pop culture have absolutely negligible influence on anything. Afterall, everyone knows that's only entertainment (except maybe the crazies ).


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #66
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR
 
mimartin's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,064
Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I agree it was a joke the first 20 seconds... Then it typical Rush fashion, it became fact and his evidence was it was mentioned on the radio. The same way he gets most of his evidence. Mention it in jest (for deniability purposes), but then treat it as fact.

I have to give credit to the Arizona Legislator they pass bills faster than anyone I’ve seen. SB 1101 passed their Senate and has already been signed by the governor. It will keep wbc “300 feet away from the property line of a residence, cemetery, funeral home, church or synagogue within one hour before or one hour after a funeral or burial service. “ Don’t really know about the constitutionality of the bill, nor do I really care.



Last edited by mimartin; 01-12-2011 at 11:50 AM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #67
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<
 
Tommycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,578
Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Just as a point here, IF we look at talking heads in the media as a culprit, we have to look at music as well. I mean I love Drowning Pool's Bodies, but the lyrics are(wow.. didn't realize how um... uncreative the lyrics were)

Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor

Beaten why for
Can't take much more

Here we go...Here we go...Here we go

One - Nothing wrong with me
Two - Nothing wrong with me
Three - Nothing wrong with me
Four - Nothing wrong with me

One - Something's got to give
Two - Something's got to give
Three - Something's got to give
Now

Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor

Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor

Push me again
This is the end

Here we go...Here we go...Here we go

One - Nothing wrong with me
Two - Nothing wrong with me
Three - Nothing wrong with me
Four - Nothing wrong with me

One - Something's got to give
Two - Something's got to give
Three - Something's got to give
Now

Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor

Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor

Skin against skin blood and bone
You're all by yourself but you're not alone
You wanted in now you're here
Driven by hate consumed by fear

Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor

One - Nothing wrong with me
Two - Nothing wrong with me
Three - Nothing wrong with me
Four - Nothing wrong with me

One - Something's got to give
Two - Something's got to give
Three - Something's got to give
Now

Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor

Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor


You can say that no sane person would get a killing message out of it, but then as we know the man was not stable. So if we are to say that there should be more civility on the airwaves in the event some crazy might act out on them, then we have a lot more cleaning up than just talk radio. And that would mean my favorite music stations would be virtually decimated. Then we have video games... KotOR without any dark side options? FPS gone? Sure no video game would turn a sane person crazy(except MAYBE Bloodlines Malkavian option ), but we're talking about removing possible influences for crazy people here.

I heard on the radio this morning that there may be a reason Dupnik is so adamant about blaming talking heads. Apparently Jared had allegedly had numerous run ins with the Pima County Sheriffs, who told people he was under supervised care.
*unconfirmed source*


"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Tommycat; 01-12-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Closing tag properly
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 12:04 PM   #68
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...
 
Darth Avlectus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Why don't you come with me...
Posts: 4,278
Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Drowning pool parrot.

View page
YouTube Video


We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #69
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR
 
mimartin's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,064
Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
but we're talking about removing possible influences for crazy people here.
I'm not, because there is no way to know what may influence a mentally unstable person to violence. Nor am I pretending to know what influences Jared Loughner had or how those influences effected his decision to murder.

The one thing I will point out… I fail to see where Drowning Pool’s lyrics is actual actively giving anyone a target, nor do I see where, at least games I’ve played, are giving people targets. Again, I don’t know if any political talking heads gave Loughner the target, but their political rhetoric could provide targets.



Last edited by mimartin; 01-12-2011 at 02:13 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #70
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<
 
Tommycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,578
Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
It is my belief that he had his target a long time before the talking heads said anything. I mean he volunteered FOR Giffords. Honestly any political ad could be used by someone unstable. Comedians jokes about shooting Rumsfeld could have led to the same thing. A sociopath can find targets anywhere. Ministry's song NWO(which used clips from Bush sr) could easily give people targets. NoFx, specifically targets Republicans. How about Green Day. What about all the pundit comedians who go after specific Republicans. How about the number of times Rush Limbaugh has been the target. How about Barack Obama specifically calling Republicans "the enemy" in his speeches to a Hispanic group. I mean if we're talking removing sources of possible targets, there's a whole lot of other media that needs to be cleaned up too.

And Drowning Pool I was using as just one example. I mean it could have been Megadeth, or any number of violence favoring songs. Heck it could have been "I'll be watching you" for all we know...


"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #71
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR
 
mimartin's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,064
Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Really have no clue what you are talking about... I wasn't pointing out one political party over the other… “Political talking heads” could mean either party. If I wanted to point out only republicans I would have written republican talking heads.

