lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Am I the only one who thinks Star Wars should die?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-02-2011, 01:45 AM   #1
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
Am I the only one who thinks Star Wars should die?

Now, don't get me wrong, continue games in the star wars universe by all means.
But with actual video, it should have died with episode 3, and that would have been a nice death. They should have just put it to bed to join Yoda..
The Clone Wars + it's series has just ruined the whole thing really..and I haven't heard anything about the live action series they were doing in a while I hope to hell they scrap that.

But it's just like every other major saga. DIE WHEN THE SAGA FINISHES. e.g with harry potter! Why is it I can see, after the "final" film, a film or tv series based around Harry, Ron and Hermione's children? It's just too predictable nowadays..

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2011, 05:13 AM   #2
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taak Farst View Post
The Clone Wars + it's series has just ruined the whole thing really..
How?

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2011, 05:23 AM   #3
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

What do you mean Star Wars is alive

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2011, 05:26 AM   #4
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
If you don't like it, ignore it and let the people who enjoy it enjoy it.

Seriously, you don't HAVE to view all of the expanded universe material. If it's just the movies you want to focus on, then just focus on those... I know I do.

On the other hand, I do feel that if Lucas and friends want to keep captilising on Star Wars, they really do need to release something for me as well... and The Clone Wars isn't for me. If they did release things for me as well as The Clone Wars related material, etc that isn't for me, then I'd be happier than I am now.

At the moment the only Star Wars related things I have to look forward to are the Blu-ray release of the 6 movies and TOR... I guess that's good enough for now.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #5
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
I was hoping for a good, well done and inspired TV series to attend to my Star Wars wirthdrawal (loathe for Clone Wars series here too). Seems to me the whole Clone Wars mania is getting more and more unpalatable for everyone and hopefully will die soon (wishful thinking).

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
There is NO WAY that the Clone Wars can hurt Star Wars canon more than Ewoks hurt it.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #7
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I've seen Star Wars on life support after Return of the Jedi. Even bad Star Wars is better than half the junk Hollywood produces. So no, I don't want Star Wars to die.

Like Lynk wrote, if I don't like a Stars Wars games, books or TV shows, I ignore them. I see no reason why others should not get introduced to Star Wars because of my personal taste.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #8
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Seems like a thinly veiled way of saying 'I don't like The Clone Wars'.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #9
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Forget Thin Veils, just sign the petition in my sig Lol

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2011, 03:13 PM   #10
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
Forget Thin Veils, just sign the petition in my sig Lol
The petition on your sig says the series is "much welcomed". I think that's against a "Star Wars should die" thread.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #11
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

who cares what the thread is about, I'm just advertising

Old 04-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #12
Primogen

Current Game: The Witcher
Then stop. Seriously, stick to the topic of your own thread, don't say one thing and mean something completely different.

The Crown of Albion, an Arthurian Mythology RP
Dark Age of the Republic, a Star Wars RP
Primogen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #13
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

I was just messing, the petition says much welcomed, not me, I didn't write it, I dislike the Clone wars . And yea, calm down with the orders and assy tone, your new here, we try to be adults, but have a joke, dont be so serious

Old 04-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #14
Primogen

Why are you linking to the petition if you disagree with it's premise?

Old 04-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #15
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
@ OP: My roommate actually shares your opinion. I'd personally like to see more from the KOTOR-TSL era, but that's just me.

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #16
mstr kenobi
Rookie

While i think that the Clone Wars are pretty pathetic and unnecessary i still have faith, that something good may come.

Not sure about the live action series though, sounds very "Highlander" to me, that's not a good thing btw.

The comedy with Seth Green seemed like the best idea imo.
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #17
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
Well, with the clone wars, does it not seem like it's reaching to the newer generation? instead of loyal die hard Star wars fans? Because, no matter what anyone says, noone will convince me that the clone wars ISNT for children

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #18
Primogen

Who cares? The Clone Wars is tripe, yeah, but what does it matter?

