lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Super Star Destroyer Eclipse
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-01-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
Annfield Red
Rookie

Super Star Destroyer Eclipse

Hi,

Still trying to get used to playing FOC, and wonder if someone can please help?

I have build the Death Star and Lord Vader's ship the Executor, but can't figure out how you build the Emperor ship Eclipse. I tried putting the Emperor in space but all he gets if a lander shuttle.

How do you get the Eclipse?

Thanks a lot.
Annfield Red is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
Ali1392
Rookie

its campane only
Ali1392 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2007, 03:14 PM   #3
ImpElite

The manual says the Empire gets an Eclipse, but it's only during the Zann Consortium campaign on the last mission, which sorta sucks, except for the fact that it would bring balance to doom.

ex-UEAW Mod Team Mapper.

ImpElite is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2007, 04:31 PM   #4
Anakin Skywalker
Argetlam

Helpful! 
I don't get the ending of it..... Zann went for the Eclipse but then decided to leave it? WTF?

Sadly..... the Eclipse is only available in campain... as the two above me have already pointed out.... It would be cool to use in a regular space battle though
Anakin Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, actually the only time a Eclipse being playable is under the ZC campaign, and even then it is playable as ZC and not Empire, and worse it is an "under construction" eclipse to boot, with only one hardpoint.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2007, 05:08 AM   #6
Daniel333
Rookie

Hey l know of a mod ofcourse a XML mod that will help not only get the eclipse for one credit but make everything else ONE CREDIT its so cool its for the empire corupt and rebels and heres the web site:http://www.cheathappens.com/show_download.asp?ID=22011
its a cheat mod for the 3 factions

Star Wars Galaxie Player:

Several Alts

Main Character: Venuew Louthmic
Strongest Weapon: Forward Command Knuckler
Poffesion: Entertainer
Level: 90
Pilot Level: Advance Fighters skill level
Favourite Armour: Katarn Armour (clone armour)
Owns two pets
High leveled Beast Master
Very Powerful moves
Server: Ahazi
Suggest this thread

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=174146
Daniel333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2007, 07:55 AM   #7
Docter_Aap
Rookie

but that would kinda take the challenge of a good GC war away wouldnt it?
Docter_Aap is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2007, 12:38 PM   #8
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

That sounds...no fun at all.

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2007, 07:35 AM   #9
Solid Snake
Rookie

i agree that the eclipse should have been buildable in skirmishes/GC mode. would it be possible to create some type of mod to make it buildable in those modes? that would totally rule
Solid Snake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2007, 09:46 AM   #10
ImpElite

there's already a few mods that include a buildable eclipse, can't really remember the names though.....

ex-UEAW Mod Team Mapper.

ImpElite is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2007, 10:41 AM   #11
Docter_Aap
Rookie

z3r0x addon mod has it. But i wish someone made the Eclipse with weapons (like the executor, lots of turbo lasers and stuff)
Docter_Aap is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2007, 11:37 AM   #12
mrsparkle

The Eclipse is an "instant win" ship in skirmish so it wouldn't work. unlike the Executor which is powerful but slow and vulnerable...and with no "instant win" laser.

Plus, I think it's fuggin' ugly. It's like a giant stretched pyramid in space. That has nothing to do with game balance but I thought you should know
mrsparkle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2007, 07:38 PM   #13
xhh2a
Rookie

it is possible to kill the eclipse sinceit has no unlim. fighters to kill the bombers. It is also slow. Although it is extremly hard.......just slightly easier with bombers(vs eclipse alone, and executer alone in these comparisons),
I must say the complete model looks worse than in the trailers..........

Imperial Assault II Mod for Empire at War!
May the force be with you, Always
The Corruption is Spreading!

For the REBELLION!
xhh2a is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2007, 07:56 PM   #14
Yuuzhan Vong
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin Skywalker
I don't get the ending of it..... Zann went for the Eclipse but then decided to leave it? WTF?

