lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Force Unleashed (III): A New Hope
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-11-2012, 03:57 AM   #1
DarthGeo
Lurker

The Force Unleashed (III): A New Hope

My biggest dream for this series is to see The Force Unleashed (III): A New Hope! It could have an intro level to kill off the StarKiller (for real this time) which leads into Vader chasing Leia's ship over Tatooine. It could be through Starkiller and his use of the force that Leia is told about Obi Wan being alive and on Tatooine which prompts her to leave and go to the planet to seek out his help.

I really think these games based on the three original films (A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back & Return of the Jedi) are LONG overdue. I think they could focus on the side stories left to our imaginations as well as the main stories we already know, tying them together with the old and "new", i.e.:

Luke bullseyeing womp rats in his T-16 in Begger's Canyon
Han rescues Chewie
Han and Chewie dump their cargo and piss off Jabba.
The Kessel run!
Yoda's arrival on Dagobah and HIS experience with the cave
The rebels fleeing Yavin and moving to Hoth
The rebel fleet fleeing Hoth
Vader and Fett's arrival on Yavin and meeting with Lando
A bounty hunter side story explaining what happened to them after leaving Vader's star destroyer
Wookie revolt, since they are the slave workers of the Empire
Ewoks dealing with the arrival of the Empire on their forest moon

I can go on and on with this! Each mission is different and you play multiple characters throughout all the games, including Wicked (Ewok), Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Yoda, Lando, Vader, Admiral Ackbar (leading the fleet) and so on! The possibilities are virtually endless. Why do the powers that be not see the potential there? This could be bigger than Tomb Raider was!

Anyone else here have any thoughts on this?
DarthGeo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2012, 05:28 AM   #2
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
So...this is just a fan-fiction thread, title is misleading tho

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
Mandalore5
Rookie

Current Game: Empire at War:Thrawn's Revenge
Some of this is in other stuff - for example, the capture of Leia above Tatooine is already in Empire at War, and Yoda's arrival on Dagobah is explained in the Thrawn Trilogy (or maybe Hand of Thrawn - can't remember, but he fought a Dark Jedi).

I'm Mandalore, KotOR scripter-for-hire. Some know me, most don't. Here I am either way.
My KotOR1 Restoration Project (not just mine, there's someone else): http://deadlystream.com/forum/forum/...storation-k1r/
Mandalore5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
DarthGeo
Lurker

Blix, not so much fan fiction as what seems like the natural progression of the Force Unleashed video game line. We have NOT had a Tomb Raider style Star Wars game based on the original trilogy! We need it!
Old 11-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
DarthGeo
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore5 View Post
Some of this is in other stuff - for example, the capture of Leia above Tatooine is already in Empire at War, and Yoda's arrival on Dagobah is explained in the Thrawn Trilogy (or maybe Hand of Thrawn - can't remember, but he fought a Dark Jedi).
Checking out Empire at War, thanks for the recommendation!

Do recall the dark Jedi from Thrawn trilogy! I think that would make an awesome Yoda level actually. Basically even if it just followed the original trilogy movies in Tomb Raider format I would die happy!
Old 11-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #6
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Yeah, just to build on what Mandalore5 said, I'm pretty sure most or all of the events on your list were already covered by other Expanded Universe material. I do actually quite like your idea for the third game to overlap with the events of A New Hope, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Secret Apprentice's Logs > The Force Unleashed (III): A New Hope

Tags
empire, force, hope, iii, jedi, skywalker, star, starkiller, unleashed, wars