lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Deficient ini
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-22-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
Working Class Hero
Rookie

Deficient ini

I reinstalled tsl on win7 and am having trouble with ini edits not taking. I noticed that my ini is far smaller than it should be and i'm assuming that this i where my difficulty lies. I remember seeing a relatively easy fix on getting the ini to show the proper length, but unfortunately i can't seem to find it. If someone could point that out to me i'd be grateful.
Working Class Hero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Have you run the game yet? The .ini gets longer one the game has been run.

Are you using an administrator account?

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2011, 06:03 AM   #3
Working Class Hero
Rookie

Yes on both accounts.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
Q
The one who knocks

Did you install the game according to the large-print instructions at the top of the second post in this thread?

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Old 08-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
Working Class Hero
Rookie

No i did not, but that thread gave me an idea: I did the right click "run as administrator" on the exe and after some wonky launching i loaded up a module and exited. Lo, my ini was proper size again. Thanks for the thread, and win7's permissions are really weird.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #6
Q
The one who knocks

^That they are, and very frustrating, which is why the first thing I do when installing Windows is disable the User Account Control. It saves a lot of headaches.

-Toker
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > The Work Bench > Deficient ini