Sadly..... the Eclipse is only available in campain... as the two above me have already pointed out.... It would be cool to use in a regular space battle though
The reason why he left the Eclipse was because he had drawn out billions of credits from the vault on coruscant, plus, if he did take it with him, he would be a huge target for the imperials.
Yuuzhan Vong is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2007, 10:09 PM   #15
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

Vong is right, he didnt take the Eclipse because he didnt need it after all the money he got from various imperial sources.

> Lucas Forums Moderator
> Petroglyph Forums Moderator
> Unofficial Petroglyph Fan Forums Global Moderator
popcorn2008 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #16
EmperorPalpa
Lurker

I have small problem. I found nice mod on http://everythingeaw.com/showthread.php?t=81. It allow you to buy Eclipse in GC. When i click mod download button (i'm registered) i see i'm not allow to download because i don't have permission. I don't understand. Please help or put it on Empire at war files.

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
EmperorPalpa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2007, 02:32 PM   #17
magna mandaloe
Rookie

and even if Zann did keep it that would throw the cannon completely off.

*Changed cause I did'nt like old much*
magna mandaloe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #18
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Other than that, how do you maintain such a ship of high technology? Well, unless you kidnap those techies too, then you should parobably take the Maw or something.

It would be a huge "I am Here" sign everytime it is seen. That is certainly not something Zann wants.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2007, 06:21 PM   #19
Igor_Cavkov
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Other than that, how do you maintain such a ship of high technology? Well, unless you kidnap those techies too, then you should parobably take the Maw or something.

It would be a huge "I am Here" sign everytime it is seen. That is certainly not something Zann wants.
agree

SW Galaxies Online name: Cavkov
Server: Chimaera
Profession: Bounty Hunter
Guild: DOS - Dark Order of the Sith

If you only knew the power of the darkside!
Igor_Cavkov is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2007, 01:20 PM   #20
mosherboyuk
Rookie

It would be cool if someone could create a skirmish map where there's a captureable Eclipse, like mining facilities etc. So you would have to fight the fighters etc around the Eclipse to get control of it, but it would have to be a very largely unit filled map otherwise the fastest ships would get it first.
mosherboyuk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2007, 09:07 PM   #21
BanthaFodder01
Rookie

You say Exclipse would be an instant win in a space battle because of it's super laser. I'm not sure how thats different than the Death Star II's super laser, I think it recharges faster even.

Anyways I think both should be buildable but take a long time to construct. The FoC is already over-powered even with the recent update, one eclipse would help. Also, they need to change the Death Star II - IG-88 scenario. I was at Bothuwui with my death star and right after going in GC view after the battle, Bothuwui blows up and with it the Executor, Palp, etc... Then you can't rebuild the Second Death Star, wonderful. I would be ok if the price rose and there was a timer, but at least let us rebuild it.

On top of all of that, the AI in this game SUCKS. units sometimes go off chasing enemies, Auto Resolve is horrible. One battle I had Darth, Palp, Thrawn, and a couple Star Destroyers. I put them in a battle with a lvl 3 space stations and 2 Venerators...everyone died and none of the enemy did. I realize you should fight battles but if the AI is gonna be biased as to who wins then what's the point in auto resolve.

Anyways, sorry for going off in a rant.
BanthaFodder01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2008, 05:21 PM   #22
Premier Varchious
Lurker

I Got The Executor In The First Empire At War But I Didnt No The Emporer Got One
Premier Varchious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2008, 08:23 AM   #23
DarthMaulUK

The Eclipse is only available in the campaign mode of the game - not in skirmish games
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #24
danielueaqchampion
Lurker

hear me

you cane easy build the eclipse in skirmish and cq if you have ueaw mod v.04 i think that the name but if you have that play cq as the empire try to play gatewayes make a space station level 5 on byss and then you cane make the elipse the sad thing is you can't make a executor and the elipse can't shot on space stations but still you cane make it on byss if you have a level 5 space station the same in skirmish have a level 5 space station and you cane make the elipse hope this help your all to understand you cane make it in cq and skirmish not only use it in last level of capaign hope this help
danielueaqchampion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Forces of Corruption > Super Star Destroyer Eclipse