Old 04-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #19
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
The kiddiefying of Star Wars has been going on since RoTJ.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #20
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
I'm with the guys who say not to watch anything you don't like and let others enjoy things like The Clone Wars series. If we had successfully petitioned for Lucas to stop Star Wars from expanding, let's say after The Phantom Menace, we'd never have had things like the KotOR games or some of the enjoyable comic book series.

Let's take the good with the bad, and once in a while we'll get a gem like KotOR our way (although I'll admit it's been some time since something of the caliber of KotOR has come our way).

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #21
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I'm more interested by the fact that they haven't announced any new games worth giving a rat's ass about since TFU 2's release. I expected them to have mentioned something by now.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #22
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Forum Veteran 
I think all their eggs are in the TOR basket...

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #23
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Eh, the animated Clone Wars series has been pretty well received. Besides, everybody knows that the goiter has taken over GL's brain, he is no longer in control of his own actions, which depending on perspective can be a good or bad thing.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #24
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
The original Clone Wars series was awesome... the newer CG Clone Wars series... well it doesn't really make sense to me.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #25
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
The Clone Wars + it's series has just ruined the whole thing really..
In your opinion.

I enjoy TCW overall, some issues aside. But regardless, I fail to see how this one aspect of the Star Wars destroys the entire saga. It just sounds so melodramatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primogen
Then stop. Seriously, stick to the topic of your own thread, don't say one thing and mean something completely different.
[moderator mode] You can leave the moderating to us. Thanks. [/moderator mode]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger
@ OP: My roommate actually shares your opinion. I'd personally like to see more from the KOTOR-TSL era, but that's just me.
There are lots of things coming out for the Old Republic era, just as much of not more than any other era in recent times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taak Farst
Well, with the clone wars, does it not seem like it's reaching to the newer generation? instead of loyal die hard Star wars fans? Because, no matter what anyone says, noone will convince me that the clone wars ISNT for children
Why are you separating the newer generation and die hard fans? Can't younger fans be just as die hard? Or dies "die hard" require you to think that Lucas "raped your childhood"? I think anyone here who knows me would put me in the die hard fan category, yet I enjoy TCW.

Is it aimed at a youonger audience? Of course it is. It makes no attempts to claim otherwise. And yet many people get mad that a show aimed at a younger audience is aimed at a younger audience. On top of that, many ignore the fact that there has been lots of recent SW aimed totally at an older audience. But whatever, TCW must be wrecking everything Star Wars because...wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Q
The kiddiefying of Star Wars has been going on since RoTJ.
Again, I disagree with that seemingly common sentiment, Q. I think anyone would be hard pressed to make a list of SW stuff that has come out over the last few decades that showed that the majority of it was aimed at children.

Even in recent times, when apparently everything SW is kiddy, in my mind most mainstream things have been aimed at the traditional or even older SW fans. Republic, Legacy, KOTOR, Knight Errant comics, Clone Wars, post-ROTJ, and Old Republic novels, TFU and TOR games, etc. And yet the TCW and maybe a couple Lego games overrides all that?

Nonsense I say!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everyone has to like TCW. But at least dislike it for legitimate reasons. I don't think the fact that it is aimed at a younger audience is a legitimate reason to say it sucks. Even that being said, I think there is a lot that an older SW fan can enjoy.

Two questions for the "haters", just out of curiosity. When was the last time you watched the show, and is the EU conflicts the biggest beef?

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2011, 12:05 AM   #26
mstr kenobi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
The original Clone Wars series was awesome... the newer CG Clone Wars series... well it doesn't really make sense to me.
I know what you mean, the Tartakovsky(??) series was awesome.

And here is my legitimate reason, the Clone Wars are pathetic, and by that i mean the actual war in a GFFA, the galaxy wide conflict.

Nothing happens in it!!!! The Clone Wars (the series) is just Anakin, Obi-Wan, (insert random Jedi name) doing random stuff that never end up affecting the war in the big picture, no one important, be it in the good/bad side, ends up permanently affected, it never goes anywhere, bottom line, nothing happens that affects the war or the galaxy.

That series is just endless masturbation.

And yeah i haven't watched it in a while... thank god for that!!!

