lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Multiplayer - CL_ParsePacketEntities-Error
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-07-2002, 11:59 AM   #1
Lego

Unhappy Multiplayer - CL_ParsePacketEntities-Error

Hi folks,

I'm trying to play JK2-mukltiplayer and after playing a while JK2 exits to the mainscreen with this message appearing in a yellow JK2-style window: Error: CL_ParsePacketEntities: end of message. I tried different options for setting up a game, but the problem occurs too in a joined game.

But strangely this error occurs just in the multiplayer-mode singleplayer works just fine.

Are there any known conflicts ... hm, i might try my firewall (Norton Firewall) ... please help.

Thx!

Lego
Lego is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2002, 12:19 PM   #2
Lego

Ok, it's not the firewall nor any of the other background programs (e.g. Liveware!, Immersion Desktop, etc.).
Lego is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2002, 01:50 PM   #3
tores

CL_ParsePacketEntities-Error

I have the same problems... If anyone knows how to fix this pleas reply...

I have read some q3 forums and if u have the same problem there the most tell to upgrade your network card.. but I have the newest drivers so... :P

But if there is any other way to fix this please reply here cus i really want to play jedi2 in multiplayer....

//tores
tores is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2002, 03:42 PM   #4
insaniak

I can't even host my own game against a bot because it still gives me that error. What's the deal with that? It has nothing to do with internet.
insaniak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2002, 06:34 PM   #5
SanguineLust

Same problem here.

I don't get it. I could play on the internet just fine now all of the sudden I am getting the cl_ParsePacketEntities message. I can play for like 5 seconds then Im back at the main menu with that message.

No matter what you believe, don't beleive in you....and that's true!yeah!
SanguineLust is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2002, 07:27 PM   #6
Taraheath

I get the same error, never have played a multiplayer game yet because i get that message.
Taraheath is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2002, 08:55 PM   #7
slowranger

I get the same error myself!! I was just logging into here to post about it. I also get CL_ParseServerMessage: Illegible Server Message on the occaisions I do not get the other error

Rebel without a cause!
slowranger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2002, 08:56 PM   #8
Shadow17548

Thumbs down

i get this 2.... i get a max of 2minutes then i get the CL_ParsePacketEntities error.

It seems like the tech help in here is next to nothing, so i dont really expect to have this error solved. :P

PS Lucasarts PLZ put the SP lightsaber physics in MP
Shadow17548 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2002, 09:50 PM   #9
Taicat

I got this too, right after I tried applying the 'no-cd' patch a friend gave me.

Once I removed it, I was fine......

HTH!
Taicat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2002, 11:12 PM   #10
Swifty

I was getting all these errors too, until I tried Taicat's un-cracking the CD. I can play now.

Guess the MP knows you've altered the executable code.
Swifty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2002, 11:13 PM   #11
SanguineLust

Quote:
Originally posted by Taicat
I got this too, right after I tried applying the 'no-cd' patch a friend gave me.

Once I removed it, I was fine......

HTH!
Yup me too. I have re-installed without the cd crack and everything is fine again. I was not having any troubles until I used the crack. Now that its out, I can play just fine.

No matter what you believe, don't beleive in you....and that's true!yeah!
SanguineLust is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2002, 11:34 PM   #12
WhiteChedda

Re: Multiplayer - CL_ParsePacketEntities-Error

Quote:
Originally posted by Lego
Hi folks,

I'm trying to play JK2-mukltiplayer and after playing a while JK2 exits to the mainscreen with this message appearing in a yellow JK2-style window: Error: CL_ParsePacketEntities: end of message. I tried different options for setting up a game, but the problem occurs too in a joined game.

But strangely this error occurs just in the multiplayer-mode singleplayer works just fine.

Are there any known conflicts ... hm, i might try my firewall (Norton Firewall) ... please help.

Thx!

Lego
This indicates a packet did not come through as expected, if you are trying to play the game on your own server, it may be something with your system outside of the network device, but for now lets assume its correct.

1. Upgrade the drivers
2. If you are doing this hooked up to an ACTUAL network, check the cables, etc.. can you transmit files and such?
3. Try disebeling the firewall all togather to test it, it may be blocking the port the game uses. Try setting it to allow all netowrk traffic for a minute, if that doesn't fix it, then use CTRL+ALT+DEL and make sure to end task the firewall, if it still does not work, you've ruled out the firewall.
4. Spyware, notorious for screwing with TCP/IP multiplayer games. There are several spyware apps out there, but I suggest adaware from lavasoft, avaiable here www.lavasoftusa.com

Force, Schmorse, I got da Schwartz!

