lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Modifying Modules to not use the same name for two different objects
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-23-2011, 01:41 AM   #1
MechWarrior001
Rookie

Question Modifying Modules to not use the same name for two different objects

So I've started my "Journey" into modding TSL by starting out with something simple - making doors automatically close. I've pretty much got it down concerning using KOTOR Tool and etc, but the thing is there are multiple modules that use the same name for two completely different sets of doors. (For example, the BXC Office door and one of the Bay Control doors)

How would I modify these modules to use a alternate set of doors to eliminate conflicts?

Also, other doors have been set to execute a dialog script upon opening (For example, the Ithorian Compound Door and their Greeter). How would I set it to still execute this one-time script but close itself after opening?

Last edited by MechWarrior001; 07-23-2011 at 01:53 AM.
MechWarrior001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2011, 02:17 AM   #2
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
For multiple doors you would have to make a custom door and then implement it into the module through the .git. You would have to set a conditional so
It would only fire once. The easiest way I can think to do this is through booleans. I don't have time to post details so feel free to ask questions.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2011, 02:49 AM   #3
MechWarrior001
Rookie

Hmm, how would I do that? What files are booleans store in?

Also, where do I put the *.gits? In the override folder, or would I have put it in a *.rim and place it in the modules folder?

Old 07-23-2011, 07:26 AM   #4
Elite Duck
Rookie

A .rim is made up of ".ifo" ," .are" and ".git". You need to compile your .git with the other 2 into a rim which goes it the modules folder.
If you're replacing something it's highly reccomended to make a backup of the original

Elite Duck is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
MechWarrior001
Rookie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Duck View Post
A .rim is made up of ".ifo" ," .are" and ".git". You need to compile your .git with the other 2 into a rim which goes it the modules folder.
If you're replacing something it's highly reccomended to make a backup of the original
How would I compile the .rim? What tool do I use?

Old 07-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #6
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I would suggest not replacing the .rim file but using a .mod file instead. It inserts all your changes to a module but without having to replace any in-game files. You can make a .mod through Kotor tool. In the upper right hand corner their is a button that says ERF, click on it and a window will open. From there you can select to make a .mod file, where it exports to, and what name it has. Then you add the files you want and build it. However, TSLRCM uses .mod files for most of the modules and to most people it is a nessecity to have TSLRCM installed so you would have to talk to DarthStoney about how to make TSLRCM and your mod compatible.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #7
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
All of the information you seek can be found in the Tutorials section. My advice would be to start here.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modifying Modules to not use the same name for two different objects