lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Help KoTOR III Get Made!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-29-2014, 07:41 PM   #1
socksOdoom
Lurker

Lightbulb Help KoTOR III Get Made!

I've taken the liberty of starting a petition for LucasArts to make a new KoTOR game.

Check it out Here!
socksOdoom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2015, 12:06 AM   #2
DrPhil2501
BAANAAANAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Current Game: Mass Effect
Hot Topic Starter 
hate to break your balls, but petitions don't really work... at least in terms of pressuring studios to produce video games. In addition to that, you would need thousands (if not millions) of signatures to make an effective petition. A goal of less than 100 is simply not enough.
DrPhil2501 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2015, 05:59 PM   #3
socksOdoom
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil2501 View Post
hate to break your balls, but petitions don't really work... at least in terms of pressuring studios to produce video games. In addition to that, you would need thousands (if not millions) of signatures to make an effective petition. A goal of less than 100 is simply not enough.
My balls are now broken. Oh and I accidentally set the target to 100. Oh well. A guy can dream. Do you think they'll ever make a KotOR III?
Old 01-06-2015, 09:19 AM   #4
milestails

Nope. But you can enjoy this in the meantime:

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=217709
milestails is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2015, 10:29 PM   #5
Ilikenoodles
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil2501 View Post
Actually I hate to break my balls buddy but Rockstar recently caved to an online petition to port and release GTA 5 on PC after said petition garnered almost a million signatures
https://www.change.org/p/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc

Thats obviously not the same as them being petitioned to create a full game but it goes to show if u show a dev that enough people will buy something a petition requests then its good business to give the people what they want

ALSO

Someone give ME a well deserved kick up the arse
This is utter horse ****! (Excuse my french)

Yahoo and Hotmail do not arbitrarily block all incoming forum mail
(Where F*K has he got this from? Ive never EVER had a forum registration email blocked in 15 years from hotmail or yahoo for that matter...
Sent to spam sure but blocked..?)

but even if they did it would be far more efficient for everyone if this board asked you to check your spam folder instead of having to create an entirely new email account to access this board if you happen to be in the 80% of people on the internet who use the most popular provider's RANT OVER.
(Im going off my own opinion there based on using the internet since its beginning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestails View Post
Nope. But you can enjoy this in the meantime:

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=217709
This looks cool as hell! definitely checking this out thankyou for posting.
Also FYI lol im quietly confident we will see an official KOTOR III within 2 years.

Last edited by Sithspecter; 01-08-2015 at 01:49 AM.
Ilikenoodles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2015, 06:56 AM   #6
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by socksOdoom View Post
I've taken the liberty of starting a petition for LucasArts to make a new KoTOR game.
Your petition states:

Quote:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was my favourite Star Wars game, and one of my favourite games altogether. After finishing the second installment, The Sith Lords, I was suddenly bored. The hope of this petition is for LucasArts to make a new Star Wars RPG.
On April 3, 2013, a Disney representative confirmed that LucasArts would cease to operate as a video game developer. Future video games based on its properties will either be developed by Disney Interactive Studios or licensed to third-party developers. As a result, all of its future internal projects were cancelled, and most of its staff were laid off from the company.

On May 6, 2013, it was revealed that Electronic Arts would develop Star Wars games, through an exclusive license, for the core gaming market. Through this agreement, Disney Interactive Studios retained the ability to develop, and LucasArts retained the ability to license, the franchise for the casual gaming market.

To sum up, you need to petition Electronic Arts (and NOT LucasArts) as they hold the Star Wars exclusive license.

In addition the petition title is listed as "Make a third KoTOR game, or something similar." You know the response is that Electronic Arts is likely to interpret The Old Republic as "something similar."

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2015, 09:00 AM   #7
Ilikenoodles
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post

In addition the petition title is listed as "Make a third KoTOR game, or something similar." You know the response is that Electronic Arts is likely to interpret The Old Republic as "something similar."
This im afraid I have to agree with
EA is the death of video games the ruin everything they touch
If I was to petition EA it would be to make sure they didnt make the game
Ilikenoodles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2015, 09:08 AM   #8
Alkonium
To Mend and Defend

Current Game: Guild Wars 2
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
Your petition states:

On April 3, 2013, a Disney representative confirmed that LucasArts would cease to operate as a video game developer. Future video games based on its properties will either be developed by Disney Interactive Studios or licensed to third-party developers. As a result, all of its future internal projects were cancelled, and most of its staff were laid off from the company.

On May 6, 2013, it was revealed that Electronic Arts would develop Star Wars games, through an exclusive license, for the core gaming market. Through this agreement, Disney Interactive Studios retained the ability to develop, and LucasArts retained the ability to license, the franchise for the casual gaming market.

To sum up, you need to petition Electronic Arts (and NOT LucasArts) as they hold the Star Wars exclusive license.

I think TOR is the closest we're going to get, especially with the EU being made non-canon. Also the petitionee is generally free to ignore the petition.

Alkonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2015, 02:56 PM   #9
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Screw the new canon; the EU is still the true Star Wars continuum, in my opinion. The Disney canon is an imposter.

Anyway, as for the topic at hand, there's one main problem: LucasArts doesn't exist anymore. Also, Drew Karpyshyn's book The Old Republic: Revan now serves as the official (at least pre-Disney) continuation of the KOTOR storyline, bridging it with TOR. If you want a KOTOR 3, that book is the closest thing you will get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2015, 04:42 PM   #10
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/Mass Effect
LF Jester Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
No, the closest you will get to it is TOR, which is the best KotOR game yet, followed closely by TSL. Shadow of Revan came out in December which hopefully concludes the story of the most over-hyped star wars character.