Drivers - http://www.afn.org/~afn03257/drivers.html
WhiteChedda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2002, 12:21 PM   #13
pilot6

Well guess what its the bloody network card causing the problem with this error as soon as i disable it under network connections all works great now what can we do about a solution to this?

ASUS A7M266-D, REV1.04
256 MB Registered ECC Ram
2 x ATHLON XP 2000+ CPU's
MSI Ti46000 128Mb DDR Vid card.
pilot6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2002, 12:35 PM   #14
mikesc

>1. Upgrade the drivers

We have the most recent drivers.

>2. If you are doing this hooked up to an ACTUAL network, check the cables, etc.. can you transmit files and such?

Our LAN worked with Jedi-Knight

>3. Try disebeling the firewall all togather to test it, it may be blocking the port the game uses. Try setting it to allow all netowrk traffic for a minute, if that doesn't fix it, then use CTRL+ALT+DEL and make sure to end task the firewall, if it still does not work, you've ruled out the firewall.

Firewall is disabled.

>4. Spyware, notorious for screwing with TCP/IP multiplayer games. There are several spyware apps out there, but I suggest adaware from lavasoft, avaiable here www.lavasoftusa.com

We don´t have any Spyware ( except Windoze ) installed.

Playing on the Internet still doesn´t work.We get disconnected ( even the Server ) after 2-5 Minutes.
mikesc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2002, 02:23 PM   #15
spiral23

Smile

SOLUTION !!!

Alright, I have the solution to those who want to play mp without the game cd. As stated in some of the posts, if you use a no-cd patch, the mp wont work, so instead of patching the jk2mp.exe, use a loader instead.

First of all, make sure you have a non-patched mp.exe like off the game cd.

Then goto gamecopyworld.com and download the "Jedi Knight 2 v1.0 SP/MP [ENGLISH] No-CD #2" file. This zip has a mp loader that you put in your gamedata dir and execute that starts the jk2mp.exe without actually modifying the file, and there you have it, mp games without cd and without damn errors! Enjoy!
spiral23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2002, 05:12 PM   #16
Mattey

i still get those errors after using that no-cd thing u told us to use m8

what do i do now
Mattey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2002, 06:56 PM   #17
Dephier

yea i tried it to still get the bloody errors
Dephier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 12:39 PM   #18
Uncle Meat

For what it's worth, I actually had to uninstall and reinstall the game entirely after applying the no-cd patch to get the error to go away.

tried it on my other machine with the same patch. same error. so that seems to be the culprit. No biggie, I'll just leave the damn cd in the drive and listen to my walkman or something.
Uncle Meat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2002, 01:53 PM   #19
HeavyWacko

Thumbs up RE:

Guys.. there are indeed some nocd cracks that don`t work, yet there are also some that dō work.
Believe me.
Go to gamecopyworld and look for the following crack:
Jedi Knight 2 v1.0 SP/MP [ENGLISH] No-CD #2 01-04-2002
BugHUNTER/EVO
It`ll work.
It did for me anyways..

HeavyWacko out.

HeavyWacko
HeavyWacko is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2002, 05:07 AM   #20
SiRSuDs

I tried the no-cd #2, it won't find servers, nor will let me connect from gamespy. argh, i need to play this. please any updates on what i can do.
SiRSuDs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2006, 08:57 PM   #21
larry 141094
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanguineLust
Yup me too. I have re-installed without the cd crack and everything is fine again. I was not having any troubles until I used the crack. Now that its out, I can play just fine.
Hi i have a problem i have the real copy of the game and when i reinstalled it because i got this message CL_parsepacketentities end of message! it continued can u help?
larry 141094 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2006, 02:21 PM   #22
Piou
Lurker

Hello guys. I have the same problem... Someone sat on my cd, and I cannot play anymore... So I downloaded a nocd crack to play the game, but the game shuts down after 30 sec, with the message CL_blablabla.
And I cannot reinstall the game, because the first cd is needed to complete the installation
Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi... ><
Piou is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2006, 12:07 AM   #23
Johnpp

I Believe talk of illegal cracks is not allowed here. Dont do it.

Opera user.
IE hater.
JKA player.
DooM player.
Quake 2 player.
Real life player.
Johnpp is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2011, 06:47 AM   #24
z_vampire_z
Lurker

i was download this game on internet
and I get the same error, never have played a multiplayer game yet because i get that message
so, how to fix it ???
p/s : i have no cd to install this game
some 1 can tell me how to fix it ??
p/s2 : sorry my english is not good

please !! help me ( (
z_vampire_z is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #25
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
buy the game and your error will magically dissapear.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/6030/

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Technical Help > Multiplayer - CL_ParsePacketEntities-Error