lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Help with new mandalorian armor.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
Mandalore_The_Dog
Rookie

Help with new mandalorian armor.

Like the title implies, I'm having some trouble with the new mandalorian armor. You see, what happens is when I start a new game, then leave the Endar Spire in the escape pod, I am taken directly to a room in the Ebon Hawk with nothing but a mandalorian corpse. I'm unable to get out of that room so I could really use some help ASAP.
Mandalore_The_Dog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
CptPriceless

Current Game: TSL
What new mandalorian armor? Is this a mod you're talking about? Because plenty of artists and skinners have designed multiple mandalorian armors.

CptPriceless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
This sounds similiar to a problem that was caused when using KSE prior to leaving the ES. Do you have the Kotor Cutscene fixer mod in your OR folder?

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Be specific man! Specific!

Are you using the Mandalorian Armor Mod by Darth DeadMan? If so then it may be a mod compatibility clash.
If you don't have any other mods, it may be a problem with the game itself. Make sure it's patched properly and you don't have a corrupted executable.

If it's none of those, I recommend Half-Life 2.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #5
Mandalore_The_Dog
Rookie

Sorry for the Confusion.

Sorry, i'm kinda new to this thing. The file name is mandalorain_battle_armors.rar, by LordRevan999. You can search for this MOD at filefront and the title is New Mandalorian Battle Armor.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #6
Mandalore_The_Dog
Rookie

Can anyone who's there please help me?
Old 07-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
CptPriceless

Alright. What exactly does this mod do, aside from adding/reskinning the mandalorian armor?

Old 07-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #8
Mandalore_The_Dog
Rookie

Explination

Well, when I start to get into the escape pod on the endar spire, it immediatly takes me to the starboard cabin of the ebon hawk (opposite of mission vao, for those who don't know the diff) and I can't go ANYWHERE else. Pretty much all that is there is the mandalorian corpse you find in the dantooine crystal cave. I know it is this MOD because when I uninstalled it, this glitch quit happening. I could really use some help, becuase I really like this MOD.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:14 PM   #9
CptPriceless

Alright, I already know what's happening but I don't know what this mod is originally intended to do...

Old 07-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #10
Mandalore_The_Dog
Rookie

They're basically reskins of the mandalorian armor.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:58 PM   #11
Mandalore_The_Dog
Rookie

Also, just out of curiosity, is this MOD compatable with pretty much every other MOD that has to do with mandalorian armor.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:36 AM   #12
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
In the read me listed over at Filefront, it lists the author's e-mail addresses. I suggest e-mailing them directly. As I can't (and won't) post those e-mail address here, I suggest revisiting that download page to to get those addresses.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2011, 12:45 AM   #13
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
WHy don't you instal it after the endar spire? Also what files come in the zip ?

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2011, 04:06 PM   #14
VeganHipster
Rookie

It can't have anything to do with the Mandalorian Armor because all that mod does is add those items into the game. You could try installing after you get off the Endar Spire like Canderis said, but you should tell us all of the other mods you have installed as it seams like other mods would be affecting more than a reskin of some Mandalorian armors.
VeganHipster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #15
Mandalore_The_Dog
Rookie

I know that it's this MOD, because when I uninstalled it, the game didn't have this problem.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #16
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Install it after the spire.

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #17
CptPriceless

Then apparently he gets that bug with Canderous on Taris. Why not just uninstall that mod completely? Don't use it?

Try this one instead: Mandalorian Ultimate Mod If that doesn't work, don't use it either.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #18
Mandalore_The_Dog
Rookie

Actually, I got the bug with Canderous in the lower city after I uninstalled the MOD. I actually want to think that it's because of the mandalorian ultimate mod. Wouldn't that kind of mess with it because of the diffrent appearance of Canderous?
Old 08-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #19
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: Destiny, Dragon Age:Inquisit
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
If you look at the user comments on the FileFront download page, there have been a few other people that have had similar problems with cutscenes. You could try contacting LordRevan999 or Darth Payne here through PM, but that mod was uploaded 3 years ago and there doesn't seem to be any fix or patch since then.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2011, 06:05 AM   #20
Lordjedi
Forumite

Perhaps you could use warp codes?
Lordjedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2011, 05:24 PM   #21
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Thank you for DLing this mod, and wanting to use it in you gaming.

I did the primary skinning, and LR did the tweeking of the skins as well as making the utis and the utp.

My suggestion would be to try removing the ut files one by one until you figure out which one is the culprit.

Though it *might* be the the placeable file that causes the problem. If so, remove it and try using the KSE to add the armors.

Unfortunately i have no idea what to do to fix said problem.

i'll take a look at the files in kotor tool to see if i can find the problem though.

Edit: Just played through the Endar Spire with just the Armor files in the override (using KSE to add them to my inventory before even checking the PCs personal locker) leaving out the datapad and UTP, the problem you mentioned has not happened yet.

Does anyone think i need to continue playing this save?

Which points strongly towards it being the placeables fault.

Btw, as one of the mod authors i feel i need to open this mod to other modder in a quest to make this mod compatible with other mods.

Also, if any of the Kfiles staff see this? I have lost my Kfiles login. Is there anyway to request a new password/login?

Edit2: Forgot to mention this. The UTI called 9003 is for the ingame armor, if you have one specific color in this mod that you want it is a very simple matter to rename the apropriate TGAs to match. This way you can have the armor of your preferance, with the stats of this mod.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.

Last edited by Darth Payne; 08-03-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Help with new mandalorian armor.