lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Geonosis planetary security
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
SmootheOperator
Rookie

Current Game: Replaying Gears Of War trilogy
Geonosis planetary security

how terrible is geonosian planetary security, or even detection when an entire Republic battle group, a hundred Jedi, and landing craft just show up in the middle of a "sporting" event?

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
SmootheOperator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
It is inferred that the Jedi were able to secretly land on the planet, and that the outlying Confederate forces that would have detected the Republic fleet were destroyed before they could warn the rest of the planet of their approach.

If we are willing to accept the legitimacy of EU sources, it is detailed in the Clone Wars game (released years ago, no relation to the current TV series) how advance Jedi forces landed clandestinely ahead of the Republic fleet (since Yoda left for Kamino and Windu's Jedi for Geonosis simultaneously) and destroyed a few small outposts and such on the way to the arena.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
SmootheOperator
Rookie

i'm just saying, on geonosis, a planet full of goenosians and droids, how did no one notice a bunch of Jedi, of drastically varying species in the stadium.

I wonder if the Republic Commandos had anything to do with the removal of outposts throughout Geonosis? That would be a book i'd read.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 04-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

10 year veteran! 
They were all probably using invisibility cloaks.

Also, we don't know if there weren't any other non-Geonosian species on the planet, such as in markets and towns.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
SmootheOperator
Rookie

possibly, but from what Attack Of The Clones showed, it looked like the vast majoirty in attendance were geonosians.

Another thing, how did Dooku not sense that many powerful force users in one place, right below him. And Mace Windu right behind him?

Old 04-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #6
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

10 year veteran! 
If you're going to rip apart AotC like that, you're going to find a bazillion other mistakes, inconsistencies and plot holes, smoothie.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2011, 04:58 AM   #7
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Geonosians don't seem particularly strong willed. It doesn't seem as if 200 Jedi would have much trouble getting past them.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #8
SmootheOperator
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
If you're going to rip apart AotC like that, you're going to find a bazillion other mistakes, inconsistencies and plot holes, smoothie.
i know, i'm just keying off that. This forum seems to be a littel stale lately, so i'm just nattering for ****s and giggles.

it just happens to be one of those things that i noticed, and is inside my little brain for today

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Geonosis planetary security