lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Jade Empire Steam Issues
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
Revan 411
Forumite

Jade Empire Steam Issues

I bought Jade Empire on Steam a few days back when it was on special. I've been trying to run the game but all I've gotten from all this is problems. Jade Empire simply will not work on my Steam platform for some reason and I honestly don't know what to do to fix this problem. It seems like BioWare has an anti-Steam agenda and designed their old games to be as incompatible with Steam as possible. That's an exaggeration on my part, but you guys know the point I'm trying to get at.

Anyway, being the good person I am, I took a picture of the problem.

Show spoiler

I have Google searched this problem, and I have tried this method but it didn't work. If any of you know how to fix this problem, then please send back a reply. Thank you again for your time and patience.

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #2
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Try running Steam with Admin privileges.

If that doesn't work, try the XP compatibility mode trick, as per this post in the JE forum: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...90&postcount=4
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2013, 01:44 AM   #3
Revan 411
Forumite

That got it to work, but I avoided that route on purpose. The reason being is because Steam gave me a warning about how I should not run the client on compatibility mode or admin mode. I'm a bit concerned about what could happen to my Steam client if I do keep running it in compatibility mode just for one game.

Oh well, at least Jade Empire is working now. Thanks again.

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan 411 View Post
because Steam
Well there's your problem. Sadly it's not an easily correctable one.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Jade Empire Steam Issues