And forgive me if I do not take your beliefs word for it, especially considering the political talking heads have been around a long time or perhaps you forgot Clinton is going to destroy this nation or Bush is going to destroy this nation rhetoric?


mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #72
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<
 
Tommycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,578
Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Really have no clue what you are talking about... I wasn't pointing out one political party over the other… “Political talking heads” could mean either party. If I wanted to point out only republicans I would have written republican talking heads.

And forgive me if I do not take your beliefs word for it, especially considering the political talking heads have been around a long time or perhaps you forgot Clinton is going to destroy this nation or Bush is going to destroy this nation rhetoric?
As for not taking "my beliefs" as anything more, GOOD. It's just my belief and nothing more. Had I said, "He had his target before the talking heads named her" I'd be expected to provide proof. Since there is none, all I have is belief. NOW if I said, "He was generally anti-government but not necessarily following right wing ideology" and provided the ADL's link to his profile(found here and here) then I would expect it to be read as more of an informed statement...

Interestingly enough, I see a lot of mention about the "Above Top Secret" web site. THAT'S IT!!! IT'S THE INTARWEBZ!!!

But seriously, what I was getting at was that focusing on the talking heads as the source for his anti-government stance, is counterproductive. She may have been a target simply because of proximity.


"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #73
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Mention it in jest (for deniability purposes), but then treat it as fact.
Yeah, the ole "half-in-jest, all in ernest" deal. Much of what passes for modern political humor is drenched in that idea. So, just how much time do you spend listening to Rush on the radio anyway? Almost reminds of me of the line in Private Parts where the guy tells the exec that the people who didn't like Stern were listening to him 2x as long as the ones that did....to see what he'd say next.


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #74
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<
 
Tommycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,578
Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Heh. We had a Rush Limbaugh drinking game. A shot for every time he mentions the Liberal Media. Two for every time he blamed Clinton.

Nobody could last past the second commercial break.


"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #75
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky
 
urluckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Beautiful USA
Posts: 2,761
Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Heh. We had a Rush Limbaugh drinking game. A shot for every time he mentions the Liberal Media. Two for every time he blamed Clinton.

Nobody could last past the second commercial break.
lol how long ago was that?



If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #76
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR
 
mimartin's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,064
Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
So, just how much time do you spend listening to Rush on the radio anyway?
I’m don’t religiously listen to anything, but if I’m out during the day and there is nothing on Rome I turn it over to Rush. Same after work, I listen to sports radio, or the ipod, but if nothing better is on I will turn it over to Savage. Both have some interesting topic and gives you something to think about/research, but I would not want to go precisely by their interpretation of events. I also watch FalseNews more than any other “so-called” news agency. Again, I'm still doing a little research before believing a word they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
A shot for every time he mentions the Liberal Media.
We could have done that in Kavars not so long ago… ah the good ole days and the dearly departed.



Last edited by mimartin; 01-12-2011 at 06:02 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #77
Working Class Hero
Rookie
 
Working Class Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 216
Quote:
Both have some interesting topic and gives you something to think about...
If you meant: I think about how utterly moronic they are, then yes; you were correct.
Working Class Hero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #78
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR
 
mimartin's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,064
Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Well if I did not want to hear opinions that differ from my own, I would not be hanging around here either. It is only idiotic to listen if you get your information from that one source without scrutinize that information for yourself. Often hear that 1,000,000 people can’t be wrong, but in truth they can be if they are all getting their information from one source.


mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #79
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<
 
Tommycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,578
Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by urluckyday View Post
lol how long ago was that?
01-02 somewhere abouts... Things get fuzzy during my heavy drinkin years.

@Working Class Hero: Funny. I usually tend to get more than one opinion, and contrast it with my own research. If you only get your information from one source or one slant, you miss a good portion of the information.

I mean if nothing else it's a good way to know what your conservative friends might have in store for you so you can be prepared with a rebuttal.


"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #80
Working Class Hero
Rookie
 
Working Class Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat
Funny. I usually tend to get more than one opinion, and contrast it with my own research. If you only get your information from one source or one slant, you miss a good portion of the information.

I mean if nothing else it's a good way to know what your conservative friends might have in store for you so you can be prepared with a rebuttal.
No, thank you. I prefer to get my information from only one side: the intelligent one.

If you want to listen to racist, mentally impotent rednecks in pursuit of your concept of "balanced coverage", please, be my guest.
Working Class Hero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Kavar's Corner > Hot Topics > ObamaCare congresswoman sleeps with fishes; news at 11

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.