lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
yoda12
Lurker

New

Hi, I am new to this forum been modding for a while now (I know how to reskin already been using photoshop for 3 years :P) But is there a tutorial on how to make like a twielk or any other character your pc in kotor tool i know you can do that with save game editor and stuff but i mean like him to be a selectable pc? For kotor 2 by the way :> :/ PLEAS remember i am new to these forums so pleas don't say omg such a noobish question go use search noob. :/ And thanks in advance
yoda12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Welcome to the forum. To add a new PC to the game startup, you'll need to delve into .2da editing. There's a tutorial for the whole process here, as well as an entire Tutorials Sub-Forum available to assist you.
All tutorial sub-forums are available in Holowan Labs, so you've got the majority of the resources you'll be needing right there.

Since you're new here, you may also want to stop by this thread, and introduce yourself.
Be polite, check your spelling, and ignore the trolls for a peaceful stay on LucasForums.*

*Peace? Are you kidding? THIS. IS. LUCASFORUMS!

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
Darth333
Administraterror

Welcome to the forums

I'm moving this thread to Holowan labs where it should get more attention.
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2011, 10:30 PM   #4
yoda12
Lurker

Thanks darth, and trench. Bump for more options
Old 08-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #5
Gorgod
Rookie

Current Game: Sex
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda12 View Post
Thanks darth, and trench. Bump for more options
I think Trench's response is the best you'll get. You can't do it any other way.

bumping not allowed by the way

Gorgod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2011, 10:49 PM   #6
yoda12
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgod View Post
I think Trench's response is the best you'll get. You can't do it any other way.

bumping not allowed by the way
Oh :/ didn't know that i will check the rules xD anyways thank you guys so much
Old 08-09-2011, 11:52 PM   #7
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Start with downloading an established modder's work of the same type you are trying to achieve. I recommend "Female Twilek Exile" by stoffe-mkb (aka stoffe )

In that mod, with the included source files, you can learn just about everything you need to know. The included files that are in the tslpatchdata folder of the mod will show you which .2da's need to be altered, and by cross-referencing to the vanilla game you should be able to see the changes made there. After that, read a tut or two (we cannot mind-meld with you, though if we could the mods would be fab) and you should be able to easily accomplish this project.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > New