lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [Question] Adding blood splatters to the game
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-08-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
Kelvin
Rookie

Angry [Question] Adding blood splatters to the game

Is there any way to add a special effect, such as, a blood splatter, when any character attacks with a vibroblade, for instance? I've seen Sithspecters' rocket launcher, that has an explosion effect right when the rocket touches the target.

So i just want to know if it is possible to add a little of realism and gore with some blood splatters.
Kelvin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
Isaac Clarke

I don't think so... But I'm not a modder, but from what I've seen, I doubt it.
Isaac Clarke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
CptPriceless

Current Game: TSL
Perhaps instead of sparks you might be able to add blood splatters... But then again, no blood is going to be left on the armor or robes, unless you reskin everything - which will make them START with blood - or you remodel things and add them in game - extremely hard.

CptPriceless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
Canaan Sadow

Current Game: Pokemon & K2
I really don't think it'd add realism. They're technology is a lot more advanced... I'm don't think their swords are designed to make a bloody mess...
Canaan Sadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2011, 02:59 AM   #5
Capibara
Rookie

^Hehe... so advanced that they don't actually make the target bleed?, that would be somewhat believable for lightsabers (they cauterize while cutting), but then again they should sever bodies like there's no tomorrow... i always found that Obi-Wan Kennobi's line in Revenge of the Sith (when he kills Grievous with a blaster) about a blaster being 'barbaric' (or somesuch) quite hilarious; i mean, come on, for all intends and purposes Jedi use a nasty weapon that should leave trails of severed body parts all over the place.
Capibara is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2011, 03:43 AM   #6
Canaan Sadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capibara View Post
^Hehe... so advanced that they don't actually make the target bleed?, that would be somewhat believable for lightsabers (they cauterize while cutting), but then again they should sever bodies like there's no tomorrow... i always found that Obi-Wan Kennobi's line in Revenge of the Sith (when he kills Grievous with a blaster) about a blaster being 'barbaric' (or somesuch) quite hilarious; i mean, come on, for all intends and purposes Jedi use a nasty weapon that should leave trails of severed body parts all over the place.
Eh. It's possible. I mean, the only time I've ever seen blood in anything Star Wars is on the front of a book...
Old 08-09-2011, 03:57 AM   #7
Capibara
Rookie

^Of course, you don't want kids going to see a SW movie or animated movie (or game), and find the heroic paladin-esque Jedi leaving behind some horror out of a saw-like movie after a fight... regardless that their weapon of choice technically should.
Capibara is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #8
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kael'thas Solo View Post
Eh. It's possible. I mean, the only time I've ever seen blood in anything Star Wars is on the front of a book...
View page
YouTube Video

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #9
Canaan Sadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Del View Post
View page
YouTube Video
Yeah I remembered that like... last night just before I fell asleep xD
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > [Question] Adding blood splatters to the game