Jeez i got a little excited here lol

Last edited by mstr kenobi; 04-03-2011 at 12:12 AM.
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #27
Primogen

This -is - a war where the Clones have, I believe the number is 3 million clones, while the CIS numbers in trillions of droid soldiers? When you've got people who think -that- makes any kind of sense, of course the Clone Wars comes off as retarded - nobody writing it has any concept of the kind of numbers needed to wage a world war, much less a galactic one.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:37 AM   #28
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primogen View Post
This -is - a war where the Clones have, I believe the number is 3 million clones, while the CIS numbers in trillions of droid soldiers? When you've got people who think -that- makes any kind of sense, of course the Clone Wars comes off as retarded - nobody writing it has any concept of the kind of numbers needed to wage a world war, much less a galactic one.
The curse of Traviss strikes again.

There is no set number of Clones. There's been confusion over the actual number of Clones since Episode II, compounded by the Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic, and made worse by the fact that all the authors writing books straight after Episode II liked to pluck numbers from thin air.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #29
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Forum Veteran 
To be honest, the kidifying of Star Wars started with A New Hope(in other words, it's always been kinda kiddy). There are some more adult themes, but lets face it, even in the first movie, it was relatively clean. Would you not let a child watch Star Wars: A New Hope? It's one of the few series that you could watch with the whole family.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:27 PM   #30
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
The Clone Wars CG series are actually on the whole better than the prequel movies.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #31
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious View Post
The Clone Wars CG series are actually on the whole better than the prequel movies.
And Mass Effect is actually on the whole better than Dragon Age.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #32
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Star Wars movies are for children. Your point?

And someone got this thread right. It's all about "Star Wars should die because of The Clone Wars series". It's a bit sad that someone could be so selfish. But whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstr kenobi View Post
Nothing happens in it!!!! The Clone Wars (the series) is just Anakin, Obi-Wan, (insert random Jedi name) doing random stuff that never end up affecting the war in the big picture, no one important, be it in the good/bad side, ends up permanently affected, it never goes anywhere, bottom line, nothing happens that affects the war or the galaxy.
And the Genndy' series did that since when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstr kenobi View Post
And yeah i haven't watched it in a while... thank god for that!!!
Nothing like knowing what you're talking about...

Old 04-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #33
Primogen

Star Wars is not for children. It's not -not- for children, but it's not kiddy, what with the war, implied incest, murder, torture, people having limbs chopped off, and so on.

Teletubbies is a kiddy movie. Star Wars are -family- movies. The kind you don't see much any more - I sure as hell wouldn't take my kid to see the Prequel Trilogy, he/she wouldn't need -that- perspective on romance.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #34
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
Why are you linking to the petition if you disagree with it's premise?
Love for the Clone Wars is not its premise, just the personal opinion of the author, try actually reading it. the premise is that EU is used for no other reason than to change things.

OT: Star Wars should continue, just less releases, and higher quality, more attention paid to public relations and continuity.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #35
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Star Wars is not for children.
It is. At least the same way as the series is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
OT: Star Wars should continue, just less releases,
Why?

Old 04-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #36
Primogen

Okay, watch a Star Wars movie and then watch a kid's movie, and we'll continue on this pointless tangent.

Anyway, yeah, the problem is not the number of stuff made for Star Wars but the low quality, because at this point Star Wars has become a guaranteed sure sale so they figure it doesn't need to be of particularly high quality.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #37
SITH LORD 872

Current Game: KOTOR 1
I was hoping for a movie or a series based around KOTOR, I just watched the new season of V and i have to say i really likes it better than the 80's tv series.

SITH LORD 872 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #38
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Okay, watch a Star Wars movie and then watch a kid's movie, and we'll continue on this pointless tangent.
That only supports my statement.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #39
Primogen

Star Wars movies do not have the same content as a movie directly aimed at kids. Name the last time you saw a movie clearly directed at children that had war, torture, implied incest, bodily mutilation, and so on.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #40
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Star Wars movies do not have the same content as a movie directly aimed at kids. Name the last time you saw a movie clearly directed at children that had war, torture, implied incest, bodily mutilation, and so on.
It painfully obliviously that you sir have never watched Looney Tunes.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Am I the only one who thinks Star Wars should die?