lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Revenge of Revan: Demo (Beta)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #41
R2-X2

Current Game: KotOR again. F*** yeah.
I totally missed this! I'll definitely downloasd this once my internet connection stops crashing every ten minutes! Sounds great so far!

Beep.
R2-X2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #42
Riven Fall
Rookie

Current Game: SW:KotOR II
Somebody know an release date of full Revenge of Revan, just speculated release date..
And i must say this is one of the best mods ever, for me this mod is best what i ever play.
I like storyline ..

Logan verrrrrry good job

__________________________________________________ _____
Dark Side shall free me...

MY MODS:http://deadlystream.com/forum/index....vity&mid=10772
Riven Fall is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #43
Scorge
Jedi Protector

Current Game: SWTOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riven Fall View Post
Somebody know an release date of full Revenge of Revan

Oh and btw, I know this is a dumb question but, is there supposed to be module files included? Because when I downloaded this ( When it was just released ) there wasn't any module files, and I am eager to play this.

Formally MrObiWan

If you need help with textures on any KotOR/TSL mod, feel free to contact me.

Scorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #44
d3sd0
Rookie

So far it's been pretty good, but a couple issues/ problems I've noted (sorry if they've already been noted), is that after I finish fighting something, it takes my character a bit before they'll start moving again, I'll try to make them move but they won't and I have to wait it out. Also, when you're in Corellia the first part you come in, I can't read the name of people or things on the box that pops up when you hover over it. One more thing, I also noticed that the Cantina music is very loud, so it competes a lot with the vo's and the vo's can be hard to hear. Sorry if this bumps or something. Just wanted to note it!

To know that one has breathed easier because you have lived is to have succeeded.
d3sd0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #45
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
So far it's been pretty good, but a couple issues/ problems I've noted (sorry if they've already been noted), is that after I finish fighting something, it takes my character a bit before they'll start moving again, I'll try to make them move but they won't and I have to wait it out. Also, when you're in Corellia the first part you come in, I can't read the name of people or things on the box that pops up when you hover over it. One more thing, I also noticed that the Cantina music is very loud, so it competes a lot with the vo's and the vo's can be hard to hear. Sorry if this bumps or something. Just wanted to note it!
I'm glad your enjoying the mod

-The "after I finish fighting something, it takes my character a bit before they'll start moving again" - This is the game engine/ vanilla bug.

-The UI is still being worked on and the name plates will be fixed so you can read them. There is no tutorial or system on how to change the UI's color so its a bit of change and test but this will be fixed even if it means the color goes back to the original kotor2 for the name plates.

-I will check the music and see if i can tweak the volume. You can try to lower the music volume in the game settings till the next Patch.

Thanks for the feed back!

Logan

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #46
noname35
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR 1 and 2
This looks really interesting, kinda reminds me of Brotherhood of Shadow for Kotor. Speaking of that mod is there a quest in game that activates this or is it a seperate game all together?
noname35 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #47
Christos K
Forumite

This is a separate mod altogether. If you follow the install instructions you will have it set up in no time.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #48
noname35
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR 1 and 2
Thanks I was just wondering before I download

Last edited by noname35; 02-16-2012 at 10:12 PM.
noname35 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #49
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
OK, I played through this once before, but I can't remember anything from that. I've been playing through it again, but have only got to the seen on Corellia with the king.

I'll start with the good. The new armour/robe skins and saber hilts are great. I'm not so sold on the heads, but they're well done, given the difficulty of creating them. The mod seems to fit together properly - cut-scenes fire when they should, scripts run as expected, and there don't appear to be any major bugs with the mod at present.

On the negative side, however...

To begin with the most immediately annoying thing, the incomplete new GUI colours are ugly, and the dark green in particular is difficult to read in some situations, like in the case of NPC names.

Giving the NPCs individual names: some people may find this immersing, personally I found it highly annoying. It means spending forever searching for the right NPC.

Quest construction is dull and rather out of date: Fedex quests (i.e., get item X from person Y and bring it to person Z) have been done to death, and I don't think it's just me who'd like something more innovative.

The opening video showing
spoiler:
the destruction of the station
needs work. A hi-res, properly modelled version would be recommended for the final release, but there are other more fundamental issues with the scene as well, in particular the rather static use of camera, which makes the scene feel more dull than it needs to. Speaking of which, we then go from this into a sequence of cut-scenes, into a lengthy series of dialogues. If Mass Effect 2 can't get away with this kind of excessive cut-scening (which it can't), I wouldn't bet on RoR getting away with it. The later edits of in-game videos (used for the flight from Coruscant to Corellia) I would strongly suggest replacing.

The music... would have been fine with an isometric fantasy RPG released about the same time as KotOR 1; but you've stuck it next to KotOR II's score and it can't hold up. It feels simple and plain, and could do with a bit more harmonic and melodic complexity. The music also feels rather aimless, and doesn't seem to go anywhere. The synthesised sound also really does work against you.

The area where the mod really falls down, though, is in the writing. The opening crawl itself isn't well written, but the dialogue is in dire need of improvement: at present it is stilted, unnatural, ridden with non-sequiturs, redundancies and clumsy phrasings, shifts wildly in tone, and alternates between characters saying absolutely nothing and shoving plot-content down the player's throat with a shovel.

I've jotted down some specific instances which I spotted as I went through, and will post them here (spoilers!), although the list is far from exhaustive:
Show spoiler

I'm not having a go for the sake of it: you've clearly done a lot of work on the mod. The problem that I can see, however, is that the work has been spread too thin, and the dialogue in particular needs going over carefully and rewriting.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2014, 05:33 PM   #50
DAFFYDAFFY1
Rookie

I've just been playing through this mod and it definitely has the potential to be an all time classic mod for kotor 2.
The previous comments in this thread cover the most obvious problems that might need ironing out.
I hope we will get a complete Revenge of Revan mod in the future.
This mod seems too good to die

p.s..Full marks to Darth InSidious for pointing out grammar mistakes.
Is he a part time English teacher?
DAFFYDAFFY1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Revenge of Revan: Demo (Beta)