Although I doubt it.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2015, 07:49 AM   #11
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Forza 5
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member 
i think that we have a better chance of seeing a remastered version of Kotor 1 & 2 than we do a full on third game. just my 2 pennies.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2015, 11:52 AM   #12
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerhs View Post
i think that we have a better chance of seeing a remastered version of Kotor 1 & 2 than we do a full on third game.
I'd by that in a second.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2015, 10:47 PM   #13
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
The problem is that with Disney in control, they wiped out all EU which included the two KOTOR games. So Revan, Malak, Bastila, etc... are no longer canon. That makes KOTOR III impossible.

The only way it would ever work is if Disney decided to re-canonize KOTOR and its characters. Right now at this point, it's not hopeful.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2015, 01:13 AM   #14
socksOdoom
Lurker

Ok, well now my balls are UTTERLY broken.

So what, Anakin blabbering on about not liking sand is apparently more important than Bastilla's fall to the dark side?

And now EA makes Star Wars games? Eck. ****ing Disney.

Oh and they own Marvel as well? We better not see any Donald Duck and Spider-Man team ups.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:26 PM   #15
spike_xp
Rookie

Tbh, I don't really care about which one's canon anymore, all these legal stuffs hurt my head.

Although, there's one thing I'd like to see as canon: Wren's legacy in Old Republic setting. I've just watched Star Wars: Rebels and this Mandalorian girl kicks arse.

spoiler:
Who knows if they (whoever they are, be it Disney, EA, Dark Horse) expand Revan's mask back story, which was worn by a Mandalorian woman, which is Sabine's descendant, and write something about her times during Mandalorian crusade, yadda, yadda. Might as well write my own fanfic. Heh.
spike_xp is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2015, 03:52 PM   #16
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
The problem is that with Disney in control, they wiped out all EU which included the two KOTOR games. So Revan, Malak, Bastila, etc... are no longer canon. That makes KOTOR III impossible.

The only way it would ever work is if Disney decided to re-canonize KOTOR and its characters. Right now at this point, it's not hopeful.
Or if they simply agreed to allow "Legends" to continue to be written as an alternate universe. There are multiple groups petitioning Disney to do just that.

Quote:
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Old 02-16-2015, 03:50 PM   #17
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
It's 2015 and people are still talking about their wishes that a K3 will be made?

Astonishing.

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2015, 01:05 PM   #18
Qui-Gon Glenn
Digory Kirke's Bafflement

Current Game: KotOR awww yeah
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
No, the closest you will get to it is TOR, which is the best KotOR game yet
In your opinion. In my opinion it is terribad, unplayably so. But, of course, YMMV.

Darth Avlectus, why would anything surprise you

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2015, 04:21 PM   #19
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
In your opinion. In my opinion it is terribad, unplayably so. But, of course, YMMV.
Either you need a new computer, if you were being literal.

Or try a different story. There are 6 of them and they are not created equally. If you still think all 6 are so terrible, then I wouldn't bother with any game bioware produces since you don't like the their storytelling.

or you just had such butthurt over it not being a RPG, you couldn't see the story.

My problem with TOR was the 3rd one, but I got over it.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:31 PM   #20
Qui-Gon Glenn
Digory Kirke's Bafflement

Current Game: KotOR awww yeah
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Either you need a new computer, if you were being literal.
i7/STRIX970, nice clicky things.

Quote:
or you just had such butthurt over it not being a RPG, you couldn't see the story.

My problem with TOR was the 3rd one, but I got over it.
That is mostly it. But the controls were/are bad, and even fiddling with my mouse sensitivity didn't really change that too much.

Also, the fetchy quest stuff. I guess that is standard MMO fare (*cough* DA:Inquisition *cough*) but to me it became dull immediately, as did the game mentioned in my coughing fit moments ago.

I have installed it twice. Gave it a fair shot twice, was fairly awful at the gameplay and didn't like all the other people waiting in line, queuing things, having to tap my toes until I could do my next quest line.

We have had this argument before though, and I am still glad you have found it to be enjoyable and worth it.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2015, 09:27 AM   #21
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Just to be fair, no real reason to tap toes in TOR when you are allowed to switch instances. People stand around waiting not because of the game, but because they don't know all the features.

Just like DA:I you don't have to do the fetchy quest unless you are anal like me and have to complete everything possible on every toon. More than enough quest and experience in the game to get max level without having to kill everything you see.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:19 PM   #22
mattig89ch
Forumite

really? when I played it, I found too many times I needed to grind out those fecking fetch quests just to get up to lvl with the mainline quests.

Thats why I put it down really.

mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2015, 09:40 PM   #23
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
I hate level grinding. That's why I cheat.

Quote:
Old 05-07-2015, 07:05 PM   #24
Scorge
Back in Business

Current Game: SWTOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Besides TOR, the closest you will get to KotOR 3 is the small variety of total conversion mods out there.

Once MrObiWan

If you need help with textures on any KotOR/TSL mod, feel free to contact me.

Scorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2015, 04:26 PM   #25
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
And the Revan novel.

Quote:
Old 05-10-2015, 11:44 AM   #26
mattig89ch
Forumite

I've been listening to the old republic novels on audible. I'm surprised how good they are, just short.

mattig89ch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Help KoTOR III Get Made!

Tags
kotor 3